Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild
I found this sad but at the same time funny xD Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sad?
  Yes. D :
  Not Really.
  Funny Actually xD
  I agree w/ you sad and funny.
View Results

Leowna

Friendly Conversationalist

11,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:49 pm
Polyphonic Twilight
~[girlygirl]~
Polyphonic Twilight
Brookie and Dookie aren't words xp
"Broek" and "doek" are, pronounced almost like "brook" and "dook", but with more of an "oo" sound than "brook". Like a combination between the "oo" from "brook" and the "oo" from "boo!"

And "broek" means "pants" and "doek" means "towel"

I hate German! It's one of my least favorite subjects in school...
Can't you take a different language?
D:
German is required. So are English, French and Dutch.
Spanish is optional, and limited to certain students. Yesterday I found out that I was accepted! Yay! heart

That's good!

In my school, you can take French, Spanish, or German. You need at least two years to get to college. >.>  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:07 pm
~[girlygirl]~
Polyphonic Twilight
~[girlygirl]~
Polyphonic Twilight
"Broek" and "doek" are, pronounced almost like "brook" and "dook", but with more of an "oo" sound than "brook". Like a combination between the "oo" from "brook" and the "oo" from "boo!"

D:
Spanish is optional, and limited to certain students. Yesterday I found out that I was accepted! Yay! heart

That's good!

In my school, you can take French, Spanish, or German. You need at least two years to get to college. >.>

Take French
cool
I think French is easiest between those three. But if I were you, I'd personally pick German.  

Bilvy

Leowna

Friendly Conversationalist

11,250 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Piecatcher 100
  • Cheerleader 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:16 pm
Bilvy
~[girlygirl]~
Polyphonic Twilight
~[girlygirl]~
Polyphonic Twilight

D:

That's good!

Take French
cool
I think French is easiest between those three. But if I were you, I'd personally pick German.
I'm already taking Spanish. >.>  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:03 pm
~[girlygirl]~
Bilvy
~[girlygirl]~
Polyphonic Twilight
~[girlygirl]~
Polyphonic Twilight

D:

That's good!

Take French
cool
I'm already taking Spanish. >.>

Lol, I think Spanish is cool, but I wouldn't be able to speak it properly since I can't roll my Rs.
gonk
Thanks a lot French.  

Bilvy

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:13 am
Yeah I live in Belgium 3nodding
"ich" is pronounced more like "ikh" than like "ish" but it's not just a "k" it's a "ch". Like the way Hanukkah is supposed to be pronounced. You have to use your throat xp It's hard to explain. And the "i" is almost pronounced like "ee" but a little shorter.

"Underwear" is "ondergoed", "underpants" is "onderbroek". And "handkerchief" is "zakdoek". (It literally means "pocket towel" xp )

German is a lot like Dutch. The hardest thing about German though is that you have to conjugate words in cases... but I'm in 5th year of Latin so that's pretty normal to me.

If I had to pick between French, Spanish and German I'd pick Spanish. It's sexy surprised wink heart
Which is why I'm so happy I can take it 3nodding

It's weird that a school would make you wait with taking a language. Because the younger you are, the easier it is to learn new languages..

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:20 am
I think they were being serious (though they were making jokes about) as it came straight from the interviewer--and they never make stuff up on the Colbert Report, they just display the real news in an amusing way. XD

~*~

Yeah, it's really weird! I don't think my school is really into you "learning" the language. They perfer you take it the last two years of high school, that way you'll remember it better for collage. But the thing that I've always thought is: if you actually know the language (like you're suppose to!), why would you have hard time remembering it?

x_puppeteer_x_doll_x

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:18 am
Weird sweatdrop

If you started taking it earlier, wouldn't you still be able to take it during the last two years though? Like don't you just learn more and more every year?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:15 pm
Polyphonic Twilight
Yeah I live in Belgium 3nodding
"ich" is pronounced more like "ikh" than like "ish" but it's not just a "k" it's a "ch". Like the way Hanukkah is supposed to be pronounced. You have to use your throat xp It's hard to explain. And the "i" is almost pronounced like "ee" but a little shorter.

"Underwear" is "ondergoed", "underpants" is "onderbroek". And "handkerchief" is "zakdoek". (It literally means "pocket towel" xp )

German is a lot like Dutch. The hardest thing about German though is that you have to conjugate words in cases... but I'm in 5th year of Latin so that's pretty normal to me.

If I had to pick between French, Spanish and German I'd pick Spanish. It's sexy surprised wink heart
Which is why I'm so happy I can take it 3nodding

It's weird that a school would make you wait with taking a language. Because the younger you are, the easier it is to learn new languages..

Ouhh, hehe, thanks! Poly, you're smart.
gonk
And do you mean that in German you conjugate verbs by changing the ending of the word? >.<
like... in French, conjugating the verb "Faire" would be:
Je fais
Tu fais,
Il fait
Nous faisons
Vous faites, etc.
and in
english it would be:
I am doing
You are doing
He is doing, etc. ?  

Bilvy

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:56 pm
No, you conjugate verbs like that in pretty much every language. Even in English, you say "I am", "you are" and "he is". But "to be" is an irregular verb. A regular verb is "to play", but you still have to conjugate it "I play", "he plays"

In German you have to change nouns also, depending on their function in the sentence (i.e. subject, direct object, indirect object...)

For example:
I have a dog. "I" is the subject of the sentence and "dog" is the direct object.
In German it would be "Ich habe einen Hund."

But if you were to say "A dog bites a man." then "dog" would become subject. And you'd have to say "Ein Hund beiĀ§t einen Mann."

So the word is also conjugated. Well actually, the word's article is conjugated. (An article is what comes before a noun, in English it's always "the", in French it's "le" or "la")

...get what I mean? It's probably complicated and I don't really know how to explain it xp I'm no teacher domokun

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:13 pm
Okay, yeah, well I understood the first two lines really well, but everything after that just drifted off of my galaxy of comprehension.
xp
But what I can say is that... you sound freakin' smart, dude. I suck at foreign languages, which shows a lot from me thinking that 'to be' wasn't an irregular verb. Argh, I should know better...
And German sounds really complicated...
Hm, anway, today my art teacher said that underwear or something was 'broekje'?
confused  

Bilvy

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:59 am
Bilvy
Okay, yeah, well I understood the first two lines really well, but everything after that just drifted off of my galaxy of comprehension.
xp
But what I can say is that... you sound freakin' smart, dude. I suck at foreign languages, which shows a lot from me thinking that 'to be' wasn't an irregular verb. Argh, I should know better...
confused
xd
Languages are just my thing, I guess. I'm good at them xp

I guess some people might say "broekje" for underwear... But everyone I know would say it for short-shorts or like sport shorts..

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:31 pm
Polyphonic Twilight
Bilvy
xp
confused
xd
Languages are just my thing, I guess. I'm good at them xp

I guess some people might say "broekje" for underwear... But everyone I know would say it for short-shorts or like sport shorts..

Ohh I see, and yeah, I can definitely tell that you are good at languages.
pirate  

Bilvy

takashi_sahoko

2,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:57 pm
Polyphonic Twilight
*coughbullshitcough*

What's even funnier, at some point last year, everyone was talking about how Joepie (which is a magazine here) said that Brendon and Ryan were engaged. It was all over the internet here, everyone was quoting the magazine and saying they typed it over word for word.. but it was so ridiculous and obvious that it wasn't true. But people really believed it xp

OMG! That's hilarious! And yeah i have noticed that good looking boys are either gay or taken =B  
PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff