Welcome to Gaia! ::

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Back to Guilds

Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
I need help writing an essay to get into post secondary.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azn Fcuk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:01 pm
Well with so many Asians around, why not use my resources?

Anyways, I'm just starting gr 12 but already trying to apply into a post secondary school called Art Institute (A.I.) where I plan to go into Game Art & Design, and one of the requirments along with an admisson form is to write an essay about my interests, carrer goals and why I chose A.I.
All pretty straight foward, but I need help on the structure of the essay. How I'm supposed to write it (formal, informal) how to sound like I got a clue what I'm doing and with problems like a thesis statement or conclusion.

Mods I am calling upon your almighty powers and asking help!
And by mods, I'm reffering to Tahimek, since he's a graphics designer.
But I'd still like any help I can get. sweatdrop

Also, there's a deadline to hand in my essay and admission slips, but apparently I'm supposed to acknowledge graduating gr 12 when I just started, can anyone tell me what the HELL I'm supposed to do now?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:15 pm
Damn trevor... I can try helping you out sometime. When they ask for this type of essay, for the intro you can open by saying why you would like to join the school. Just a brief paragraph would be enough. The first body paragraph I would write on why that school interests you. 2nd Paragraph should include your skills and goals. 3rd I guess you should put your completed education so far. Conclusion is pretty straight forward lol

I wait to get other info from other people here before you start this man. cuz I dont do well on essays, let alone english... I just hope my ideas are good ^_^

Well good luck on it man.  

BlackHammer888

Azn Fcuk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:30 pm
Zhong Zhi Cheng
Damn trevor... I can try helping you out sometime. When they ask for this type of essay, for the intro you can open by saying why you would like to join the school. Just a brief paragraph would be enough. The first body paragraph I would write on why that school interests you. 2nd Paragraph should include your skills and goals. 3rd I guess you should put your completed education so far. Conclusion is pretty straight forward lol

I wait to get other info from other people here before you start this man. cuz I dont do well on essays, let alone english... I just hope my ideas are good ^_^

Well good luck on it man.

1. I'm pretty sure it's about my personal intrests in games, not so much the school yet
2. The woman never mentioned anything about skills in the essay, and I have none involving 3D designing and I think she meant what my future job plans to be and;
3. Third paragraph should be about why I'm choosing A.I. over all the other schools in North America

I probably should have stated that in the first post, I think I'm meant to write my intrests, career goals and why A.I. in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd paragraph of the essay.  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games