Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Crabanniel's Sketchbook

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Crabanniel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:36 am
Hmm, it's been awhile since I signed up with this guild, but I haven't had time to post anything 'til now. Ahh, I suppose I should introduce myself...

Name's Crabanniel - here on gaia, that is, and No! the name's got nothing to do with crabs... stare It means "raven". I'm twenty years old, I live in Sweden and I'm completely addicted to manga. And art, of course. wink

Always wanted to become an artist, but it always felt to far away... But I think I'm getting closer. It'll have to wait for awhile though, since my huge interest in animals makes me want to study to be a veterinary technician.

Here's the third picture I'd like criticiced:

Ah, perspective, perspective... Well, I can't avoid it forever, so... (The pic won't show, so use this link for now...)

http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m209/Crabanniel/?action=view¤t=Perspective.jpg

I seldom draw pictures in this perspective, since I personally think I'm not good at it... And now I'm stuck!! Help!! crying

/Crabanniel  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:47 pm
Ooh! This is nice and executed cleanly. biggrin  

swtlildee21

Ms_Kaos

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:59 am
I love the hair nad highlights. The oly thing I would work on more if I were you, would be shading the folds. All you really need to do is look an a piece of fabric/clothing that has the same perspective(view point) of light, them mimick the shading.
And then do the same thing on shading the shoes. But only shade the bend of the shoe where the legs turn into the bed of the feet. other then that I think your work is lovely! Very good. And you can mix your art with vet tech. You can draw your patients or you can be on of those people who draw the pictures for animal/vet books. Like that students learn in college to be a vet. those books.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:18 pm
It looks great! The only thing that seems a little iffy in it are her thighs. It seems like her thighs are twice as long as her calves are, and I kinda feel like they'd be a little less awkward if you shortened them a bit.  

Sculpture

Mogtoats

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:39 am
Sculpture
It seems like her thighs are twice as long as her calves are, and I kinda feel like they'd be a little less awkward if you shortened them a bit.

Mind you, that's what happen in real life. Thighs are longer than the calves usually. For some evolutionary reason. O_o

Well, right profile line (the character's right) need to be more, bumpy, at the boobs. Because now she looks to have a really, really flat chest.

Her calves are curvy, maybe fix that? Of course, this trait is perfectly normal, no one has perfectly straight legs, but that is something I'd eliminate in a fictional character.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:19 am
The Martian
Sculpture
It seems like her thighs are twice as long as her calves are, and I kinda feel like they'd be a little less awkward if you shortened them a bit.

Mind you, that's what happen in real life. Thighs are longer than the calves usually. For some evolutionary reason. O_o

Well, right profile line (the character's right) need to be more, bumpy, at the boobs. Because now she looks to have a really, really flat chest.

Her calves are curvy, maybe fix that? Of course, this trait is perfectly normal, no one has perfectly straight legs, but that is something I'd eliminate in a fictional character.

lol Her chest's supposed to be that flat... She's a tomboy, and I think a flat chest fits that image better, don't you think?

I'll have a look at the calves...  

Crabanniel

KotokoPlum

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:29 am
The Martian
Sculpture

I think the issue here with the calves and thighs are that we can look at the picture and see two different things. We actually don' t know where the artist drew the girl's, er, crotch, but if you go by where the belt is cinching the shirt, the thighs are much too long. However, if you go by anatomy and see that it should be a little lower than where the belt is (assuming the artist did draw it there initially), the thighs are perfectly fine.

Crabbaniel, perhaps you should post less finished works later on, with body structure and all, so that we can be more accurate in our critiques. C:  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 7:57 am
Quote:
I think the issue here with the calves and thighs are that we can look at the picture and see two different things. We actually don' t know where the artist drew the girl's, er, crotch, but if you go by where the belt is cinching the shirt, the thighs are much too long. However, if you go by anatomy and see that it should be a little lower than where the belt is (assuming the artist did draw it there initially), the thighs are perfectly fine.

Crabbaniel, perhaps you should post less finished works later on, with body structure and all, so that we can be more accurate in our critiques. C:

Alright, less finished work, got it. lol Yeah, I drew the body before I drew the clothes, so her anatomy should be okay. I usually check four or five times lol  

Crabanniel

StrawberryWinterSprinkle

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:54 pm
I really like the drawing^^ It's so cool!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 11:08 am
New picture...  

Crabanniel

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas