Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply PathWays
Rookherstian Gnosticism....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rookherst[KOS]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:09 pm
Rookherstian Gnosticism: a Modern vivification of an Ancient Tradition.

The first thing I would like to express is that Most of what follows is UPG; but UPG which is based upon Ancient Scripture and verified History. In such, what follows is exactly as I say above: "A Moder vivification of an Ancient Tradition".

It should also note that there are parts which are based on scripture, parts that are based on my own musings, and parts which are based upon my practice of Syncretism.

I haven't the time to provide a proper history of Gnosticism as a "religious category", but I think it very important to note that the elements of Gnosticism can be found in various ancient mystic traditions; and to this day the origins of the principles are unknown. Several traditions and/or Cultures through out the Mediterranean, Middle east, and Far east all seem to have developed the principles independently from each other.

In the Early Days of Christianity a Variant form of the religion came about, which exhibited philosophical concepts seemingly adapted from the Greek Orphic tradition. This was Gnosticism.

It's Emphasis on personal salvation, rejection of the flesh, and detailed systems of Emanated Modalities...quickly branded it a Heresy. Most of the Texts belonging to the Gnostic Writers was lost to us, and what we knew was only through the writing of their adversaries. Until, that is, the Nag Hammadi Library was discovered.

As I said, what follows is the Gnosticism I See, feel, and know.

(( I Suck at this, if you have specific questions that I haven't covered yes (yes I will get be continually adding) I'll try to cover it somewhere in my reserved posts)  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:10 pm
The Basics

On God, and the Modalities.

In all things, at all places, and all points is God. God Is source and substance of all things; and the source of the substance (which is composed of the substance as well) is The Bythos. The monad. The Perfect Æon.

This Source Emanated into lesser modalities. The Modalities serve to facilitate the realm of light and in a metaphorical sense represent the progression of "being"; similar to Plato's "Eternal realm of ideals" presented in the allegory of the Cave.

The Æon's are emanated in the fashion of divine Syzygy's; which represent duality not in a competing nature, but in a complementary nature.

The most important of these pairings is The Christ and the Sophia. It is from Sophia's Decent out of the realm of light which created matter, and the Demiurge (Who would then shape the matter).

The Sophia, Demiurge, and a world of neatly categorized ignorance.

At the Center of the Gnostic Mythos involving our ontology is the Sophia myth. The ancient writers, seeing an error in the Story of Genesis sought higher information and truth. What they recorded was considered by others of the day a paltry redux of the story all thought true.

The Creation of the world to the Gnostics is not a divinely perfect thing, in fact it was mostly regarded as a creation out of "Ignorant loneliness".

In a Nut shell the Sophia myth consists of Sophia being the final emanated Æon in the realm of light. She, seeking unity with the brightness of the Monad travels toward it. Unfortunately she fell into the abyss of Chaos, which had been reflecting the splendor of the Monad. There, alienated from the light she birthed the Demiurge.

The forms and Powers of Natural (which is to say as opposed to celestial) Order were emanated from Demiurge. These are the Archons.

Christ, Who and what was he?

Rookherst[KOS]

Rookherst[KOS]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:12 pm
~Reserved~

More to come Soon!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:15 pm
~Reserved~  

Rookherst[KOS]

Rookherst[KOS]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 4:16 pm
Rituals

The Howling

The Howling is an interesting ritual of mine. I closely associate with the Wolf on many levels, and the Moon is of great importance to me on many other levels.

The Principle of the Howling is to empty the soul of some emotion or to express clearly the emotion, will in the processes calling to Sophia. I suppose it is similar to the concept of "Drawing down the moon"; but the moon in this case is a Focal point and a symbol of the Light of Sophia.

The Emotion I express is an intense loneliness and longing; for when the moon is full Sophia is furthest from the world and furthest from me. (And conversely it is the New moon where she is most prevalent).

The Howl is to empty the loneliness and to call Sophia down to me.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:08 pm
I heard from an unreliable source TeaDidikai that you needed bothering.  

Tsuzuki

Rookherst[KOS]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:24 pm
Tsuzuki

NO scream ......yes crying  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:19 am
Tsuzuki
crying No love for Tea!

Ahem- Rook, did you mean to make that play on words-
"for when the moon is fool Sophia is furthest from the world and furthest from me."

Or was it a typo?  

TeaDidikai

Rookherst[KOS]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 1:26 pm
TeaDidikai

Or was it a typo?

The result of Sleep deprivation and Dyslexic Dysgraphia. I suck with Homophones.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 8:17 am
Rookherst[KOS]
TeaDidikai

Or was it a typo?

The result of Sleep deprivation and Dyslexic Dysgraphia. I suck with Homophones.
Okay.

I ask because the implications of some of the images were interesting if it was intentional.  

TeaDidikai

PathWays

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff