Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Madalines Parents

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

what do you think?
  she is probably dead, the time is against her
  everything about this story seems strange, it doesnt add up
  i really think her parents or one of them could have done it
  why didnt they take the twins, or kill them?
View Results

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:26 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I somehow did not feel this should be in extended discussions due to the actual topic involved. For all those who follow the news i was wondering what some peoples throughts were on this issue and if you think that madaline is still alive. For those that have no idea what i am on about ill give a little run down on events from the past...

===

The mccanns three year old daughter dissapeared from a resort in Praia da Luz, Portugal, on 3 May. She went missing from her family's holiday apartment in Portugal between 9.30 and 10pm while her parents dined nearby. They feared that she was removed and took across the borders. Due to the immense media attention and support from the public the mccanns have been amazed. Even a millionaire in scotland has announced a 1 million reward prize for the safe return of madeline to her griefing parents. The couple said they checked on madeline and her twin siblings frequently whilst they were eating. On Tuesday, May 15 Murat is identified by police as an an 'arguido', or suspect, but claims he is being made a scapegoat. On Wednesday, May 16 Police interview Russian computer expert Sergey Malinka and take a number of items from his property to check. Then on the 17th they were reviewing phonecalls between malinka and murat on the night madeline went missing. On sunday 17th june the police announced that madelines family could have destroyed vital evidence in the first few hours after her abduction. friday august 3rd word comes in of two people with a child who looked remarkably like madeline comes through. on august 7th and 8th newpapers and other people stated that british police dogs has found the traces of blood and the smell of a corpse in the couples apartment.

Now madelines parents have been accused as the major suspects in there daughters death not her abduction but her death. the police then issued madelines mother a deal if she just confessed that madeline died from acidental death her mother refused the deal with anger and amazement.

===

Now i am confused because the police did not act fast enough we all saw this and even they confessed they had no more leads and so forth. I do personally find the idea that the mccanns left there three young children on there own in there apartment whilst they dined close by. As a mother i never would have ever left my children in a place alone without me or there father there, i would have cooked something in the apartment and not gone out without my children. We have seen people being spoken too but no official charges have been placed. we know dna was found in the apartment and i do not even have a remote idea how the blood got on the wall or how it was a splatter that does indeed seem strange to me. But if they were murderers why just kill madeline and why not the twins that is something which does not make sense and if they were dining close by if she was murdered in there or taken why was there no screams surely a child would scream if a stranger was near them in there home. also why just take madeline why not the twins as well. that bit makes no sense.

but to now give up on the child is sad to say the least because people have been reporting sights of her around the world sure some of these might be false reports but not all of them would be. it does make me wonder what is going on and are the police just covering up for there huge delay in starting the investigation.

i do not think she is alive it has been just too long now, if she is then she is highly lucky i do not even leave kaitlyn in her pram away from me i am always looking around me i hate the fact i have to do that and when she is older someone will be picking her up from school and taking her until she is old enough she wont be going out alone the world is not safe anymore. but i hate to say it she is the typical blonde haired child.. sounds weird but when i was 10 there was accounts of children being took who were blonde and i remember my mum refusing to let me and my brother out alone due to the fact a black tinted out windows car came up beside my brother and tried to get him to come to the side of the car luckily we were close enough to get him back to us before he went to the car, the police caught them and charge them for the abduction of a child but that was all we heard.

what do you guys think

DISCUSS

+ the chance madeline is alive
+ what do you think really happened?
+ do you think her parents did it?
+ dont you find it strange that the twins werent took, the parents dined away.
+ the lack of support or information from police
+ the fact british dogs were took in are the spanish police not capable?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:58 pm
4 months with little to no leads is something that says she's no longer among the living; as sad as that is to say. But when you compare it to other incidents within the UK, an external affair, involving a British family is likely going to be worse.

It doesn't help that the Police have done jack towards it, either. Last I heard, it was 2 weeks since she had been kidnapped, and they'd done very little towards the case. 2 weeks of idleness could mean she's in China or Russia; dead or alive.

I think the police, in their inability to solve a crime, are pinning it on the parents. None of it adds up, if you ask me. Why are British Police dogs in Portugal? How the hell can they say that the dogs smell blood and a corpse when they have no body to prove that fact? Why are the Portuguese police striking deals? Sounds like they're just wanting to get rid of the case, to me. Why are they holding themselves in their home? Wouldn't that make them lok more incriminating if a corpse was "smelt" in their house? ..and what's the deal with the car they say that blood was found in (supposedly Madaline's) a car they had rented x amount of days after their daughter's abduction?

Excuse me if I sound off-key.. I only just got recapped on this whole situation via a news report, some 20 minutes ago.. sweatdrop

Kitsukage

5,600 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Sheer_Immortal

Versatile Vampire

24,125 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:10 pm
I gotta watch the news more often sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:22 pm
the girl is dead i reckon. Like you said, its just been too long, and if i were the one who abducted her, i really would not want all the media attention set on me as the person who abducted the now famous madelline. If i was her mother, and i had killed her, i would probably deny it too.

I've always suspected the parents, its sad i guess, but it happens. Although i dont know why they would only kill her and not any of the others. Perhaps they organised the murder but did not kill her themselves? But then why conspire against a three year old? Its all very mysterious and suspicious. It is pretty appalling that they would leave their kids alone while they dined, if they are innocent.

As for the screaming, a child wouldnt scream if they suffocated it while it was sleeping, right? We dont know how madelline was supposed to be killed do we? Sightings are often false, i would be very sceptical about anyone saying that they saw her unless they had proof like a photo or security video etc. People see what they want to see, not necessarily what is true. Everyone wants her to be found alive, its no wonder that there have been sightings around the world

I dont know about the spanish police being incompetant, maybe the case has just become too big and too international so the british have come in to help. Extra money and man powerv never hurt either in an investigation like this

But this is just my opinion, i dont know all the facts >.< and im not a police officer  

Iconised Ghost

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:04 pm

Well because they have said there was traces of splattered blood on the wall in the apartment there living in and supposedly blood in the car which was rented 25 days after madeline was kidnapped it would insinuate that she was not sufocated but something far worse.

But kit you raised good points i cannot understand why our dogs are over there i know they can smell blood and so forth but generally when they smell a corpse they find the body because without the body the smell does not linger and when she was abducted police went in the same evening as soon as she was reported missing and they would have

A) seen the blood on the wall or a stain as it has supposedly been covered up, or blood stains on the floor which the dogs sniffed.
B) if there was a corpse it would have been found because no one would kill a child get rid of the corpse to then bring it back to there house

it would take a week before the smell lingered enough for a dog to smell it not a brand new corpse.

there has been numerous sightings around the world of her or someone who looks remarkably like her problem is, is getting the man power to rush and investigate. what we must remember is that not all children are kidnapped for murder some are took because someone cannot have a child and they live in secret then passing of the stolen child as there own. or there sold off to the highest bidder and sometimes i dont want to say it but even for cults a young boys torso was found in the thames missing organs and stuff for that very reason..

it is horrible to think off but one thing i dont get one bit is the car was hired 25 days after madeline went missing, there was no body within the premises or around it for miles right so no corpse she had been taken and the police were called instantly and would have seen something. so how did the blood get in the car i mean no one in there right mind would move a corpse out of the house whilst the cops came, brought it back when they left leave it for a week or two, then move the body 25 days later because hello the blood would have dried.

there is no way they moved a body if they did it when the car was hired because the blood of the corpse would have dried and they wouldnt have kept her alive just to kill her later. the police are planted it there is no way in hell there is blood in that van as it is impossible.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:15 pm
Angelic_Highlights

Well because they have said there was traces of splattered blood on the wall in the apartment there living in and supposedly blood in the car which was rented 25 days after madeline was kidnapped it would insinuate that she was not sufocated but something far worse.

it would insinuate that she bled. Getting rid of bodies can be messy and bloody, never mind whether they are suffocated or killed otherwise  

Iconised Ghost

HACK-Jane

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:10 am
I just can't believe they are blaming her own MOTHER for "Accidentally" killing her and then hiding the body. WTF did that come from? they have no leads that she did the only thing they had was a bit of blood in the apartment they where staying in and their rented car confused and anyway when she went missing the parents where down at the bar if im not mistaken?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:23 am
like i said, organised by the parents and no one suspects ninja well until now i guess  

Iconised Ghost

MonsieurSponge

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:10 am
This sounds like somebody took a bunch of facts from murder stories and jumbled them up all together, none of them really add up. neutral
Here's the thing though, how are they going to find the body of a three year old? She was probably very small, and it would be pretty easy to get rid of her. I would say the parents look very suspicious. A three year old and younger twins? I wouldn't leave young children alone in the house. You hire a babysitter or ask a family member to watch them if you need a night alone together THAT badly. And if you are on vacation it absolutely STUPID to bring young children like that and expect to be able to do that kind of things that you did before you had kids on vacation. Your vacation will ALWAYS orient around your kids until they move out. stressed
The mother could have killed her. I can totally picture somebody coming over it a fit of rage and being pushed to murdering their child, and then seeing their act of rage and not believing that they had done it, not wanting to have done it, until the point where they have convinced themselves that it wasn't them. It was somebody else, it was a person of malicious intent who came and stole their Madeleine, their sweet three year old away from them.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:16 am

You cannot blame the family until we have all the facts. i mean it just sounds like the police are using this as a scape goat which will remove the media off there case for being incompetent with dealing with the case. But if she bled then there is no way you could cover it up unless you painted that very night and the police would have jumped on that if it had happened and asked why it had been done. the parents were down in the bar yes.

organized but again why organize for one child and not the other two

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

MonsieurSponge

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:22 am
i'm not pointing fingers, i'm just saying it does sound suspicious.

maybe they had a grudge against Madeleine? maybe she told a friend's mom a dreaded family secret or she had an annoying habit or knew too much?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:08 am

I didn't mean you egga, you posted before me and i did not see your post until now. smile i could never imagine harming my child and she has her moments where i am reduced to tears but never would i cause her harm because i could not cope. no mother in there right mind would, hell me and my brother caused my mum a lot of problems and never did she ever do anything hurtful to either of us. It would be easy your right to hide a body but why do it because if you can kill one kid, you can easily kill the others. i still cannot understand why they left them alone... you cannot do as you said egga the things you use to do when you were not with kids. hell i have left kaitlyn with mikes mother only once and even then i rang 4 times during the movie to see if everything was ok, i didnt feel comfortable not being there wondering if my child was ok and even mike ended up ringing twice as he was getting worried. all we did was go out for 6 hours and each hour on the dot we rung home. I havent been out since with mike because were happier inside but i wouldnt even leave kaitlyn on her own whilst i ran down to the shop below us. i wouldnt never dream of it a lot of things could happen with a toddler like madeline, it is possible that she hurt herself... by her parents leaving her in the home it is possible that madeline ended up cutting herself or something along those lines and then when the parents came home and found her dead and blood up the wall or where ever they freaked thinking if they reported it the twins would be took off them. who knows maybe madeline was running with a knife.

it is very in the dark and it does sound like the police have took clippings and made a scrap book of possible outcomes and suspects without actually investigating or looking into the matter. if there was blood in the apartment and the smell of a corpse why wasnt the house cut off? the parents moved to another property while they do a complete search? if a body was there and they did smell it or find blood it would have been completely cut off from everyone who was not in the police or forensic team.

Angelic_Highlights
Vice Captain

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 2:03 pm
Angelic_Highlights

You cannot blame the family until we have all the facts. i mean it just sounds like the police are using this as a scape goat which will remove the media off there case for being incompetent with dealing with the case. But if she bled then there is no way you could cover it up unless you painted that very night and the police would have jumped on that if it had happened and asked why it had been done. the parents were down in the bar yes.

organized but again why organize for one child and not the other two

i dont know. Maybe she had the greater life insurance? Money is a strong motivator, but this is again just speculation  
General Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games