Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
...Mellow Noise's TiDE: Thoughts in Different Expressions...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mellow Noise

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 9:52 pm
Hey! So I finally started my mentee thread :3. How's it going?

Art: My Art Dump
Favorite Style: Realism/Anime-based

Skillset: I like drawing people mostly and skyscapes. I haven't had much experience with landscape or still life and still have trouble drawing from eye. Also other media's like acrylic, watercolour, and oil... still working on it D: I lack versatility. Photoshop is my only friend Dx.
Needs improvement: On everything D:
Education: I've completed almost a year of local art classes. D: Hahaha. I'm in the Beginner Art class in my High School and ironically I feel like I'm already failing biggrin (I guess that's because I was supposed to get like 3 shades of violet for this one project but I got like 5. I don't think that's allowed D:. Well I didn't get everything the teacher said. My bad.). Getting in AP Art sounds VERY intimidating, but I'm still up for it :3. Still I've been drawing my whole life. Every since I saw that one guy on TV do the step by step landscape painting process on channel 50 on cable, that just blew me away (I don't even remember how old I was).
---

9/2/07
I guess I'll just start by putting up this work in progress. It's a simple rough/ speedpaint. Nothing's particularly smooth here yet D:. It's supposed to represent finding's one's path in life. I liked the whole perspective, but I wasn't sure of the composition. I still have an unequal balance of unused space, so I put the shadow of the path right there to the bottom left D:. I'm not sure it's good to put a silhouette of a cityscape back there, but I don't know. I just imagined it like that, so I kind of want to keep it at that corner...

Thoughts, critiques, and feedback is most welcomed 3nodding

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Second image/draft:
http://kidandmoody.deviantart.com/art/Destination-Beautiful-64020380  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:16 pm
I love that you're playing with dynamic perspective to create mood. My only suggestion here is to block out your perspective so it continues to go in the same direction. A grid might help you. The guy's torso and legs don't look like they're using the same space to me.

This looks pretty damn good so far.  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

Sora Mayku

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:00 pm
lovely colo and perspective, also the expression of the face of your character is great, for me we feel he is alive. I don't see a lot of mistakes but maybe only the back leg is a little bit to tiny when it's come to the upper, it may be the pants who give that effect so your are the creator you see if it's wanted or not. Well keep drawing your style is beautifull heart  
Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games