Submit

Have problems?
  Yes
  Mabe
  Poll Whore!
View Results

xFaintxStarx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:51 pm
Hi! I just thought I'd put an advice thread here since I'm good with advice. So all you need to do is post your problems here OR you can help with the problems of others! Either way everyone gets helped! Don't be shy step right on up and tell me your problem! If you think its too private to post in the fourm you can just PM me =) I'm only here to help not to criticize. Which brings us to the rules!

~Rules~

1: Don't be mean to others
2: Don't judge people! That gets me so mad!
3: No noobs! I don't need them here!
4: Don't cuss a lot please
5: NO MEAN PEOPLE!!

~Black List~

No one yet, lets keep it like that!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:36 am
Hi there...

I could use some help with exercise and eating right motivation. Do you have any suggestions? I even recently bought exercise equipment (not too $$) so that I can do it here at my house instead of paying for an expensive gym membership. But I still keep blowing it off.

As for eating right, I'm a single girl, so it's hard to get the motivation to cook just for me. I like to do it sometimes, but not often enough.

I really need to make these things a priority though, because diabetes runs in my family and I'm already hypothyroid (which means I have a higher risk of developing another autoimmune disease, like diabetes). And my mom hardly gets around any more. I love my mom but don't want to end up like that.

Any suggestions? ~m

Meroko Senpai

Dariram
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:30 pm
Those are my two weak points as well, granted I'm thin but I'm no where near healthy. Having a goal of being healthy gives me some motivation but but enough to stick to any thing long term.

So instead what I've found works is small little work outs (under ten minutes) and keeping healthy snacks around at all times that way I can still snack (something I prefer to more than eat a whole meal) but get the energy and nutrients I need at the same time xD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:08 am
Ooh. I have lots of problems. It'd be awesome if I could talk to people about em.. But.. I can't. :C I'm so uncomfortable with that. Ha ha. I live my life so guarded.

But sometimes.. in moments of weakness.. I let down all guards. Ew. Weakness. >.<;;  

SaintHiroku

Dariram
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 6:23 am
I'm the opposite, I talk very openly xD  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:08 pm
Ha ha. That must be nice. :0  

SaintHiroku

Dariram
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:23 am
Yes~ it catches a lot of people off guard though biggrin

Well, if you do get to the point of being comfortable talking I've always got an open ear, mkay?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:48 am
Thanks. :]  

SaintHiroku

Dariram
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:27 pm
You're most welcome~  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:31 am
I think a forum like this is a perfect place to look for advice. You can be open and honest and still have a decent amount of anonymity. wink

Not to mention, hearing about other people's problems remind you that you are not alone and gives you a chance to forget about your own issues and help others.

~m

Meroko Senpai

Dariram
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:31 pm
I agree, it was a wonderful idea for a thread. Kudos to the creator.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:55 pm
As far as eating healthy, I know it's time consuming to cook, but processed things are really bad. Not just because they're fattening, but also because preservatives are really hard on the body. You don't necessarily have to make anything complicated, just eat things that are fresh, especially fruits and vegetables. My biggest preblem is, I sacrafice health to save time.

Also, It's really hard for me to find motivation to do stationary exercise. Machines and gyms just aren't for me. Try taking up an activity that you enjoy and is good exercise. Also, exercise is more fun if you have others to do it with.

These are things that help me, so maybe they'll help others too.  

p934

Dariram
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:58 pm
I think another important thing is paying attention to when you are full.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:25 pm
I have some problems (mostly guy problems) but its just that I always leave them alone to die and I'll never learn the truth. Thats what is so wrong with me... I'm scared for the truth to hurt me but I also want to know. My life is very confusing...  

Pikachipi

5,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Non-Anime Related

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items