Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
DDR, is it really that good? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Savvy Bee

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:55 am
DDR definitely worked wonders for me. I a video game nerd... so when I got into DDR I wasn't really thinking about the fitness until I really got good at it. smile It's an excellent workout, and Workout Mode (which is on all of the games) is a great resource.

If you play on Standard/Heavy for a solid 30 minutes, then the calories you burn is equal to about 30 minutes of jogging. smile I may be a chubby everywhere else, but I've got great legs.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:22 pm
I've broken a sweat playing DDR so many times. Stretch before playing it or wake up in the morning walking bow-legged. My sister is super fast at it and I'm ok. I play on basic and I haven't put it into my routine yet but I plan to when it rains outside and I can't ride my bike. xd  

Angel387

Agorphia

8,950 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Contributor 150
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:22 pm
Dang, after reading those stories about how good DDR is, I feel like I seriously need to get it. xD

I used to have it but I bought an Xbox 360 and the version I had doesn't work for the 360, only for the original. Dx

I had a crappy version anyway. xDD  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:21 pm
I love the ddr, of course I got the hottest dance party becuase my parents only believe in nintendo. but the workout mode is nice, I set it for my goal to be 150 calories in free mode. quite nice!  

sugurufan

M U L E

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:01 pm
Frau Svenja von Wolfsberg
HIM_fan
Frau Svenja von Wolfsberg
Yeah there is this article: Tanya Jessen's DDR story, off of this website get upand move. There a LOT of kids who've lost tons of weight using DDR.. the newer versions of the game even have a "workout" mode. :3
wow i read some of those when i clicked th elink on your post.
what amazing people smile

yeah i talked to my younger isster about it because she plays it ALOT
and she said there is a work out mode and she'd help me set up everything so it'll record my "stats"? i guess...going by what she says tho..
ive never even played tha game so i basically have no clue on how to set it up lol..so shes gonna help me i guess.. she says i have to weigh myself, and give my height too or something liek that..we bought the game like maybe a year ago?? it was a brand new game..straight out of the package.

Yeah in the work out mode you enter all of your stats (age, weight, height, etc) and it keeps track of all of it for you. :] It tells you how many calories you've burned and how far you've "jogged," and then when you save, it'll keep record of all of your progress.

Sounds interesting. Is there anywhere I can find it on the net or anything? I have a cheapo mat that we got from a DDR-like game that I haven't touched in so long...  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:01 pm
Angel-Fin-Shmex QUIT
Dang, after reading those stories about how good DDR is, I feel like I seriously need to get it. xD

I used to have it but I bought an Xbox 360 and the version I had doesn't work for the 360, only for the original. Dx

I had a crappy version anyway. xDD

Same with my version of DDR, well... my XBox version, at least. I had DDR Untramix 3, but... it's my favorite version. I'm really sad that it doesn't work. vV; At least I have two other ones for PS2.

Kasumi Kama

Pink Rain Today

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:47 pm
User Image

I've been playing for four years, and am Heavy level; unless you play every day for a substantial amount of time, you will see no results.

It's great cardio, but it also builds intense calf muscles and hamstring strength. I have the lower legs of a dude when I wear long shorts. ;~;

I recommend playing in an arcade, as the metal pads are more stable than suicide mats [the flimsy plastic things you get with the game], and they're better in the long run for exercising, kind of like residence.

Stretch before and after, a lot of my friends have been in surgery for torn ligaments and the like; I've pulled some muscles myself.

"If your stomach feels weak my work here is DONE."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:39 pm
HIM_fan
ive seen NUMEROUS posts about people useing DDR as workout..
i personally own one.. but ive never used it in my life. my younger
sister plays it when shes home.
(im afraid of looking like an idiot haha..i
not trying to sound stupid but i feel id look dumb)
but since they are in school it just sits there.and im alone and bored almost allday at my house.

but anyway. DDR is is as good as everyone says?
i think the DDR we have does a workout thing
and calorie counter. ive seen my sister use it.

i mean since i have it why not give it a try i guess right?

heart
what is ddr?  

pumalily

Soi Tsuba

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:56 pm
dance dance revolution  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games