No
  A little
  Yes!!
  Pollwhore?
  ..-.- lucky b*****d!!
View Results

blue_man_of_destruction

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:20 pm
I have 12 shiny Eevee's. 7 are going toward its evolved forms, 1 is going to Krishnath for a pokemon with Pokerus, 1 is going to Fullmetal...just because, and another one is going to my friend. So that leaves 2 left, do you want me to hold on to one for you?...I now have $5 toward my goal of $40 for a Wifi adapter....so it may take a while.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 4:45 am
Negai Boshi
*cries* I wish I could figure out those stupid chains, I want a shiny Eevee......

To chain you need the Pokeradar.
When you have it, you put a rather powerful pokemon at the front of the party, it just needs to be a higher level than the highest level wild pokemon you can find in the area you decide to try an make a chain in.
Walk into an area of grass (you know, where you encounter wild pokemon, not the really tall stuff though).
Then you need to use one of the various repels that are available. I prefer using Max Repel myself as it allows for most steps before needing to be reused.
Use the Pokeradar. Now you will see some patches of grass shake. If it shakes white there is an increased chance of encountering a rare pokemon in the patch. If it shakes in a rainbow of colors, it means there is a guaranteed shiny there. You can still encounter shinies in the regular and white patches. But the rainbow patches are a guaranteed shiny.
Go to one of the patches that shook, and you will enter a wild battle. Either defeat or catch the pokemon. Then you should see other patches of grass shake. Enter a patch with the same color as the one you just entered and if you encounter the same kind of pokemon as before, you just started a chain.
The longer you have to walk between two patches of grass, the higher the chance that you encounter the same kind of pokemon again. This only takes the minimum number of steps needed into account, so it doesn't matter if you walk twenty steps to get to a patch, when all that is needed is four.
If you don't see any patches to your liking (they are all to close, or the wrong color), you can re-activate the Pokeradar without breaking the chain! However, you need to walk 50 steps to recharge the Pokeradar between each use.
Also, each route have their own unique pokeradar pokemon. These pokemon can only be encountered on that specific route, and only if you use the pokeradar. For example, Ditto on route 218  

krishnath

blue_man_of_destruction

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:27 pm
Couldnt have said it better myself ^^  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:38 am
Thank you. ^^  

krishnath

blue_man_of_destruction

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:42 pm
No problem  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:23 pm
I'll give you a legit jirachi for an eevee.  

froggie of pwnage

Uyraies

7,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:21 pm
Bah. Dx
I have 2 shinies. One is a Golem nicknamed Orion that I originally had on my Leaf Green, the other is a random Celebi someone on Gaia was nice enough to give me.
I'm trying to get Giratina to be a shiny...Because the inverted colors are cool...And I've been looking to get a shiny Shinx and a shiny Ralts. >_< My chaining sucks. xD The highest chain I ever got was 17.  
Pokemon Unleashed

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff