Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
What exactly are the beliefs of Neo-Pagans, i.e Fluffies Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NMMoriaki

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:32 pm
l always heard that He slept with the nymph, when Artemis found out she turned the GIRL into the stag and had him, as a hound, rip her apart...then killed the hound

Artemis was not terribly nice about that sort of thing  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:00 am
Well, as stated you will probably hear all kinds of man-hating acts attributed to her, to Venus, to Eris, to Athena and many other women. It was the fad for a wile to make women look bad by making them out to be man hating (female dogs).

So take the myths attributed to the gods with a grain of salt. It's always wise to go to the source material (the Illiad and the Odeyssey and other such primary source material) and work from there.

But in the context of the moon goddess, there are just as many moon goddesses out there who loved the men in their lives, who pined for them and were upset that they couldn't be with (Husband/boyfriend) Sun or Earth...

Want to know an irony, there are moon GODS out there too who love and lust after the Sun Goddesses. There's a native American myth that springs to mind, although I don't know the participants or the story. I also know that the main goddess of the Japanesse Shinto is a Sun Goddess. So keep those in mind.  

Daven Moto

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:27 am
After all, Mani, is a Norse Moon God, and Suna is a Norse Moon Goddess.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:43 am
TeaDidikai
After all, Mani, is a Norse Moon God, and Suna is a Norse Moon Goddess.

Are they gods?
I was led to believe they were other beings who weren't really worshipped.
Then again I'm nearly always wrong about such things. sweatdrop

Meh. I'll go and eat my crappy special diet dinner then look it up ^_^.  

patch99329

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:12 pm
patch99329

Are they gods?
I was led to believe they were other beings who weren't really worshipped.
Then again I'm nearly always wrong about such things. sweatdrop

Meh. I'll go and eat my crappy special diet dinner then look it up ^_^.
Norse mythos has a lot of different spirits that people working with Southern European theology won't really class a gods.

The Asatru I know include many "spirits" amongst their gods, including Hugnin and Munin, Freki and Gari, Suna and Mani and a host of others.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:57 pm
As far as the loving Moon Goddesses, I think the best story for that is Selene and Endymion.

The way I always knew it was that Suna was the Sun, and wasn't Mani Thor's son? I think I'll have to find my copy of the Edda's, I'll let you know when I actually find that part.  

NMMoriaki

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:10 pm
Khonsu and even Djehuty are more closely associated with the moon than any of the Kemetic goddesses, I believe.

Male sun, male moon, female sky, male earth.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:22 pm
Fun thing!

In most cultures where it is warm the sun is male and the moon is female because the sun burns you, while the moon is cool and gentle.

HOWEVER!

In Colder Countries (Like Iceland and the North) it is flipped because you are more likely to die of the cold, and the sun is nuturing and warm  

NMMoriaki

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:24 pm
NMMoriaki

The way I always knew it was that Suna was the Sun, and wasn't Mani Thor's son? I think I'll have to find my copy of the Edda's, I'll let you know when I actually find that part.
Please do. I don't recall Mani being Thor's son.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:39 pm
My mistake, you were correct. Mani is not Thor's son. That is Magni... my apologies.  

NMMoriaki

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:47 am
NMMoriaki
My mistake, you were correct. Mani is not Thor's son. That is Magni... my apologies.
I remember him having another son, and that they were hidden during Ragnarok.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:32 am
I believe his other son was called Modi. And they were supposed to survive Ragnarok, yes.  

Hybrid Jewel

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:05 am
JulieDoc
I believe his other son was called Modi. And they were supposed to survive Ragnarok, yes.
Thought so.

Someone correct me if I am mistaken, but there are two humans, Balder and Thor's sons after Ragnarok.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff