Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply ~.The Atheist Guild.~
Wicca V.S. Athiest

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wicca or Athiest for me?
  I say Athiest, come into the liiiggghhhttt...
  I say Wicca, you weird monkey man, i'm ok wit it.
  I dun't care, tis your life...O_o
View Results

XxHarryDresdenxX

Unbeatable Genius

4,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:55 pm
Wicca: fun with sort of magic tendencies, celebrating the earth. Fun, too.
Athiesm: Kinda boring, but you can do whatever the hell you want.
Both: No goin to hellz for us, plus chance to live again in another life. ^^
Question: Should i stay torn between the two, or go Wicca, or go Athiest?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:15 pm
It's up to you, bud.
User Image

[.Julie Booly.]

Heterosexual Fa gg ot
Captain

XxHarryDresdenxX

Unbeatable Genius

4,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 1:25 pm
Ok just don't kill me... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:12 pm
i never got the whole wicca thing
: /
ima wiki it soon
i dont see how u could be atheist an wicca : /
uhhhh
idk :/
pick one
-closes eyes-
eenie meenie miinee moe biggrin  

Veinlash

Cannibal Joe

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:04 pm
I say Atheist, it's really not boring... We just don't celebrate fairy tales like others... Plus Wicca is pretty lameish.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:29 am
Cannibal Joe
I say Atheist, it's really not boring... We just don't celebrate fairy tales like others... Plus Wicca is pretty lameish.

lol u only pick atheist because u are one ^^
and ur right its not boring btw
but u shouldnt disrespect others religion
thats how most christians and such get pissed off at us in the first place  

Veinlash

[Hollow Point]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 2:15 pm
Just remember:
Pagans Worship Gods too. Do research before you make your choice, make sure you know what you are getting into. If you just go Wiccan for the "magicks" you will look like a fluff, and be hated by the serious part of the community.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:44 pm
I know someone who is "Wiccan" but shes a complete moron... I'll give you an example...

(Sherry, the "Wiccan": "My name is Sherry, and I'm Wiccan"
(Jordan, chick in class): "How long have you been practicing it?"
(sherry): "I dont practice it..."

Seriously bro, make your choice, but do some research... or would you rather look like that?

"Im wiccan, not satanic. I dont worship the devil..."
(me): "oh my ******** GOD you did not just say that!!"
Not all satanism is devil worship, I know that..."
"No, none of it, Satanism by definition is the teachings of Anton LaVey which were to worship an inward god. Devil worshiping is an inverted form of Christianity."

Hell, Even if you dont choose wiccan, then at least do the research anyway.. I mean,theres no pressure to really "become" anything... you cant just wake up and go "I wanna become ____" trust me, it doesnt work that way... Ive tried Satanism, I've tried Odinism, and i've finally come back to "******** it.."  

VoodooPantheon

Levis Pennae

Dapper Citizen

6,400 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:40 pm
Atheism and Wicca are the same thing. Atheism is by definition "one who does not worship God or Gods". Which means an atheist is not a theist. But theism is by no means the only type of religion. There are three types of religion: Animism (one who worships spirits or nature; Native American religions, Wicca), Theism (one who worships all powerful entities; Monotheism [Christianity], Polytheism [Greek/Roman religions]), and Ethicalism (one who seek human perfection through enlightenment; Buddhism ). When you say your an atheist you are excluding only one type of religion. Agnostic would be considered "other".  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 8:32 am
Any decision to do with religion has to be decided by the individual but it is good to have some insight and/or feedback before making a decision like this.
Well I used to be Wiccan. Its a nice religion. Has a good concept. I have nothing against it personally it just didnt work out for me.
I wouldnt say that Atheism is boring (although we are entitled to our own opinions) I like Atheism because you can focus more on just living this life and really enjoying it to the fullest then by being in a religion with all its standards and rules. I believe that if Life throws you some heavy blows that you see things more clearly and learn more from life's lessons if you figure it out yourself and dont always pray to a god to help you. To me having a god is like a crutch to lean on whenever anything goes wrong instead of standing up to it and facing it head on.
It is just whatever you feel within yourself would be the right path.

Definately do some research before you make the decision even do a list of pros and cons of Atheism and Wicca according to you and what you find, but even if it doesnt work out you can always choose another path. Its not set in stone. Its your life, you make the call.
Good luck in whatever you decide.  

shikonmaiden07

FlamingChihuahua
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:57 pm
Well, I don't think I can say you can't be Wiccan, but to become a religion I suggest you actually believe it doubtlessly rather than, 'trying it.'
As an atheist you can celebrate whatever the hell you want, it's as boring as you make it for yourself. A rulebook doesn't seem appetizing for me.
I really can't just say I want to be something and be it. it just doesn't work for me. Like what blood said, sure I'd like to be part of a religion where I actually would go to a place of my dreams, but of course I could never believe that because I see no way for it to be true to me.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:34 am
I consider myself of the Atheist/Agnostic variety, but I still read tarot cards for money...I guess that doesn't count.  

Gabrielle Proctor

Nicnak77

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 5:28 pm
mate it doesn't matter...I am a pagan but I am not an idiot. I will not buy into creationism and stuff that i can not follow. Live your own life and do what feels right.  
~.The Atheist Guild.~

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games