Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply General Harry Potter Discussions
WHO do YOU piktar?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Imagination! :'D
  I totally use it! ;D
  They cast good looking kids in those roles fer a reason! D<
View Results

Soren Lowrensen

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:59 pm
[To da Mods:I dunno if this goes here really, so move or delete it as you see fit! ;D]

Soooooo.... I was just wondering who or what you pictured when you read fanfictions?

I mean, I'm a very visual person, so everytime I read anything I picture it in my mind, and it doesn't really change.
So, when you picture the Harry Potter characters do you picture them the same everytime, or do they change depending on the fic? Do you picture them the same whether you're reading the books or a fic, or do they change? Do you picture the actors from the movies, or do you think of them in a way that you that you would prefer?
I was just wondering..... >3>;;

I personally think of them looking the same in the books and in fic, and unless the fic makes it really obvious that one is a lot bigger than the other, or makes certain features really prominant in the writing, they stay the same. ^^ And I never think of the actors when reading a fic.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 6:53 pm
I always see what's happing in the fic in my head like a movie or something. And i always see them the same way no matter what i'm reading. It's hard to watch the movies sometimes when i already have imagined the characters myself...

Fact: People who use their imagination while read usually are better readers than others.

Just thought people would like to know...
ninja  

Super Cy

Pearls of Dimond

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:38 pm
It depends. I'm perfectly happy with who they picked for Draco in the movie. I see Tom Felton, but never with his hair the way it is now. No matter what age, it's always slicked back.
Harry I see differently. Never as Daniel Radcliff. Mostly because Harry has GREEN eyes and BLACK hair, not blue eyes and brown hair.
It differs per character. I don't see Snape, Lupin, or Dumbledore. I see the OLD Dumbledore, who died and I see Sirius...
It's confusing. If I'm not happy with the movie image, I replace it with something that looks right to the descriptions in the book.  
General Harry Potter Discussions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games