I always have a craving for curries as I absolutely love Indian food. But most Indian food requires a bajillion different steps and I wanted a delicious dish I could make in under an hour. And I found this recipe in the America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook! I like this best served with brown rice or long rice mrgreen

Sauce:
2/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
6 tablespoons low sodium vegetable broth
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
(I also like to add some Garam Masala, an Indian spice mix, to taste)

Stir-Fry
3 garlic cloves, minced
3 scallions, sliced thin
1 tablespoon grated ginger
1 tablespoon warm water
1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 (14 Ounce) package firm or extra firm lite tofu, patted dry and cut into 1 inch cubes
Salt and Pepper
1 large red onion, halved and sliced 1/2 inch thick
1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips
12 ounces snow peas, strings removed

1. For the sauce: Whisk together all of the sauce ingredients.

2. For the stir-fry: combine the garlic, scallions, ginger, water, curry powder, and 1 tablespoon of the oil and set aside.

3. Toss the tofu with salt and pepper to taste. Heat 1 more tablespoon oil in a 12 inch nonstick skillet over high heat until just smoking. Add the tofu and cook, stirring often, until lightly browned on several sides, about 4 minutes. Transfer the tofu into a bowl.

4. Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the skillet and heat over medium heat until simmering. Add the onion and bell pepper and cook until they begin to soften, about 2 minutes. Stir in the snow peas and cook for 1 minute longer.

5. Clear the center of the pan and add the garlic mixture. Cook, mashing the garlic mixture into the pan with the back of a spatula, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Stir the garlic mixture into the vegetables.

6. Return the tofu into the skillet. Whisk the sauce to recombine, then add it to the skillet. Toss until all the ingredients are well coated with the sauce and serve.