Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Slash Guild

Back to Guilds

HPSG is a guild for the discussion and pure love of all things Harry Potter and slash! Join us in support of your favorite pairing! 

Tags: Harry Potter, slash, Potter, femslash, Harry 

Reply Fanworks
Crossovers Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who likes cheese?!
  I do!
  You can't trust anyone who doesn't like cheese...
  Ewww!!! Cheese is groody!!
  Manditory Polll Whore Option
View Results

Liara-Shadowsong

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:49 pm
I've seen really good crossovers, and I've also seen crossovers so horrible that they made me want to scream.

I really, really don't like the ones where it's Harry Potter crossed with five different animes in their badly dubbed incarnations, two live action American dramas, and also has seventeen different original characters in important roles. Also while having horrible spelling and grammar and having all of the Harry Potter characters horribly out of character without any explanation. They do, in fact, exist. Those make me want to find the writer and smash their keyboards by dropping one of those giant dictionaries you find in libraries on them.

However... I've found some amazing, completely in character and believable in context crossovers. Some of my favorites cross over with the manga and anime series Yu-Gi-Oh. I've also seen some rather good Naruto and YuYu Hakusho ones, and an abandoned Danny Phantom one that started out quite nicely. Not to mention the occasional realistic Artemis Fowl fic. Oh! And a Fullmetal Alchemist one centering around the Flamels... taking place around the time of the World Wars, I believe.

It seems that you can find a Harry Potter crossover with almost anything that has fanfiction written about it. It's just that the quality varies from series to series and author to author.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:00 pm
I think there okay. Some are good some are bad. Sometimes you read a good cross-over then go out to search that type of cross-over then you find out that was one of the few good ones. I remember reading a badly written Angel-Harry Potter cross-over that didn't make sense at all. And I read a very good POTC-Harry Potter cross-over. I think it just really depends on how it's written, what the author thinks, and what the reader thinks.

Zelenyee Milaya

B4

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:38 am
-=A=-
I wonder how a Harry Potter / Star Trek crossover would work...

-=A=-

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:47 pm
B4
-=A=-
I wonder how a Harry Potter / Star Trek crossover would work...

-=A=-

User Image

1. Future gennerations of Wizzards
2. Time Turners
3. Enterprise goes back in time, again.
4. Interdimentional rift.

*Imagines James T. Kirk vs. Lucius Malfoy.*
*dies*  

FriendlyFangirl88

Jill_Pole

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:36 am
Harry and Daniel Jackson.

... wink  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:45 pm

I have to own up to being a crossover fanatic, with at least a handful of crossovers to my name that involve Harry Potter and other anime/manga.

I adore crossovers, when they're well written, and I've got some favourite authors that I stalk. Heh.

Shi-koi

6,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • First step to fame 200

Mrs_S_Snape

Playful Wench

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 1:20 pm
Yoriq the Gloomy Jester
Oh, and 101 Crossover ways to kill Voldie, but that isn't finished.

Can I get the link for this...PLEASE!?!

But anyways, I agree with everybody else, with it having to be well written and the characters in character...

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 6:13 pm
I generally steer clear of crossovers because they're usually badly written, OOC collisions of HP and some-random-anime (or show I don't watch) and author-insertion. I'm always on the lookout for Harry Potter crossoverrs with either Wheel of Time or Danny Phantom, though. Those three are my Big Three obsessions.  

Erin Sovenya

Erishkegal

2,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:07 pm
If anyone is interested in a good crossover, I've recced this one to other people before. Crossover with Good Omens, so it helps if you've read it (and I highly recommend it if you haven't already, it's an amazing book by itself!)

Once More With Feeling by: xylodemon

http://xylodemon.livejournal.com/379353.html

Word Count: ~22,000 (in three parts)

Rating: PG-13

Here's an excerpt to draw you in!

"I must say, I'm bothered by one thing."

"One thing?"

"Yes, one," said Aziraphale, missing Crowley's sarcasm entirely. "Why Harry Potter? Why not the other fellow?"

Crowley swerved, nearly clipping a lorry as he passed it. "Which fellow? Voldemort?"

"Yes, him," said Aziraphale, slipping the cassette into the Blaupunkt. A orchestral version of The Great Gig in the Sky filled the Bentley, although Crowley could have done without the impromptu vocals by Freddie Mercury. "He's more the type, wouldn't you think?"

Crowley shrugged and screeched down the exit lane. Down There approved of Voldemort and his Death Eaters in the same way and for the same reasons they approved of Satanists; because they couldn't not. Hell could hardly turn a blind eye to a group that held with murder, mayhem, and general mass destruction, even if they had embarrassing costumes and lacked anything approaching discretion. There was protocol to uphold, after all.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:08 pm
I've read a few Harry Potter/House M.D. crossovers (most of which were good).  

Lady Psychic

Sparkly Genius

9,400 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Team Edward 100
Fanworks

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers