14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
undecided
14%
 14%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 7

MyLadyMandy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 7:01 pm
I loved the first string of books she published, about the vampires and what not, but I stopped buying her books after Snakecharm because I got tired of paying fifteen dollars plus for a hardbound book that was only around one hundred and fifty pages. sweatdrop

I love her style, though, and Hawksong is up there on my list of favorite books. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:12 am
I read In the Forests of the Night on the sugestion of someone in my English class about 5 years ago, and it was awesome; It was short, but really good. I was going to look for more of her books the other day, but then I couldn't remember her name...or the name of the book I had read... sweatdrop

kel aka gandy

Quilue Lamia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:56 pm
She also has a new book now called WyvernHail.
It came out September 11, 2007.
It's the next one in the Kiesha'ra.
I haven't read it yet but i hope to soon.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:16 am
I have only recently started reading her books so I have only been able to get two of them In the Forest of the Night and Demon In My View, but from what I have read they she is a wicked writer. I tear through books really fast though so I'm dieing to get to the book store for more.  

luna1313132

Masquanade

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 12:22 pm
I love Amelia Atwater-Rhodes and I'm excited to see what she'll do next. I picked up her first book In the Forest of the Night a few months after it was released. I was going to a week long summer camp and wanted something to read at night. I loved it. Granted my favorite out of her vampire series was Shattered Mirror. I loved her second series so much more. I'm sad to see that WyvernHail was probably the last one of the Kiesha'ra series, but I'm hoping she continues writing another good series. My only issue with Atwater-Rhodes is that every fourth book seems to be my least favorite (Midnight Predator and WolfCry).

Recently introduced two of my friends to Atwater-Rhodes, and they both loved her.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 1:44 pm
<.< Midnight Predator is actually my favorite by her. And I think Shattered Mirror was my least favorite. Was it Shattered Mirror? Wow, I don't even remember which is which.

Okay, looked them up on Amazon. Yeah, Shattered Mirror was my least favorite, and Midnight Predator my favorite. I like Jaguar~ n.n

I never did read the rest of the Kiesha'ra series. I should do that eventually.  

NightIntent
Captain

Quilue Lamia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:43 am
NightIntent
<.< Midnight Predator is actually my favorite by her. And I think Shattered Mirror was my least favorite. Was it Shattered Mirror? Wow, I don't even remember which is which.

Okay, looked them up on Amazon. Yeah, Shattered Mirror was my least favorite, and Midnight Predator my favorite. I like Jaguar~ n.n

I never did read the rest of the Kiesha'ra series. I should do that eventually.

I agree with you!! Shattered Mirror just wasn't exactly my cup of tea. I think i didn't really like it because of the ending. It just wasn't what i wished it would be??  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:19 am
Yeah, what's-her-name, the witch, kinda gave up too easily. I mean, she spent her entire life hating vampires, then she meets two decent ones and her entire view of them changes? That's not how people work. I don't even remember most of what happened. But really, if you're raised to hate a group of people, your views won't change that drastically.  

NightIntent
Captain

Masquanade

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:03 pm
Shattered Mirror was my favorite of the vampire books. And I already stated that Midnight Predator was my least favorite (and the least favorite out of all of her books). It's been years since I've read both, so I can't say exactly why I like/dislike the two of them. sweatdrop I should reread them. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:11 pm
It's been years since I've read either of them, too. I just remember vague details. And that I had the opposite feelings from you about those two books. razz I don't even remember where my copies of them are. n.n"  

NightIntent
Captain

Minerva the Whore 4 Books

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:17 pm
I could've sworn I posted in this thread already....Well, I will now!

I've read all of her books. As for the vampire/witch ones I hated In the Forests of the Night because it lacked the depth and details that make a story "real," and I loved Midnight Predator because that's the only book I've encountered where vampires had human slaves, which I found immensely interesting. Jaguar is the sexiest vampire! The other tales were okay and left no lasting impression.

From the Kiesha'ra novels, I adored Hawksong and Falcondance, and despised Snakecharm. I speculate I abhored Snakecharm because Rei from Hawksong was my favourite character; I was fond of his story of how he loved Danica and had to watch her marry someone else, but still remained by her side as a guard and friend. In the second installment, he falls in love with someone else, ruining his tragicly beautiful story that I enjoyed. As with her others, the rest of the shape-shifter books were okay and left no lasting impression.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 12:57 am

I've read all of her books. As for the vampire/witch ones I hated In the Forests of the Night because it lacked the depth and details that make a story "real," ....

You have to remember though, that she was only 15 when she had her first book published. (In the Forests of the Night) I'm, not disagreeing with you, there really wasn't a whole lot of depth, and not nearly enough intricate detail.
However, I think the reason for that was her young age, and the fact that it was her first published work. Her books got a lot better from that point on.  

Quilue Lamia

Masquanade

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 7:32 pm

I've read all of her books. As for the vampire/witch ones I hated In the Forests of the Night because it lacked the depth and details that make a story "real," and I loved Midnight Predator because that's the only book I've encountered where vampires had human slaves, which I found immensely interesting. Jaguar is the sexiest vampire! The other tales were okay and left no lasting impression.

From the Kiesha'ra novels, I adored Hawksong and Falcondance, and despised Snakecharm. I speculate I abhored Snakecharm because Rei from Hawksong was my favourite character; I was fond of his story of how he loved Danica and had to watch her marry someone else, but still remained by her side as a guard and friend. In the second installment, he falls in love with someone else, ruining his tragicly beautiful story that I enjoyed. As with her others, the rest of the shape-shifter books were okay and left no lasting impression.

Oh I loved the relationship between Danica and Rei as well, and I was a bit saddened to see it thrown aside so quickly. Granted I wasn't too disheartened as Rei and his pairbond (forget her name) weren't really focused on too much besides for that some bit in Snakecharm.  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff