or landraider?
View Results

wash_away

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:38 pm
Construction Journal

Black Templar Shadow Crusade

User Image

Project Mithridates:

the tournaments over and I didn't make the cut. so I'm going to build a thunderhawk for apocolpyse or else I wont have enough points to play. the land raider is on the back burner for now since I'm actually going to use the thunderhawk.

if anyone has the measurments for the thunderhawk (length width height) that would be awesome. I googled it but to no luck.

Supplies check list:
-plasticard
-magnets

Tutorial: highlighting. Tutorials

Latest conversions:
melta gun
compare  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:09 pm
Couldnt tell you. If I ever get my cousin active on here though Ill tell him to give you a pm or a post. He uses rare earth magnets for his dreadnoughts so he can switch out their weapon fits.  

King Kento

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:19 pm
I'd probably use magnets pried from chess pieces or something...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:39 pm
Too bad you can't easily cut up harddrive magnets, they are beastly strong.  

Andreis

wash_away

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:06 pm
those small rare earth magnets are perfect. I want to be able to pop off the guns and those magnets are always handy. I tried fridge magnets but the flats one are week and the strong ones I had to green stuff the arm to make it look right.

I started serious work on it today, I'll pick up more after this tournament but pictures will be up tomorrow of the landraiders baby steps to becoming a terminus.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:42 pm
*deleted*  

wash_away

screaming_hawk

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:25 am
you can buy the magnets at just about any arts 'n' crafts store, though they cost alot.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:49 pm
well I need a lot of magnets, when my army is completly finished, the interior of my vindicators will be led lit, all weapons painted Non Metallic Metal, and every tank mounted weapon (with the exception of OOP speeders) removable. if I can get the wireing I might even add lazer pointer lights where the sights above the vindicator cannons are.

I dont want another army, but when you fight my templar my goal is for them to say "holy s**t... you did that with 2k?" I just need to get a good, really good army list. theres three old pros at my shop so that should help.  

wash_away

Fogcutter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:13 pm
I suggest you don't NMM anything. It looks like dumb and lame from more than one angle.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:38 am
Epic Fail Guy
I suggest you don't NMM anything. It looks like dumb and lame from more than one angle.

well I want to master the technique more then use it. I'm just trying to learn how to paint well.  

wash_away

Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff