Welcome to Gaia! ::

Guild of Vegans and Vegetarians

Back to Guilds

Join vegetarians and supporters for discussion on health, cooking, and ethical issues! 

Tags: Food, Vegan, Vegetarian, Animal, Cooking 

Reply Recipes & Cooking Tips
Chunky Veggie Chili

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cook counter(click yes if you have tried this, and please comment)
  yes
View Results

SpazistIdealist

600 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:48 pm
Ingredients: 1 can black beans, 1 can chili beans, 2 cans diced tomatoes, 1 small can tomato sauce, 1 chopped onion, 1 chopped green pepper, 2 stalks chopped celery, 8 oz soy beef crumbles, 4 tsp chili powder, 1 heaping tbsp brown sugar.

1. Sautee onion, soy beef, green pepper, and celery in olive oil until tender
2. add 1 can of chili beans, 1 can black beans, 2 cans diced tomatoes, 1 small can tomato sauce, 4 tsp chili powder, 1 heaping tbsp brown sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
3. Heat to boiling. Reduce to low. Let simmer for about 1 and a half to 2 hours.

You’re going to want to stir the chili every once and a while as it simmers to keep the chili at the bottom of the pot from burning. Ingredients are relative, feel free to add whatever you believe tastes good, or add or subtract from the amount of whatever ingredient you might use.

Personally, I like to add a bit of cheddar cheese after I've put it in a bowl, but without cheese this recipe is 100% vegan. With the soy beef crumbles, thats when I turn to good ol' Morning Star Farms: Recipe style beef crumbles. I heart MSF!  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 9:06 am
sounds yummy...=] I think I'll try that tonight  

-Shelbi-welbi-

Catherine teh Vegan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 8:52 pm
Could you use TVP instead of soy beef crumbles?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 6:56 pm
hmmm... haven't tried it with the brown sugar and beef crumble though; might be a nice addition. And i use just black beans with a little jalepeno and mango salsa mixed in.  

chillprincess

Captain Aerius

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:50 am
All the ingredients are on my shopping list so I'll have in an update in a week or two.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:46 pm
I tried this recipe it was delicious! heart  

Newber12

Recipes & Cooking Tips

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas