Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
250lbs > SMALLER

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jeshicat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:31 pm
I weight about 250lbs give or take and I don't know what waist line I want to be, or what weight (since it varies to people)

BUT I want to weigh less, and slim down -nods- I know that one for sure.
My main reason is so people can carry me everywhere :3 Cause that would just be freaking awesome, and I want a proper piggyback ride ;-;

I am 5'10ish and fairly broad shoulders and such ^^; but oh well :3

Any tips fun-exercise wise? Some motivation?

D: <333333333 And can you mention what you did to get results and how long it roughly took you?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 6:23 pm
I joined Weight Watchers, lived faithfully by the program, and have lost 50 pounds. It's an extremely good program, the most recommended by doctors. In fact, it was my doctor who suggested it. She and I were discussing weight loss surgery, and she said that the insurance company wouldn't pay for it unless I tried a weight loss program and didn't get any results. So I joined and though, "You'll see, nothing works, and you'll eventually have to give me the surgery." And instead, the program did work, because I stuck to it without cheating. I've lost 50 pounds, look great, and feel great.  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Statistical Anomaly

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:22 pm
I used to weigh almost 300 lbs. That's a lot, but it seemed like even more since I'm only 5' 4". I decided to do something about it, and completely changed my lifestyle. I began exercising, both cardio and weight training, and eating healthier (and less). Now, I exercise 5 days a week, have given up drinking, and attempt to eat between 1200 and 1500 healthy calories a day (I say attempt, because lately that part hasn't been going well). Currently I weigh around 185 lbs, give or take. So, that's about 30 lbs. a year. A little slow compared to some people, but it's stayed off, which is what I was going for.

It's sort of odd, I don't seem to notice a real physical difference. But that's probably because I've looked at myself every day of the process, so it looks like nothing ever happens.

It's a hard process, but in the end, it's worth it. At least, I thought it was when I could go into a normal store in the mall and find jeans that fit. And, when I realized that I wasn't "the fat one" anymore.

Additionally, I no longer have high blood pressure, hormone problems, or diabetes risk because I lost the weight. I know more about health and nutrition than I ever thought I would, which enables me to make healthy food choices to reinforce my lifestyle.

As for exercise tips, do something you like, and vary your routine. If you're going about it in a more traditional manner, incorporate both cardio and strength training. And, do the strength training before the cardio if you do both on the same day-otherwise, you won't get the most out of your lifting session.

Good luck!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:50 am
So I love you.

Why? Because you have around the same goals as I have. Only difference is I'm 5'7. Not 5'10. I have a pretty big frame as well.

I give piggy backs all the time but have never had one...how sad is that?

Motivation....I'm still working on my own. Not being a fat kid on the outside is a pretty big one for me. ( I will always be a fat kid on the inside. whee I mean come on? I get in food fight with soft taco shells?)

For excerise, I say find a friend and work out with them. Me and my roomie just hit the gym together for the first time this morning. Boy did I feel like I was going to die. Thing is, I feel so much better for going and like I am actually TRYING.

Yoga and Tai-Chi are fun.

Work. I will be back.

heart Sarah heart  

Aranel-Raina

Jeshicat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:03 pm
YAY <3 lawls I lovers you too :3

And thank you so much for the advice! and stories :3

I think I will try a cardio kickboxing class and later a capoeira(sp?) class :3  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:29 am
i've found that it's a lot easier to exercise if there's actually a POINT in doing it.
what do i mean?
well, in nature, fitness isn't a result of exercise, because no one does yoga out in the wild. fitness comes as a result of doing things that NEED to be done, like hunting and keeping house.
i think that personally, it's harder if i'm only accomplishing things for my looks, like sitting and watching exercise tapes and following along.

i know what you're thinking, "where are you going with this, crazywoman?"

here.

it's a lot easier for me personally to be motivated when i'm doing something. rather than doing crunches, i put groceries away or re-arrange that messy pantry.
if i see i need more toned legs, i fold laundry. one piece of laundry folded, left lunge. one more piece folded, right lunge. repeat.
that way, you are distracted from the boring, "left, right, left, right" where you concentrate on your legs and how it hurts/is sore, and rather your attention goes to doing something productive.
by the time you get a full workout in, your house is clean! then you feel doubly accomplished, got your workout and chores in, and heck! you could have even gotten MORE workout in by keeping your mind off of your muscles.

hope this helped?

you can burn lots of calories, just make a to-do list! mow the lawn, weed a garden, walk a dog or wash your mom's car. you can always slip in a few extra exercises, and it makes exercising AND chores more fun.

Stars in my Pocket
Vice Captain

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:28 am
I love this idea, Stars! I do the same thing. Putting away groceries, I always take a can of something in each hand, lift it out to the sides or front two or three times, then put it away. The same with the milk jugs, and so on.

Sitting at my desk at work, I take my trash can between my feet and lift it up and down a few inches. It's good for the legs. Also, my office is arranged in a big D pattern, a curve of cubicles and outer offices around an inner core-room of copy machine, fax, and office supplies. I'm at one of the corners. No matter where I need to go in the office, I make sure to take the longest possible route, so that I get in a few more steps on my pedometer.

I walk an extra block to a different bus stop, then get off one or two stops early to add extra walking. It's even easier now that it's winter, and cold, because I walk fast just to get my body temperature to rise.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 4:07 pm
Height: 5'5
Weight: 165-168
Goal: 125-135

Something that modivates me to work out is my music. When I jog I actually find myself wanting to jog to hear my ipod. I make a playlist of songs that just distract me from the workout and I turn it up so I don't have to hear myself breathe or the sound of my feet against the floor. Just make sure the songs don't have a slow rhythm or beat if you ever do this. (I listen to rock like Disturbed, Bullet For My Valentine, Static Lullaby, HIM while running)  

MustGetFit

Emu Feathers

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:51 pm
The 2 things that helped me the most to lose over 25 pounds were
1) Getting a dog
2) Packing my lunch  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 11:28 pm
-smiles- Thank you everyone.

Stars that was an amazing idea, I should do more chores my mum might appreciate it and so will my body. I am sure -nodnods-

I find that when I am out with friends it doesn't matter how far I walk or at what speed. I just have fun eitherway.

I would get a dog to help but I am not allowed, at least not until I move out. Also I have a little sister, when I play with her I get a lot of exercise.  

Jeshicat

Hayatochi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:36 pm
I know the feeling.
I am about your height, I'm 13, and I think I'm like 240 pounds.
[it's so embarrassing being the only person who REFUSES to tell your weight to anybody]

I'm trying to lose weight right now and right now I have joined my school basketball team (funny thing is, is that I thought I wouldn't make the team) and coach makes us to tons of conditioning.
Though have I seen progress? Slightly.

Right now I'm learning to cut back on eating. I gotta stop eating ramen every day after school and learn to pack my own lunch.
I've also noticed that about a year ago, I stopped drinking sodas and the only kind of sodas I drink were diet ones and my weight stopped climbing.

Also I need to drink water if I become hungry.

One of my personal goals is to do more conditioning on my own once basketball is over so I can be faster and drop the weight.

PM me more if you wanna talk.
I would love to have someone to talk to on how to lose weight. :3

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 12:14 am
Statistical Anomaly
I used to weigh almost 300 lbs. That's a lot, but it seemed like even more since I'm only 5' 4". I decided to do something about it, and completely changed my lifestyle. I began exercising, both cardio and weight training, and eating healthier (and less). Now, I exercise 5 days a week, have given up drinking, and attempt to eat between 1200 and 1500 healthy calories a day (I say attempt, because lately that part hasn't been going well). Currently I weigh around 185 lbs, give or take. So, that's about 30 lbs. a year. A little slow compared to some people, but it's stayed off, which is what I was going for.

It's sort of odd, I don't seem to notice a real physical difference. But that's probably because I've looked at myself every day of the process, so it looks like nothing ever happens.

It's a hard process, but in the end, it's worth it. At least, I thought it was when I could go into a normal store in the mall and find jeans that fit. And, when I realized that I wasn't "the fat one" anymore.

Additionally, I no longer have high blood pressure, hormone problems, or diabetes risk because I lost the weight. I know more about health and nutrition than I ever thought I would, which enables me to make healthy food choices to reinforce my lifestyle.

As for exercise tips, do something you like, and vary your routine. If you're going about it in a more traditional manner, incorporate both cardio and strength training. And, do the strength training before the cardio if you do both on the same day-otherwise, you won't get the most out of your lifting session.

Good luck!

Wow, congratulations man, that is an extrodinary feat. that is very inspiring. I used to weigh 250 in middle school, and I lost 60 pounds, but then I went back up 215, and now I am down to 207.  

ol_evil_eye_Riddle_box

Statistical Anomaly

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 6:32 am
ol_evil_eye_Riddle_box
Statistical Anomaly

Good luck!

Wow, congratulations man, that is an extrodinary feat. that is very inspiring. I used to weigh 250 in middle school, and I lost 60 pounds, but then I went back up 215, and now I am down to 207.

Congratulations yourself! Although, I must admit, I've gained 20 lbs since then, making me about 205. But, I hope some of it is muscle. (Lol, who am I kidding, it's probably not) Anyway, I figure, even if I did gain a bit back, I'm still less than I was originally, so I'm coming out ahead.  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games