Nicknames Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AgentNeeb

Sexy Seeker

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:08 pm
I always name my pokemon. usually i have names that refer to their Pokedex data or their types. or even their appearances. for example : Milotic's data says in lives in the bottom of lakes and calms restless spirits, so i named it Soothesoul. i know im a nerd but all my pokemon have fun little names (except ones i dont like). more examples since im bored and want something to do.
Aggron (shiny) - Ironi (i named it this because i had said 'it would be a miracle if i found a shiny pokemon' just 5 minutes before i found it)
Blastoise - Tortazul (like TORToise and the Spanish word for blue, Azul)
Ponyta - Flamane (like Flame and Mane)
Darkrai - Nightscare (play on words, similar to nightmare)
Typhlosion - Celsifur (Like celsius, fur, and it almost sound slike Lucifer)
Blaziken - Chikick (like CHIcken and KICK)
Metagross - Psine-Iron (like nine-iron)
Ninetales - Beautifire (like beauty and fire)
Tauros - Bisonny (like Bison and Sonny)

sorry if i rambled on a bit but thats just who i am  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 3:31 pm
i like random names  

Miz_Southpaw

Dark Tanin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 4:51 pm
I love the random nicknames. Some of my Pokemon I use have some random and wierd nicknames, lol.

Here are some examples:

Infernape: Ares (God of War)

Gible: Requin (french for shark)

Lucario: Feardorcha (I believe it's Irish for "The feared one")

Staraptor: Avian (just a random name, lol)  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:50 pm
LiteracyScaresMe
A lot of my pokemon are nicknamed. I like to name them after mythical/celestial names.
My Infernape is named Momotaro, my Gyarados is Hydra, my Staraptor is Andromeda, Sableye is Vega, Froslass is Europa, Mismagius is Dysnomia (I have another named Banshee.), Lucario is Anubis (and another named Gabriel), Starmie is Apollo, Golem is Orion, Castform is Morpheus, Palkia is Zumiel, Weavile is Nymphadora, and Vespiquen is Ceres.

There are more, but the list is huge. ._. And some are named silly things. I have a Porygon named Tron, and three Meowth named Ramen, Oden, and Sushi.

Hey....cool most of them are greek gods and some are greek monsters and others they are Egyptian and probably from other Mythologies. I named my pokemon from anything that sounds cool in my head to combinning two words to make another one or from another languages.
Here are some examples:

Hitmontop - Axel.
Mismagius - Persephone.
Slowking - Kokkoro.
Raichu - Desumo.
Togekiss - Tsubasa.
Roserade - Demeter.  

G e e ksteria

2,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Jong Kook

Pokejinka Horangi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:02 pm
I usually only name my main team, but if I do give them a nickname it tends to be some name in Japanese that translates into English on something about how they look or the moves they use. xD  
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 11:06 pm
I really don't nick name them. I prefer to call them by their real name.  

Doomed Emo Princess

kitsunegami

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 2:09 am
My wife and I used part of our economic stimulus to finally buy a DS and Diamond and Pearl.

As per usual, as I catch and breed Pokemon I name them in order after the Greek alphabet (AlphaM, BetaF, GammaF, etc) so I can track them for stat-checking purposes.

My HM-Whore err... Bibarel is named MrWoodchuk after Mr. Woodchuck from "Full House". Other than that I haven't decided what my final PvE or PvP parties will be so I haven't come up with names for them yet.  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 5:12 pm
Most of the time I just use their normal names, but sometimes I give them names. Some of them are inside jokes, others cute, and a few are tough names, but all of them are kind of crappy.
Ex:
Cherrim: Haru
Pichu: Thunderstruck (yes, named after the song)
Snorlax: Mr. Houston (those of you who went to AVMS should get this)
Skitty: Kit-kat
etc. See how stupid they are?  

oegiap

Rainbow Hunter

10,850 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Megathread 100

kitsunegami

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:27 am
Addendum: Once I figure out what a Pokémon's IVs are I change its name to something like **00230125 (30 HP & Atk, 0 Def, 23 Spec. Atk, 1 Spec. Def, and 25 Speed) so I know which ones to breed together without having to constantly look up their IVs in my spreadsheet.

My party Pokémon (which will eventually result from all that breeding) will have more interesting names.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:54 am
Wooow everyone has such interesting styles of names... eek razz

Me, it depended... In Sapphire, ALL my Pokemon had Japanese names I took from anime or that I just knew (most of them at first were from Inu-Yasha xp NO ONE START WITH ME, IF YOU DON'T LIKE THE SHOW DON'T COME RANTING AT ME ABOUT IT ALRIGHT!??!?!?!?!?!), with the exception of a couple, whose names just SOUND Japanese, but they are probably just moosh xd I ran out of names I knew shut up!!! rofl
When Emerald came out I started naming them Japanese names again, but once again insiration was dry by that point, and it was just more fun to name them in other styles 4laugh
For example: Sapphire--
Ronin- Blaziken
Kaede- Linoone
Koto- Zigzagoon
Kimiko- Gardevoir
Keiko- Delcatty
Kazuma- Aggron (etc)

But for Emerald--
Keiyu- Combusken
Nivo- Linoone
Tyrn- Nuzleaf
Gosuke- Graveler (need to trade him eventually to get a Golem!!!)
Hano- Whismur (etc.... keep in mind I haven't finished Emerald yet, so my Pokemon are hardly fully evolved @.@)

Other than that, I name them as if they really were real Pokemon and I name them according to the personality I imagine for them. Other times I name them, look at their personality type (such a neat little feature!!!), and might rename them if their current name really doesn't fit their personality 4laugh I only do that if I don't really think of the Pokemon as part of my "core" team, the ones I would use a lot if they were real... then again if Pokemon were real, I'd never catch more than maybe 10!! xd There'd be too many to train and take care of!!!!!!!  

-Angry Manaphy-

BrittHintiru

Demonic Phantom

10,650 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:04 pm
i name mine after people thay remind me of.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:05 pm
I normally don't nick name them unless I get really bored.  

Mew_Emari-chan19

No Safe Tea

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:17 pm
abra/kadabra/alakazam=magicgobam

pichu=akbar

ryhorn/rhydon=GROUNDOR!!

there are others, but i usually jsut name the main ones that i use their japanse names.

OH! i forgot

i always name seviper oboe. no idea why.  
Pokemon Unleashed

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff