Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Favorite Festivals

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:16 pm
I'm talking about open public festivals, such as Starwood and Summerstar and the like.

Do you have favorites?
What do you like about them?
What do you dislike?

If you don't go and it isn't because you don't have the cash or aren't old enough to attend (either because you are actually under age, or you are a minor), why don't you go?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:26 pm
TeaDidikai
I'm talking about open public festivals, such as Starwood and Summerstar and the like.

Do you have favorites?
What do you like about them?
What do you dislike?

If you don't go and it isn't because you don't have the cash or aren't old enough to attend (either because you are actually under age, or you are a minor), why don't you go?

I used to like Starwood, til it became a haven of misinformation and "classes" taught by people who should never have an open invitation to spread thier bullshit. Reminds me of some spiritualist camps who invite people to teach who claim to know everything about the subject they are "teaching" or who know nothing of the basics, yet claim they do.

I have not been to Starwood since 2000-2001 or something like that, though my brother still gets thier brochures.

Money talks and bullshit sells or something like that.  

jaden kendam

Hell Yeah Seaking

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:35 pm
I've never really been to a religious based festival, however i have been to Earthdance, which is a neo-hippy (young people that do drugs and act like hippys, but don't understand what hippys stand for. There are some shops there that sell incense, homemade soaps, different semi precious stones, and other items that could be used in magic. I have Tickets for Sunday this year if anyone else is going.

I live like 3 miles away from it  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:11 pm
I attend PSG (Pagan Spirit Gathering) every year and I've been to Festival of Souls (FOS) in Memphis at least five times. (I've helped plan the opening ritual for this years FOS).

What I like most is that I get the chance to spend time in a comfortable environment with my chosen family. We have spread so far across the United States that we only get to talk with one another online and that has even been rare lately. FOS is our primary time to get together, attend workshops, teach workshops, goof off and just have fun. PSG is our second chance but this gets a bit messy because of space and cost. Plus some of us work the event, or help so much we pretty much work, that we don’t get to spend as much time with one another.
In the past I’ve been to and helped run a few events in Ohio. Those didn’t live up to what I had expected.

A smaller event that was enjoyable would have been Summerland with the ADF. New path, weird people, good time plus I was adopted by a grove that weekend.

What I like most about these events is the chance to learn new information. Some of it is bunk and laughable but if I walked away with something from it, it was worth my time.

My dislikes are cost and distance. Having just moved to Florida everything I did before like PSG, FOS, and the few times I went to Pagan Picnic in St. Louis I was much closer. Now all it takes is a bit more planning.  

Noirkaze

[lady joker]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:11 pm
Well, there was this one festivle i was going to go to 5 years ago. It was ran by a Pagan community. I didn't go because my friends mother was going to take us, she didn't want to go. I thought it'd be fun, but the only down side was that some activities required full nudity, ie: hot tub.

This is basically based on what i was told.

What i would have liked about it, is that i could have done the whole 'adam and eve' thing with my friends (females) and have a great time and expirence new things.

What i wouldn't like, is the fact that my friend included that there would probably alot of elderly men there doing the same.

I probably went beyond limits on this subject...wow....i have tried to keep it as clean as i can.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:35 pm
i've only ever been to TAWN's (Tucson Area Wiccan [and Pagan] Network) Fall Fest (which is a bunch of pagan booths usually selling stuff and a ritual at the end) and my grove's Desert Magic, twice.

however, in October, i will be going to Raven's Cry Grove's festival, Three Realms in Paso Robles.

so far, i've liked this last year's Desert Magic the most, as we rented the Girl Scout's camp on Mt. Lemmon. while i was sick, the workshops were awesome.

what i most like is seeing a number of the big timers in ADF and going to many of the crafty workshops. then there's the opportunity to talk to a number of the authors and get with buddies from the other side of the country.

hopefully next year i can attend PantheaCon with a number of the other grovies, as well as Phoenix Rising's Grove festival, Medieval Madness, which is called because it's about the time frame the Renaissance Festival comes to Arizona and they all attend on Sunday.

i guess what i most dislike is there usually are a number of those that you start to expect from the Pagan scene; either everything in their life is going wrong and they are a martyr for it, or everything is going right and they are a chosen one for everything. either way, some of the thoughts of grandeur just get too much and annoying.  

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:30 pm
I'd really, REALLY like to go to Pantheacon some year. You know, when I get a job that keeps me above the poverty line.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:32 am
There are a few Pagan events in my local community, and I try to attend them as work allows.

However, for the most part, I don't like going to events where I don't know some people there already.  

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:39 am
Kuroiban

However, for the most part, I don't like going to events where I don't know some people there already.
I can understand that.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:19 pm
Oh teh thread is about festival gatherings...

We don't' have anything like that over here, not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing tbh.  

ShadowSharrow

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:21 pm
Nuri
I'd really, REALLY like to go to Pantheacon some year. You know, when I get a job that keeps me above the poverty line.
if it really came down to it, you could always, "borrow" the money, work as a volunteer for a day or two, and then get the money back. with some of the bigger festivals, they usually have a system in place like that. PantheaCon just requires payment first, refund after hours worked.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:11 pm
phoenix shadowwolf
Nuri
if it really came down to it, you could always, "borrow" the money, work as a volunteer for a day or two, and then get the money back. with some of the bigger festivals, they usually have a system in place like that. PantheaCon just requires payment first, refund after hours worked.

The problem is more plane tickets.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas