Worlds in fantasy books- need help ^^

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Ignea

Sweet Singing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:23 am
I need descriptions of creating world in fantasy books (myths in fantasy books xD)
How it was created, who created it etc.
Anyone help? ^^' I didnt remember any book with something like this >.>  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 9:55 am
Creation myths in fantasy books? Hmm. I swear I've read one before, but I can't think of it.

I believe Archangel by Sharon Shinn has a creation myth somewhere in it. And I guess The Magician's Apprentice in C.S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia could count as having a creation myth.  

NightIntent
Captain

Eoinda

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 7:21 am
Simarilion by Tolkien is the first I think of  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:23 pm
Are you looking for books that describe the creation of a world, or books that tell *you* how to create a world?  

Bookwyrme

Angleic Shadow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 6:49 pm
Well, Tolkien leaned heavily on the Bible for his creation myths for Middl Earth, but you could also easily draw Native American or African myths  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:08 am
Tolkien has entire books on the creation of Middle Earth (all of which are incredibly hard to get through, trust me) and the creation of Narnia scene i The Magician's Nephew is amazing!  

MinervaEvenstar

Tarantellatears

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:41 am
I think the Thief has a creation myth tucked in there somewhere.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:59 am
If I'm not mistaken the last book or so of 'the dreamer' series by David and Leigh Eddings holds a creation myth. Also the book 'SabriĆ«l' by Garth Nix, although I'm not entirely sure if that qualifies for creation. It's more like creating a world that's possible for mankind to live in separated from death.  

Hlyda

Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff