Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Motivation

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Soi Tsuba

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:44 am
I've lost my motivation to keep going on. Yes lose weight, yes look better, yes be healthy.

but the thing is, I've got so much crap going on that last thing i want to think about is excersise. And when I get emotional, I bake. Normally don't eat what I bake but temptation is there.

I don't know... What helps keep you going? What are you working towards? I need thinspiration.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:11 pm
Weird because when I get stressed, all I want to do is exercise. gonk I've cried some days when I haven't had time to exercise, because it's all I'd been wanting to do all day. >>;;

Anyway, what keeps me motivated is the fact that I'm going to Germany next yaer and my boyfriend and I are planning on swimming when we have days off (and it's not freezing cold out) at the Boden See... and we kind of want to fit in, which means we'll be going nude. >>;;

StilettoReject

xXRachie RaeXx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:44 pm
My Motivation is a guy I like. I know he doesnt want a fat girl. He wants a slim beautiful girl. I think I got the beautiful down, I just wanna lose 10-20 pounds. Thats my goal. I think about him every day wondering if he thinks about me. Just the other day i got called fat so I guess I keep those people in mind and want to show them I'm not gonna be fat in the future. Just writting this...Gives me the motivation. :]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:59 pm
a good way to stya moviated it to no focus on the weight, but on a closer, more accomplishable goal. for example, you tell yourself you'll walk for 30 minutes on monday, wednesday and friday. at the end of the week you've already accomplished your goal. remember, short term goals add up to long term goals.  

blackcatluck

Dapper Gaian

Anhedonic Hedonist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:21 pm
I have NO motivation... but I'll try to help sweatdrop .

Instead of baking, get a journal. Write down each and every negative, or positive, thought you have. Nothing like a good b***h fit to keep you from baking. Or get a punching bag. And tape a picture of something you really hate, like a pair of Crocs or a political figure you despise. Or Tom Cruise. Then you get a workout AND vent your anger.

Buy post it notes, and write your goals and inspirational stuff on them, and post them all over the place. Like on the fridge, put "Only eat ____ much food a day!" or "A moment on the lips, an eternity on the hips". On your water faucet put "Drink ___ much water a day!" or "Drink a glass of water before eating- it fills you up!" Stuff like that's a good reminder, and it really hammers your goals into your brain.

Tell people your goals. NOTHING is worse than going to eat a bowl of ice cream or something, and have a parent/sibling (or spouse/roommate/whatever) say, "I thought you were trying to lose weight." Then you feel guilty because that person cares more about your goals than you do, so you immediately put the ice cream back and grab a nice tasty orange.

You know how you go to school every day, even though you hate it? (Or work...) Same with exercise. The problem is, nobody's forcing you to work out, and there aren't consequences. Sure, you'll have low self esteem, but that's not enough. Get a workout buddy.... like I should use my sister. Go on a walk with your workout buddy every day at 5:00 or something. If one of you misses just because you don't want to walk, find some sort of punishment. I don't care if the agreement is that you get beaten with a wooden spoon if you miss a walk- as long as you get punished! And, perhaps for every ten walks you go on, you two get to do something fun together, like splurge and go to the nice sushi restaurant down the street.

Make some sort of non weight related goal for yourself. Say you like to swim, but can only do two laps around the pool without stopping. Then you focus on being able to do five. Challenge your personal bests. I, for instance, am fantasizing over being able to do a pull up or chin up. I never could. And I want to be able to do ONE. It's more likely that I'll make myself fit enough to do that one dinky little chin up than make myself lose TWENTY or THIRTY pounds. It seems like I'll be able to accomplish it quicker.

I really hope what I said has helped, and you are able to gain your motivation!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:17 am
I've got a goal for you that might work, because without realizing it, it worked for me. Lane Bryant sent me a platinum card. I thought to myself, "Jeez, have I really been fat long enough to get a platinum charge card at Lane Bryant?" Now, I love the clothes at Lane Bryant, but the fact is, their smallest size is 14, and for years I was NOT their smallest size.

That really ticked me off, them sending me that card. I take it to the gym with me sometimes as a form of inspiration -- something I was angry about, that will light a fire under me while I'm working on the treadmill or other machines. Works like a charm.

And last night, I bought a shirt at the Gap. The shirt looks fantastic, thanks for asking! Finally, after years of living four blocks from a Gap store, I can shop there instead of having to take a bus and then transfer to a smelly subway in order to get to LB. I'm finally in normal sizes again!  

Divash
Vice Captain

Eloquent Conversationalist

3,700 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games