Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Reccommend me some books? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:32 am
Sivirs
Shorti Rock
(any book that has love next to the word spell is a bad book in my opinion.)

Why?
Good question. Not sure I like the implication that my collection of whispers is bad- especially when said spell earned me one hell of a husband. eek  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:54 am
Please correct me if i'm wrong, but I think shorti was genralizing and referring to the sterotypical book one would expect to find love spells in. With names like 'Majickal love spels for teens'.
I'm guessing she didn't take into account other things, such as your collection of whispers for example 3nodding  

patch99329

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:20 am
patch99329
Please correct me if i'm wrong, but I think shorti was genralizing and referring to the sterotypical book one would expect to find love spells in. With names like 'Majickal love spels for teens'.
I'm guessing she didn't take into account other things, such as your collection of whispers for example 3nodding

Even were that the case- I disagree.

If we are working with the idea that magic is a spiritual tool to be used along side pragmatic tools in order to reach goals, the idea that a book of Love Spells is bad unto itself isn't reasonable.

Do people who practice magic have no need for love? Do we not seek it just as others do? When we say we would use a spell to help us find a job in addition to pounding the pavement and posting our resumes- why on earth would we not use a love spell in addition to meeting people and taking good care to make ourselves attractive?

Further- why would a collection of spells that would work better for some people and not for others be "bad"?  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:25 pm
TeaDidikai
Do people who practice magic have no need for love? Do we not seek it just as others do? When we say we would use a spell to help us find a job in addition to pounding the pavement and posting our resumes- why on earth would we not use a love spell in addition to meeting people and taking good care to make ourselves attractive?

Yeah, exactly. Dude, if I went on a date, I could be wearing mineral foundation that I buffed for like an hour, giving the appearance that this is my natural skin, perfume and deodorant to cover up my natural body odor, highlights in my (fabulously styled) hair to make it look better, a push-up bra, make-up, perfectly tweezed/threaded eyebrows, and a body shaper underneath it all to slim me down at least 10 pounds. I could then find all kinds of diplomatic ways to creatively embellish things about myself to make me look better. I could also wear heels to make me taller. Oh, and colored contacts and fake nails, while we're at it.

So, let's recap. I'm deceiving my prospective date about my height, weight, hair color, face, skin, chest, legs, butt, calves, torso, eyes, nails, smell, personality, and station in life.

This is all commonly accepted dating practice. How is a love spell worse?  

Sivirs

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:36 am
Sivirs

Yeah, exactly. Dude, if I went on a date, I could be wearing mineral foundation that I buffed for like an hour, giving the appearance that this is my natural skin, perfume and deodorant to cover up my natural body odor, highlights in my (fabulously styled) hair to make it look better, a push-up bra, make-up, perfectly tweezed/threaded eyebrows, and a body shaper underneath it all to slim me down at least 10 pounds. I could then find all kinds of diplomatic ways to creatively embellish things about myself to make me look better. I could also wear heels to make me taller. Oh, and colored contacts and fake nails, while we're at it.

So, let's recap. I'm deceiving my prospective date about my height, weight, hair color, face, skin, chest, legs, butt, calves, torso, eyes, nails, smell, personality, and station in life.

This is all commonly accepted dating practice. How is a love spell worse?
I wouldn't even go so far as to say it is a deception.

It is style- if your date can't understand that how you look when you are out on the town is different than when you are at home on a Sunday morning with a hangover- well, there's some deeply seeded delusions there.

Actually- Yasmine has a lovely spell in Embracing the Moon that is tied to creating an aura of beauty and appeal.

Heck- I am married to a wonderful man because of a whisper I employed. Quite proud of it two. It was one of the most amazing mystical experiences I have had.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:23 am
TeaDidikai
Heck- I am married to a wonderful man because of a whisper I employed. Quite proud of it two. It was one of the most amazing mystical experiences I have had.

Does he know? Anout the whisper I mean smile .  

patch99329

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:01 am
patch99329

Does he know? Anout the whisper I mean smile .
Yep.

Has for ages now.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas