I keep hearing, "goths only like metal-
goths only like heavy rock- goths only like blablabla..."
i hate that.
so yes, i love country music
(not pop country though- thats crap)
Do you like country, folk, rap or anything eldse people decide
is not associated with us?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:21 pm
The idea that goths only like metal is bullshit. While there are goths who like metal, the genre has never had a direct influence on goth. The heavy rock one is pretty stupid, as well. In general, there is no true "only like ____" premise.

Anyway, while I'm not too much into mainstream country, there is - believe-it-or-not - a genre that encompasses both goth and rockabilly (the crossing of rock and country) : gothabilly. If you like country, you might like gothabilly.
For a great example, try the group "Those Poor Bastards" 3nodding http://www.myspace.com/thosepoorbastards  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:34 am
Actually I'm quite fond of Blue Grass myself.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:21 pm
Country is not that bad. I participated in country line dancing some years ago. It is quite fun.

I also like some goa trance or psychedelic trance and I like James Blunt burning_eyes .

There are no goths who don't like stuff beyond their subculture. Most just don't want to admit it.  

Disease of the Flesh

CHicKeNy Corpse

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:26 pm
-Resurrected Writer-
The idea that goths only like metal is bullshit. While there are goths who like metal, the genre has never had a direct influence on goth. The heavy rock one is pretty stupid, as well. In general, there is no true "only like ____" premise.

Anyway, while I'm not too much into mainstream country, there is - believe-it-or-not - a genre that encompasses both goth and rockabilly (the crossing of rock and country) : gothabilly. If you like country, you might like gothabilly.
For a great example, try the group "Those Poor Bastards" 3nodding http://www.myspace.com/thosepoorbastards

*le gasp*
I LOVE GOTHABILLY!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:18 pm
CHicKeNy Corpse
-Resurrected Writer-

*le gasp*
I LOVE GOTHABILLY!

whee
I still need to find more groups, though - the only gothabilly groups I've found are Those Poor Bastards and Gravemist sweatdrop - have any recommendations?  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

-Sylvia Blank Page-

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:00 pm
I love country, but mostly, if not only, the 90's stuff. Garth Brooks, George Strait, Tim McGraw, Martina McBride...all those people. That's because it's what I grew up on. whee

People are stupid. They like to think that goths only listen to metal, and emo kids only listen to "shitty pop-rock music," and that preps and jocks only listen to Rap, Hip-hop and R&B.

Some of the "preppiest" kids I know of walk around with Blood Brothers T-shirts on. A lot of people would consider that weird. I thought it was awesome.

Sorry for stereotype/label central.
It had to be done, otherwise it probably wouldn't have made sense. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:24 pm
Some country but I mostly listen to metal, heavy rock, but then I also listen to a lot of hip-hop and rap. I pretty much listen to every genre.  

XxMurder in WonderlandxX

Ether-Eating Eskimo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:38 pm
I listen to Johnny Cash. :S I haven't really heard much else from it I've liked. My mom listens to it all the time. Somehow, bands like Keith Urban and Rascal Flatts sound more like Simple Plan and whatnot to me than anything. And that crap gives me headaches.

I can stand some of Garth Brooks' stuff. I dunno...

Then there's the fact that I'm a big liberal, and most country lyrics are... not. :F  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:24 pm
I think many people listen to music outside their "fav genre".

I also make a difference between bands I have on CD`s and bands I don`t mind hearing when they are played somewhere. The latter category can be very mixxed, but what I definitively don`t like is house, hip hop, funk, jazz ,new metal and techno (EBM although it has some techno beats however I exclude since some songs of EBM and industrial, eg Front Line Assembly, are good.)

When I was younger I was a punk and I still like the old punk songs, however I would not buy them again if the tape breaks. I also like some metal songs, but they must have deep going lyrics like the Dream Theatre CD "Images and Words" and /or be dark eg Crematory,some Nightwish songs, Inkubus Sukkubus, In Extremo ( the older ones, not the new album which I don´t like).

At the moment what I really hear a lot is the Babylon 5 soundtrack. The music done by Christopher Franke imo is amazing. And piece number 11 of the Van Helsing OT Soundtrack is recommendable.

As for Country, it is not the music I would buy, but if it`s played somewhere I would not mind and depending on the company I`m with actually enjoy it for the time being.  

osirisgoauldgoddess

CHicKeNy Corpse

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:47 pm
_PsychoPathic-Tend3ncies_
I listen to Johnny Cash. :S I haven't really heard much else from it I've liked. My mom listens to it all the time. Somehow, bands like Keith Urban and Rascal Flatts sound more like Simple Plan and whatnot to me than anything. And that crap gives me headaches.

Then there's the fact that I'm a big liberal, and most country lyrics are... not. :F

I think your looking at more Pop-Country.
personaly i believe things like Rascal Flats are not country.
to me country is Johnny Cash, Hank Senior, Hank III, Loretta Lynn ect...
Most earlier country is better.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 1:22 pm
CHicKeNy Corpse
_PsychoPathic-Tend3ncies_

I think your looking at more Pop-Country.
personaly i believe things like Rascal Flats are not country.
to me country is Johnny Cash, Hank Senior, Hank III, Loretta Lynn ect...
Most earlier country is better.

Thanks, I'll try those. biggrin

Like I said, I love Cash. Erm... Johnny, that is.  

Ether-Eating Eskimo

Lunar-Escape

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:41 pm

I usually only listen to 90s country.
I grew up with that, and I just love it.
I love almost every genre of music.

The stuff today is just...ick, in my opinion.
Too pop. [not that there's anything wrong with pop
it's just annoying.]
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:37 am
I love country! I like basicly every genre and saying that goths only like metal is bull s**t because there has to be some other music they listen to if they want to admit it or not  

haine13

Awesome Akwardness

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 4:58 pm
I grew up listening to country,gospel,classical,etc etc,it's the stuff my mother's played for me all my life,so ofcourse there's alot of it I like. smile  
Music - Related Topics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games