Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
The same thing?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Queen.Cellophane

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:50 pm
So I took a health class this summer (Cause I have no hours to take it during the school year) and they said that you need to keep one meal the same everyday, and not have a TON of varity all the time. So I took that to heart, and started packing my lunch for school (In a pretty princess lunchbox)
So my question is: Is this a good idea? I totally don't mind eating the same thing everyday.
My lunch: Half a sandwich (12 grain bread, Skippy Natural Chunky peanutbutter and one of those little jam things... like the little jam things at Restrants... Don't ask why we have them) a small box of raisins, a light yougurt (100 cal) and Water with that peach tea stir in stuff (5 calories)
Does this sound good? What do you think about regularity?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:35 am
I think that's a very strange thing to be taught in a health class. EVERY doctor, nutritionist, and health teacher I've ever had in my life says that variety is absolutely key in maintaining good nutritional balance. There are millions of edible things on earth, and we're intended to make the most of them.

Peanut butter is about half protein and half fat. You may want to stick with sliced turkey breast. If you get the fat-free turkey, it's extremely low in calories. You could eat about five slices of that for the same amount of calories as in one tablespoon of peanut butter.  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Queen.Cellophane

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:13 am
That sounds pretty good.
I may just have to go food shopping w/o my parents and with my own money, cause they will never get that stuff.
Then I put my name on it in the fridge. biggrin
Thanks for the advice!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:14 pm
gonk

What school are you going to?

Variety is what keeps your body guessing and your metabolism running quickly.

Also, I agree with Divash: don't eat the peanut butter too much.. there is about 16 grams of fat per serving in peanut butter, which is a LOT more than you need from food. Like.. take cheese for instance - you should try not ingesting a serving of cheese that has more than 2-3 grams of fat in it. If you're trying to lose weight, pay a lot of attention to the grams of fat. x3 It takes a ton less grams of fat than amount of calories to gain just one pound of pure, gelatenous fat. gonk

BUT... back to the point... it's not BAD for you to eat the same thing like... every other day... but I'd vary it as much as possible.

StilettoReject

Queen.Cellophane

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:24 pm
Thanks guys.
And I switched to turkey this week, but we are all out of it now. Hopefully we'll go to cub or something this weekend.
Thanks so much Frau.
I'll try to switch it up.
biggrin  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games