Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Dark Hedgehog's Sketchplace (Updated Dec 12 ) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadizilla

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:28 pm
Errol McGillivray
I can help you stage that bar one if you like. 3nodding

Mmm, that would be lovely, dear.

Do you have any red-lines, or maybe examples, so I can see that we're thinking the same thing~?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:22 pm
Sorry for the delay. I've been so busy. gonk

Well, I think it's all about eye level. Right now, the eye level is at his eyes. (The viewer's eye level.) You can change the feeling by changing that. If it's above his eye level, you might see the bottom of the bottle on the table and not see the top of the neck. The glass will seem Further away from the viewer (because the perspective will be a bit more extreme) and that will help the idea that he's emotionally distant right now. There's some drama there. And also, it always helps when props are shown interacting with surfaces. It helps solidify your space. With this view, the viewer is looking down at him. You might pity him as the viewer.

From below his eye level, you get a feeling of just how low he is on the table. The glass will seem bigger and so will the bottle because we're looking past them at him. That creates drama by telling the story that he's drinking.

Guide your viewers emotions and responses to the story and you'll always have successful illustrations on some level.  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Shadizilla

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:37 am
Oh, I know how you feel Errol -- I've been almost non-existent.
But yes, I'll have to try re-doing that soon. I think I get what you're saying now~

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This one I really like everything, except drawing arms in profile kills me dearly. If someone could give tips, or references, that would help greatly.
From the sketch, I hope you can see, I'm trying to get them sort of holding one another around the back-tummy area.

Just a doodle, really. Not looking for Crits, but you can go ahead and give tips~

Drawn yesterday. I like it a little more than I did yesterday, but there's still something about it that I can't put my finger on.
Critique, please. Redlines are loved even more.

Just so you know, on the last one, the right boy is pulling on the glove at the opening, so that's why it's out like that.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:47 pm
Image from a few weeks ago. Here's the sketch, and I'm probably going to clean it up a bit and work on it on the computer a bit, see what I can do with it.

Some quick gestures from Pose Maniacs 30 second drawing.

Some Anatomy and real-life drawing from yesterday and today. I actually like the profile with the skull -- it really helps the form.

Some sketches from today. The bottom left boy, the chest is a bit messed up, I know that.

Shadizilla

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces