Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
Is Yaoi Just a Phase? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is Yaoi Just a Phase?
  No way!
  Maybe it is...
  Yeah, I won't like this in a month.
View Results

LazyButler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 9:24 pm
If yaoi is a phase...then I never want to grow out of it! heart heart  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:44 pm
Not that I've seen  

Tsuki Nushi

9,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200

AIRanimechiic

450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:00 pm
it's a phase for our/this/the current generation... we'll probably grow out of it, the current popular yaoi mangakas will probably grow out of it, BUT then the next generation of mangakas, otakus, and whatnots will love yaoi... new people will love yaoi in otherwords and maybe not specifically us
in terms of myself, the only way i think i will get out of yaoi is if i find a boyfriend or girlfriend  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 7:06 am
For-Chan Cookie
Here's a question for you, Is Yaoi Just a Phase?

You can answer this different ways. Is yaoi a phase for you personally? Do you see yourself growing out of it anytime soon? Perhaps you already are.

Also, lately there has been a big wave of yaoi, do you think this will eventually slow down as people become tired of it?

I've known a few people that drifted out of yaoi, or better yet, found religion and denounced yaoi completely. Personally, I've been interested in yaoi for well over seven years and I don't see it stopping anytime soon. I may not be as interested in fanworks as I was, but frankly, I blame that on the quality of fanworks, not on yaoi itself.

So, do you think you're going to get tired of yaoi anytime soon? Discuss.

Mmm... I am tired of yaoi. sweatdrop It's always the same again and again...
seme x uke.

I prever better yuri. heart

[ Edited - no pictures in the main forum, and definetely no yuri out of the yuri thread! Keep it in the right forums! - S a f f r o n S u g a r ]

Succubus Evaligan

Desirable Sex Symbol

7,350 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Generous 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

XxBlackRosesxX94

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 1:10 pm
It depends on the person.

Some people might start having busier lives so they don't watch/read/whatever it anymore, And maybe eventually forget.
Some people might be totally addicted for life.
We never know.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:18 pm
Nah, I don't believe it's a phase. I probably would have grown out of it by now.
But instead I've loved it in different forms for most of my teenage life, and now that I'm becoming an adult I still see no signs of suddenly not liking it anymore. My tastes are just becoming a little more refined, and I'm becoming more sensible about it than I used to be.
I have a very clear picture of myself as an adult, and it definitely includes me liking yaoi and slash.
(Which isn't to say that the poster above me doesn't have a point; I just don't really see it happening is all.)  

Sieffre

Wheezing Genius

7,450 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Freiflug

Punching Bag

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:33 pm
If it is, I've been stuck for years. ;3  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:28 am
Well people do tend to change their preferences over time. People who can say they've given up yaoi completely might not have been that into it in the first place. I've been into yaoi for almost 10 years and even though I'm still obsessed i think that the way i act around it has changed.

Before i used to be like how anyone would categorize a yaoi fan. A scary person who would squeal and giggle and spaz out at any inclination to yaoi and try to slash every male in any series i found attractive. and even though i have my squealing moments i think that I've separated myself from that crowd. I'm still a huge fanatic but i don't find myself screeching about it and scaring away everyone around me anymore.

Now i even find myself being kind of picky and critiquing the yaoi i find, not just the artwork but the story lines involved. i don't even read some yaoi manga anymore if it doesn't interest me. i guess it's because I've matured past the shy person who would blush deeply at the sight of any animated shirtless guy. probably because i have seen it all at this point.

So no, i don't think it's just a phase. i think that it will become a regular hobby like reading any other manga that doesn't involve boy love. i don't think i'll grow out of it. now the last obstacle is telling my mom after 10 years of hiding it. sweatdrop

Instant-Rhapsody

Dapper Vampire

8,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Jasqueen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:05 pm
as much as i wanna say, "no, are you crazy? it's so not a phase!" i just can't imagine myself still into yaoi in 5 years from now. but in my old age, i'd probably visit it from time to time just for the sake of that nostalgic feeling.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:47 pm
Maybe it's a phase on genres, I'm over yaoi that include girly guys and are about rape, but as far as I can tell I'm not going to just suddenly stop liking yaoi even if I get a boyfriend. The genre is much more than boyxboy love to me.  

SmashedGreen

3,300 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200

lemon_JJ

5,400 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:21 pm
Definitely. At least for me.

High school was when I loved manga, that covers everything. Shoujo, seninen, shounen, BL, yaoi etc. Never yuri though.

But now, I think I haven't read any for nearly 1/2 year~  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces