Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friends of English Magic - for readers and fans of fantasy

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of fantasy books - we have discussions, contests, and games! 

Tags: english, fantasy, magic, book, scifi 

Reply dead threads - do not post
Blank Sheet of Paper

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Crazy4Malfoy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:04 pm
Title: Blank Sheet of Paper

Summary: Inspired by the song Blank Sheet of Paper by Tim McGraw. Implied HrD! This is a songfic that I posted on fanfiction.net and I just wanted to know what you all thought of it. Btw, my name on fanfiction.net is lily-james-potter2004, not Crazy4Malfoy, thought I am thinking of changing it soon!

Rating: PG

I'm just a blank sheet of paper
This fool's about to write you a letter
To tell you that he's sorry
For the way he did you wrong
To ask for your forgiveness
For leavin you alone

Draco Malfoy sat at his desk and took out a piece of parchment and a quill. He dipped the quill into a bottle of black ink and got ready to write. He just sat there, with the quill hovering over the piece of parchment, not sure what to write. He decided to start with the greeting.

Dear Hermione,

He shook his head and scratched that.

My Dearest Hermione,

Hermione, my love,

My Love,

To Hermione,

None of these sounded right. So, of course, he scratched them all off. He sat there and just thought, not sure exactly what to even write down.

He's been lookin down at me
It seems like forever
He takes the top on and off his pen
It's like he can't decide
What he wants to say
If he'd just tell the truth
I'd be on my way

Draco sighed and banged his head down on the table, leaving it there. The quill fell to the floor as Draco closed his eyes, the memories engulfing him.

“Come on, Draco!” Hermione laughed, twirling around and around in circles. “Come play in the snow!” Draco laughed and joined Hermione. They both made a lot of snow angels and just had a great time laughing and playing.

“Tag! You’re it!” Hermione cried, touching him and running away. She couldn’t stop from laughing. Draco laughed, also, and ran after her, tackling her to the ground. As he stared into her eyes, the laughter died on his lips. When she noticed the change in his eyes, her laughter also stopped. He lowered his face and kissed her.

“I love you Hermione Granger,” Draco whispered.

“I love you, too, Draco Malfoy,” Hermione whispered back. They kissed again.

“Why, Hermione?” Draco cried, tears streaming down his cheeks.

“Draco,” Hermione began, “I didn’t…”

“I saw you!” Draco shouted, turning his back on her. “I saw you Hermione, and I could never forgive you.” He walked away leaving Hermione alone, in what was to be their new home.

But he just stares at me
And I just stare at him
He don't know where to start
To say he doesn't want it to end
Now its one hour later
And I'm still a blank sheet of paper

Draco slowly picked up his quill and got ready to write again. He just didn’t know what to write. He knew the truth now. He knew that she hadn’t cheated on him. It had looked like she was kissing blaise Zabini and he wouldn’t hear the truth. Now, he had no idea how he was supposed to convey this to Hermione. Would she even believe him when he said that he was sorry? Would she forgive him?

The sunlight is comin through the curtains
He's almost asleep pen in hand
There's a tear in his eye
That refuses to fall
If it would land on me
That would say it all

Draco felt the tears coming now, but he refused to let even one tear fall. Draco Malfoy does not cry, he told himself, but that didn’t stop the burning sensation in his eyes. The first tear fell, hitting the parchment, smearing the already smeared ink.

But he just stares at me
And I just stare at him
To say he doesn't want it to end
Now it's four hours later

Draco sighed, slid his chair back, banged his fist on the desk, causing the ink bottle to spill, and walked to the window. He looked out, the tears coming faster now. How do I tell her that I still love her, Draco thought sadly. Does she still love me?

Oh but he just stares at me
And I just stare at him
To say he wants you back again
One broken heart later
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:57 am
Awww... that is so sweet...

Thanks for following all the posting guidelines. 3nodding

Hope to see more of your stuff in the future.  

Lhia Dunwaith

Crazy4Malfoy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:14 am
Glad you liked it. I never read the posting rules, this is just how I always write, but I am glad to see I didn't break the rules. That would be horrible! Maybe I should go look at the rules now, huh? Anyways, glad you liked it and you can bet I will be writing more in the near future!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:10 pm
Awesome!!! biggrin  

Lhia Dunwaith

Sita Harker
Captain

6,000 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:50 pm
Actually you forgot the genre  
dead threads - do not post