Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
I got problems... cus theres no pvp

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Brighte

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:13 pm
Lots of time when theres hardly anyone around and theres an afk person, i usually try to kill that person by hitting a monster and letting it follow me to hit the afk person till they die... and i luv killing people with summoning bags, i use it in kerning sewer area, got 6 killed woot! Sum people say i got problems >.> I WANT PVP!!!!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:58 pm

Haha I can relate lolz. I've once used summoning bags on unexpected victims as well. Ya it's a evil thing to do but you have to find entertainment somewhere or rather when you get super bored xP

As for the PvP thing. I doubt Maple will ever get one due to its system of operations. I mean people who attack with projectiles already have the advantage over melee classes x3 Not to mention trying to hit a hasted theif with a warrior would be a pain in the butt x.x"

Unless they figure something out, we'll be stuck with our 2D grind fest xD

Taiakeita Vick

FrozenVine

Eloquent Lunatic

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Medalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 7:08 pm
the maple PvP system requires NX to buy a ticket, and it's like the FM, with multiple rooms where you set up your PvP challenge.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:15 pm
Sasuke49
the maple PvP system requires NX to buy a ticket, and it's like the FM, with multiple rooms where you set up your PvP challenge.

o_O
Whaaaa? Since when does Maple pvp exist?  

D i v i n i t y

Tipsy Prophet

7,075 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Tipsy 100
  • Millionaire 200

madanthony

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:20 pm
It's not literally killing another player. It's a series of competitions. It's like 1 on 1 Maple Olympics.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:31 pm
and its currently only in JMS? right? i think it might be thai or something >_< to bored to look it up...  

g4m3lover

FrozenVine

Eloquent Lunatic

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Brandisher 100
  • Medalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 1:15 am
madanthony
It's not literally killing another player. It's a series of competitions. It's like 1 on 1 Maple Olympics.

oh yeah, i forgot to mention that sweatdrop

And, i found the screen shots i saw a while ago:
]http://www.sleepywood.net/forum/showpost.php?p=5484031&postcount=1  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:59 am
Figures it costs nx... Though yea, with a 2d fighting game like maple, you cant really get a good 1 on 1 fight where you actually are killing eachother... As someone else said, ranged people pretty much win.  

Baconious

Brighte

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:17 am
wouldnt ranged people win in a 3d fight o_O  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:34 pm
hisako`

No, in 3D games the players can't run away or go too far, games like Silkroad and World of Warcraft, there is no missing because of skill, just chance. so 3D combat is based on the skills you use, when, and how you fight, and how strong your character is. ^^

Also I don't think maplestory wouldn`t work with PvP either, but other 2D games do work, such as Ragnarok... then again thats only like half 2D.  

Brother_Bear

Brighte

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:40 pm
Brother_Bear
hisako`

No, in 3D games the players can't run away or go too far, games like Silkroad and World of Warcraft, there is no missing because of skill, just chance. so 3D combat is based on the skills you use, when, and how you fight, and how strong your character is. ^^

Also I don't think maplestory wouldn`t work with PvP either, but other 2D games do work, such as Ragnarok... then again thats only like half 2D.

i still dont get it... we're not saying another 3d game like wow or guild wars, he said becasue maple is 2d blah blah blah. so if maple was 3d, it would be 3d but with all the same components. The same character speeds, skills, etc. So it would be basically the same, if u run in a straight line u can run away just as if u were in the 2d. So if u ranged in a 3d fight, with the same components, u could easily kill a warrior if u dont let him get too close. Also, keep in mind that the strength of the characters are not good for pvp, they are good for the monsters. As in a bandit at like level 50 can do 2k with his savage, 2k would easily kill a mage. When you pvp in other games, its more liek fighting a boss more than a weak monster which is ideal for pvp.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:51 pm
hisako`
Brother_Bear
hisako`

i still dont get it... we're not saying another 3d game like wow or guild wars, he said becasue maple is 2d blah blah blah. so if maple was 3d, it would be 3d but with all the same components. The same character speeds, skills, etc. So it would be basically the same, if u run in a straight line u can run away just as if u were in the 2d. So if u ranged in a 3d fight, with the same components, u could easily kill a warrior if u dont let him get too close. Also, keep in mind that the strength of the characters are not good for pvp, they are good for the monsters. As in a bandit at like level 50 can do 2k with his savage, 2k would easily kill a mage. When you pvp in other games, its more liek fighting a boss more than a weak monster which is ideal for pvp.

Ok, well maplestory itself as a game would not make a good PvP game, almost all 3D games are because they are made for PvP and to fight monsters. It`s probably also easier to make a PvP engine for a 3D game. I dont think maplestory could ever have PvP though, unless they changed the whole game. I agree with you. but in 3D games with PvP they make it so anged can`t always beat warrior or other close ranged people.  

Brother_Bear

Brighte

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:20 am
Brother_Bear
hisako`
Brother_Bear
hisako`

Ok, well maplestory itself as a game would not make a good PvP game, almost all 3D games are because they are made for PvP and to fight monsters. It`s probably also easier to make a PvP engine for a 3D game. I dont think maplestory could ever have PvP though, unless they changed the whole game. I agree with you. but in 3D games with PvP they make it so anged can`t always beat warrior or other close ranged people.

yah, and because 3d controls are crappy, i played guildwars and i was an archer. i was pvping and shooting a warrior, he started coming after me and i tried moving but my character was slowly sliding and still shooting instead of running. Then he started running and the warrior was like 2 feet behind him but still got to slice him.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 6:25 am
If anyone has played ghost online you should know they have pvp.Its a 2d game and same classes as ms but i dont see why ms cant put in pvp.^_^ it would please so many peoples XD  

Sin of light

beyond absolute

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:04 pm
Um...
For MS, obvious reasons we don't have PvP.
I have 1727 HP at level 57. At level 48 or so, my bandit could have killed myself.
And mages = instant death. > >;;
The damage and HP systems are totally unrelated(me just BSing here. xD)  
Maple Story

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games