Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Weightloss for Halloween

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kill Nate

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:21 pm
Okay... I want to drop 14 pounds by Halloween.

Right now I am 5'11'' and weigh roughly 200lbs. I want to be atleast 186 lbs by Halloween. My body is fairly muscular and very proportionate and so I weigh my weight very well and I think that the 15 lb difference would make me super sexy.

I want to be able to have abs so I can wear a sexii costume.

ANYWAYS!

Plus my boyfriend and I made a pact that he would gain one stone (british weight measurement) and I would lose one stone and then we'd both be perfect.

Could anybody give me advice on how to lose this weight effectively in the next 50 days and then keep it off after that? So far my lifestyle hasn't been healthy, I eat fast food on a very regular basis and while I have a job that requires me to be on my feet all day, I don't really excercise outside of it.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:36 am
Sexii Bradley
So far my lifestyle hasn't been healthy, I eat fast food on a very regular basis and while I have a job that requires me to be on my feet all day, I don't really excercise outside of it.

Well, it seems like you have a pretty good idea of what you need to do. But here's a few suggestions:
1. Start bringing a lunch to work instead of eating out. It's cheaper, and healthier.
2. If you do eat out, look for healthier options. Smaller meals, salads, stuff like that. Or, get something larger if you really want it, but save some for later.
3. Make time for exercise. You can't tell me there's not a half hour somewhere in your day that you couldn't use to go for a jog, or lift weights, or do something. Maybe you could get your boyfriend to exercise with you-it's more fun to exercise with someone.
4. Moderation is key. If you feel like chocolate cake, have a small slice. It's not going to be the end of the world, you'll feel indulged, and one small slice of cake is probably better for your diet than all the food you would have eaten while trying to avoid the cake, and then, after realizing you really just want cake, eat the cake too (this happens to me a lot).

However, 15lbs in a month and a half might be pushing it. Safe, more permanent weight loss ranges from 1-2lbs a week for females. It's possible, especially if this is your first shot at it-the body tends not to hit plateaus until you've been at it for a while.

I'm also glad that you realize you need to change your lifestyle, and not just diet. It'll be hard at first, but it's worth it.

Good luck!  

Statistical Anomaly

Kill Nate

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:54 am
lol, thanks!

I guess I know it might not be the healthiest thing in the world, I just remember back when I was in school and I did wrestling that I would spend all night in the gym and I could drop like 6-7 pounds in a night and be in the next weightclass by the next day.

I am very sure that's not a totally healthy approach to it.

So I just think that the goal of losing 14 pounds in a month and a half is totally acheivable and I think that the fourteen pounds in something I could keep off simply by choosing to eat better and to excercise.

When I lived in England I weighed 190, 10lbs less then I do right now, and I think part of that had to do with fast food not being so readily available for me to eat. I was lucky to eat out once every couple weeks there.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 2:29 pm
I agree with Anomaly! Pack your lunch, and it's best to do it the night before. x3 That way you don't have time in the morning to putz around and keep adding things, it's just there for you ready to go. :]

Another trick I've learned is to drink before you eat.. not like a sip or two, more like chug a half to a whole bottle of water. It'll help you feel more full and keep you from over eating. :3

Also (wik), try doing the master cleanse or another detox diet. :] It'll definitely help to kick start your new diet and weight loss.

Also also (wik), don't worry about craving the bad foods! You'll actually start craving the healthy food once you've been eating it for a while. x3 And keep it to mostly aerobic exercise for the time being. You can add weight lifting later if you so wish, but it's better to start out with mostly aerobic and cardio.

StilettoReject

Soi Tsuba

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 1:43 pm
it's actually possible to drop the weight. The first ten lbs are the easiest to lose. Since of your current weight, it will be okay. It's fluff weight really. The first ten pounds are your yo yo pounds, the ones that come and go on any given day. After that is when you'll be dropping about a lb or two a week.

like everyone has said, bring lunch. Stop take out all together and I promise you will loose weight.
Next, stop drinking sodas. Only water or healthy water based drinks. Sodas actually expand your stomach.
Smaller portion control. You can either use smaller plates or cut everything in half.

Next step, figure out your heart rate training zone.

: (220 - your age) * .55 = (lower end of zone)
: (220 - your age) * .90 = (upper end of zone)

Say your upper end zone is about 180 beats per minute, that means for at least 25-30 minutes a day you want to get your heart pumping at about 160-175 beats per minute zone.

How to do it with out a gadget? Count your pulse for 15 seconds and times it by 4, and there you go.

I suggest 40 to 50 minutes since once you hit 20, everything after is when you start weight loss.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 7:55 pm
You guys are amazing. I really appreciate all the advice.  

Kill Nate

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games