Submit

have you been hacked?
  no
  yes
  I am a hacker! (me:evil!)
View Results

wolvesaber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:17 pm
The account I have now is a new one that I created because my first account was recently hacked.
I'm not sure if they used a new tactic or if this is an old one that they used; if you see it don't fall for it(duh).

I was buying ink in the marketplace, when I received a pm. I opened it and it said that I had bought items from a hacked account; they claimed to be part of the administration and that they don't usually do this, but they needed my username,password, and e-mail address to sort this out, and that I needed to take my own items off of the marketplace-and if I didn't give the information within 15 minutes that my account would be banned.

this would have been a good time to report the pm, but instead I fell for it (although I had doubts in the back of my mind) and gave the information. Shortly after that I was involuntarily logged out and my password was changed.
I feel like an idiot.

When the staff says they will not ask for your password they mean it.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 1:25 pm
<33
Yeah, they do.
If you have any doubts about it, just don't do it.
I used to fall for those (on different websites) when I was little and man it stinks.

<33

SapphireSara2
Captain

PixieofDestruction

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:21 pm
I havn't been hacked here but my fiance and I were on Myspace. I got hacked 2x and he did 1x within 2weeks timeframe.
Last night I was chatting with people in the towns and someone was selling gold. Don't fall for that either.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:41 pm
I've had a Myspace account hacked, but nobody has tried to hack me on here. I had somebody ask to see pix of me to know that I was a "real" person, at which point they'd donate to me. I just kind of laughed at them and called them stupid. The best part was, their avi was dressed like it had just been made, yet they were claiming to have Koko Kitties and stuff. Moron.  

Neon~Starshine

Questionable Prophet

8,300 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

PixieofDestruction

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:44 pm
rolleyes They are stupid. Someone tried doing some shady business w/my friend the other day on Gaia. They said they were admins and that they needed her password or else they'd delete her acct. She reported them but still she was worried that it really was the admins. *lol* I reassured her they're not.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:23 pm
Yes, unfortunatly that happens. It happened to me before too, but I reported them instead of giving out the information.

Ms. Dorian Gray

Adorable Lunatic

15,700 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Lavish Tipper 200

flor del corazon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:18 pm
yeah. my sis nearly fell for one of those. seriously, admins NEVER ask for your password. and you can tell if they are REALLY an admin or not using the new name coloring system, no?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:25 pm
oh yeah, my old username was black.berry.small.cake, but now it's called Local Support Device  

wolvesaber

SketchySolid

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:58 pm
I got scammed by some guys back when I played Diablo II. Using some very specific glitch, and baiting me with countless treasure, they managed to steal all of my equipment, without me unequipping a piece of it. This has led me to conclude that if something sounds to good to be true, it probably is.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:42 pm
WOW! Recently my papal got hacked and I had $222 of real money stolen from it. They stole my info n charged my card, and sent it to Romania while I was none the wizer. They didn't use my paypal acct to do the transaction. Left no trace other than the fact that paypal knew they hacked in.  

PixieofDestruction

Cheeto Bandito

Professional Bandit

22,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:27 am
My passwords are too good for guessing.
Even I can't guess it when I forgot my own pass :P

And I never fell for those GIMME UR PASSWURD OR U'LL GIT BAN'D kind of scams.
Never been scammed at all actually.
Never been keylogged either.

They're not hackers.
They're just lazy buttheads that try to manipulate people into giving them their info.

I respect real hackers though. It's an art. :o

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:24 pm
The hackers I had my encounter w/guessed and guessed my passoword till they got it right. GRR!!! Its what makes me mad. I wasn't doing anything stupid w/my information.  

PixieofDestruction

Cheeto Bandito

Professional Bandit

22,650 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Winged 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 1:41 pm
PixieofDestruction
The hackers I had my encounter w/guessed and guessed my passoword till they got it right. GRR!!! Its what makes me mad. I wasn't doing anything stupid w/my information.
If your password was really good and not an actual word or anything that relates to you, then you might've gotten keylogged.

Serious Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games