l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 4:34 pm
Corpse_Bride_131
I have the exact same problem with dying my hair. No matter what color I'm doing it NEVER stays in. EVER. It's so annoying. I even went to a salon this last time so it would look halfway decent. I told them that my hair is kind of stupid and doesn't take color very well, but they said that since my hair was bleached they would just start everything over and use a virgin application of permanent black hair dye. So I figured that that was a kind of smart thing to do so I paid them way more money than anyone should ever pay anyone else for anything in their in entire lives, and what happened? The ******** dye came out. So now instead of having the pretty black hair I wanted, I now have dark brown hair with random spots of really light brown hair. It looks ridicules and I am SO pissed off you cannot even begin to imagine. So now I'm going to be really cool again and go back to Wal-mart to get some $2.00 hair dye thats going to fry my hair until it all falls out. ^_^

lol, had the exact same experience except it was with red. never again, I tell you, never again.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:01 am
Suffer from insanity?

Yah, my natural hair color is blonde, but about a year ago I decided I didn't like it and coloring my hair would be the best option. I got it professionally colored to about 5 shades darker... well it was like really dark brown and I loved it. Then a year later [about a few month months ago] I finally decided that way too much of my natural hair had grown back in so I colored it again, except this time to black. Then it faded like real quick so I put some red dye in it, which made it look pretty coll for about 2 weeks.
Now my lovely boyfriend has convinced me to let my blonde grow out because he said he likes me as a blonde [he saw my old pictures] and I have to admit it would be easier then trying to get my hair to keep the other colors.

I enjoy every minute of it

LazyDruid

6,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Trader 100
  • Citizen 200

Asian Dolly

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:32 pm
Yeah, I am a blonde goth and people find it strange but I hope maggots eat there face.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:44 pm
Asian Dolly
Yeah, I am a blonde goth and people find it strange but I hope maggots eat there face.

now now now...maggots make great hair clips rofl

lol, just kidding. But I did read an obnoxious post once on some "goth" forum, about blondes not being "allowed" to wear black lipstick...I have choice words for the idiot that posted that, and most of them involve coital activity and horses.  

l.a.v.

Versatile Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Inquisitor 200

Snows Wyntre

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:51 am
Could always put it up, with ribbons, but not like a ponytail, like... I don't know how to describe it, just mix it up, do not just tie it up, but make it look... Elegant, and rich.

That might work....?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:18 pm
I LOVE my hair. It is golden blonde and completely undyed, and falls down past my waist. Since its been growing for so long, it has lots of natural highlights, so its streaked with red, bronze and light blonde. The tips are so light that they look almost bleached. I never want to cut it. Ever.

For the record, I've been growing it for four and a half years, and its the longest in my school.  

Byrn_in_hel

soviet soiree

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:03 pm
What I usually do with the hair is put it up in a bun, with my bangs down and in my face. I keep the end strands from the bun sticking up from the back of my head.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:40 pm
At least you don't have red hair stare  

XxMurder in WonderlandxX

Satan on Speed

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:58 am
I wish I was a natural blonde. Then I could dye my hair cotton candy shades whenever I please without frying my hair with bleach.

I think I might do mine plain blonde next instead of the current pink...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 10:28 am
I think you should be proud of your natural hair colour! If it doesn't take artificial colours easily, maybe the best thing to do is leave it as it is. Blonde hair doesn't make you any less goth... in fact I've known some very lovely goths who looked the part with golden hair and dark, smoky eyeliner.

I'm not blonde myself, but a few ignorant people have told me that I can't be goth because I don't dye my (naturally red-brown) hair. I say bollocks to that!  

Veruniel
Crew

Keevan Draco

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:12 pm
chibi - warrior
At least you don't have red hair stare

nothing wrong with red hair.
my wife and daughter both have red hair....and I think my wife's hair looks really attractive when she wears her italian ren dress for me when we go out. Her dark lipsticks really set off her eyes and hair. I'll say it once and say it again.....black hair is not a requirement for being goth.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 1:47 am
hahaha, I find black to be a bit too generic and adopted by emos T__T

So I actually bleached my hair and burnt my scalp 10 times to get white hair and to put pink through it ^__^
Cause I was sick of my red hair and I did dye it black which made it harder to get to white

hair color has no significance to gothic-ness, only emo-ness xD

~~xXEl3KtRaXx~~

5,700 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

NekoYasha09er

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:57 pm
l.a.v.
Suicide Lollies
I'd love to have blonde hair personally. razz

But you could try lots of things with your hair. Bangs, hair extensions, back combing etc...

really? I'm honored mrgreen
hmm...back combing...I've never done that one before, could be interesting.

If you do decide to back comb be careful with it. It can lead to a lot of tangles that are hard to untangle and will lead to cutting and sometimes to the point of a patch of hair missing though it all depends of the feel of your hair. (ie thick, soft, coarse etc) Back combing puts a lot of stress on the hair.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 2:33 pm
I have st00pahd hair. In summer it's golden blonde, in winter it's light brown (though I suspect it's getting darker each passing year <.<) But I think both blonde and dark can pull of goth fine. I'm stuck in the middle. XP

I dyed it lot, but never permanently. I have waist-length hair with a spiral perm. It looks fine, everyone likes it. But every now and then I want to dye it. razz Thing is, to get the vivid colours that I want I'd have to bleach it, and thus it would entail years and years of dying my hair back to it's original colour until all the bleach had grown out. Not worth it. (The option of cutting it off shall not be mentioned).

But oh well. *shrug* Can't win everything.

You could buy a load of the fake-dreads and have them plaited in. biggrin I love doing that. (again, because I'd be slaughtered by angry mobs for the damage caused to my hair. Which is apparently public property). <3

Slayer Igraine

Life Issues & Fashion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces