Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Stuck in a rut!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BobbySoxer01

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:49 pm
So I'm a pretty athletic person and at 5'5 and anywhere between 135-139 lbs. I' not overweight. I'm actually right at the top of my "healthy" weight range. However because I've never been happy with my stomach and love handles i'd like to lose weight. I swim alot and ride my bike, usually a combined two hours work out everyday in the morning. My eating habits are pretty good, atlhough I do have a sweet tooth sweatdrop . Well I never really loose weight, my stomach doesn't slim and I'm stuck in a rut. I know I should do crunches and such but I DESPISE them, is there any other core workout I can do because I'm getting plenty of cardio but not anything else  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:59 pm
Well, core workout STRENGTHENS your core, but the only way to lose bellyfat is cardio, and diet.

Since you're doing a lot of cardio, Im thinking it's diet. Fatty and sugary foods have a tendancy to pool right in the middle there too.

Unless, you're just 'unfit' around your middle, and not actually fat (ie's your stomach is squishy but doesnt stick out or 'tire')

Pilates <3  

Groovy Spleen
Crew

StilettoReject

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:37 pm
I agree with Spleen. It's probably the diet doing it, since your exercise schedule is saintly.

I also agree about the Pilates. Pilates = heart

Also, also (wik), I suggest doing other sorts of cardio exercise. Go jogging, get some exercise videos, etc. It's best to keep your body guessing, or else it'll just get used to the same old routine. :]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:32 pm
A moose once bit my sister (ah monty python smile

Pilates is fun I guess. I've never been a fan of land workouts, which is why I do swimming and water polo. My diet is definately in need of an overhaul, I shall work on that. I have a dance video as well as a few others, but running just kills me. I can't do it. My stomach is a little pudgy but what I'd love to lose are the love handles! thanks for the help  

BobbySoxer01

StilettoReject

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:19 pm
BobbySoxer01

Pilates is fun I guess. I've never been a fan of land workouts, which is why I do swimming and water polo. My diet is definately in need of an overhaul, I shall work on that. I have a dance video as well as a few others, but running just kills me. I can't do it. My stomach is a little pudgy but what I'd love to lose are the love handles! thanks for the help.

No realli! She was Karving her initials øn the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law -an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink"... Er....... >>;;

Which dance video do you have? I have like... a million that I've collected over the past 10 years. O-o

Anyway! To get rid of the extra pudge, just keep doing what your doing and alter the diet and you should be fine. Cutting out the sweets can do a world of wonders. That and, when you say "pretty good," are you sure you're eating enough or maybe a little too much? A lot of people don't actually know how many calories they need to take in in a day and that they need to burn more than what they do eat in a day to lose weight. x3 How many calories would you guess that you take in in a single day? And burn?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:30 am
Frau Svenja von Wolfsberg
BobbySoxer01

Pilates is fun I guess. I've never been a fan of land workouts, which is why I do swimming and water polo. My diet is definately in need of an overhaul, I shall work on that. I have a dance video as well as a few others, but running just kills me. I can't do it. My stomach is a little pudgy but what I'd love to lose are the love handles! thanks for the help.

No realli! She was Karving her initials øn the møøse with the sharpened end of an interspace tøøthbrush given her by Svenge - her brother-in-law -an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian møvies: "The Høt Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Mølars of Horst Nordfink"... Er....... >>;;

Which dance video do you have? I have like... a million that I've collected over the past 10 years. O-o

Anyway! To get rid of the extra pudge, just keep doing what your doing and alter the diet and you should be fine. Cutting out the sweets can do a world of wonders. That and, when you say "pretty good," are you sure you're eating enough or maybe a little too much? A lot of people don't actually know how many calories they need to take in in a day and that they need to burn more than what they do eat in a day to lose weight. x3 How many calories would you guess that you take in in a single day? And burn?

Well my workout has changed since my first post. It's gotten to be MORE. Water polo conditioning started so I have 2 hours of intense swimming from 10 to noon and then more workout 5:30-7. Unfortunately after morning practice I go to subway sweatdrop . I usually get the small sub but it can still be around 400 calories in one sandwhich, maybe more. I snack too much, ugh I need to change my diet!

Anyways I guess I burn a lot, but I take in quite a bit too. hmm 2 hours= 120 minutes. 120x10 calories a minute. WOW too bad we usually finish 30 minutes early so its more like 900 calories burnt, then probably a bit less then 900 in the after noon. I guess I just need to fix what I eat  

BobbySoxer01

Soi Tsuba

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 2:03 pm
remember if you work out the abs you need to work out your back muscles as well or you'll end up hunched over b/c your stomach muscles pull in getting tighter and your back muscles aren't equally tight to balance it out.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:38 am
Soi Tsuba
remember if you work out the abs you need to work out your back muscles as well or you'll end up hunched over b/c your stomach muscles pull in getting tighter and your back muscles aren't equally tight to balance it out.

I've never thought about that! What type of excersizing works your back out? (Yoga, perhaps?)  

Keren

Soi Tsuba

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:10 pm
the best stuff is doing free motion machines. They have little pictures telling you what you're working on and how to do it so don't worry they're fool proof.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:56 pm
Oh yeah!! xd I remember those thingies. I don't think any of our equipment at work has pictures, though. I'll have to go check it out. (I cancelled my membership to 24 hour fitness because it was just a little too spendy... especially when I have a gym I can use for -free-).  

Keren

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games