Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:28 am
AngryRobotsInc.
Why does all this stuff that costs so much money seem to happen all at once?
Because if it happens in small doses, we don't notice it as much?

That said- I hope your health improves.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 4:59 pm
So.
Apparently your employer can write you up for having a disconnected phone line.

To explain, a few weeks ago my boss called me to tell me that I was not needed the next day at work. She left a message and I didn't check my messages that day. My fault; I accept that. So sometime Friday or Saturday she tries to call me to tell me I'm not needed in today and this time, the phone line itself is disconnected (we have no idea why; our bill is paid up and the other cable-run items are functioning just fine). So I get a written warning for it. I mean, if it had been another case of me not checking my messages I can understand being given a written warning. That would be being irresponsible on my part. But I don't have control over my phone line being disconnected. We had no idea that there was anything wrong with the phone line.

I feel like my boss is always trying to find new ways to fire people just so she can turn around and pull the "woe is me!" act when she doesn't have anyone to cover shifts and her sales numbers are down. I feel like she actively looks for ways to put a squeeze on us.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:56 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
So.

To explain, a few weeks ago my boss called me to tell me that I was not needed the next day at work. She left a message and I didn't check my messages that day. My fault; I accept that. So sometime Friday or Saturday she tries to call me to tell me I'm not needed in today and this time, the phone line itself is disconnected (we have no idea why; our bill is paid up and the other cable-run items are functioning just fine). So I get a written warning for it. I mean, if it had been another case of me not checking my messages I can understand being given a written warning. That would be being irresponsible on my part. But I don't have control over my phone line being disconnected. We had no idea that there was anything wrong with the phone line.

I feel like my boss is always trying to find new ways to fire people just so she can turn around and pull the "woe is me!" act when she doesn't have anyone to cover shifts and her sales numbers are down. I feel like she actively looks for ways to put a squeeze on us.
A boss at work lashed out at a co worker who didn't have a phone and told her to get one. Her response? "You going to pay for it?"  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:14 pm
TeaDidikai
Violet Song jat Shariff
So.

A boss at work lashed out at a co worker who didn't have a phone and told her to get one. Her response? "You going to pay for it?"

xd I wish I could say that to mine! She'd fire me on the spot though.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Collowrath

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:16 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
TeaDidikai
Violet Song jat Shariff
So.

My partner suffers from the same problem from his manager pretty regularly. Is there a way for you to go over her head and contest it? if so, please do it. It would suck for you to lose your job over some arbitrary reports from an unstable manager. sad  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:24 pm
Collowrath
Violet Song jat Shariff
TeaDidikai
Violet Song jat Shariff
So.

My partner suffers from the same problem from his manager pretty regularly. Is there a way for you to go over her head and contest it? if so, please do it. It would suck for you to lose your job over some arbitrary reports from an unstable manager. sad

No; she and her boss are like peas in a pod. Her boss loves S (my boss) because S gets us to pull some of the highest sales numbers in the region.

Honestly it's not the first time she's done stuff like this to her employees. I know two women in the last 6-7 months in which she has documented every little thing they do in an effort to build a case to fire them.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:30 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
Collowrath
Violet Song jat Shariff
TeaDidikai
Violet Song jat Shariff
So.

No; she and her boss are like peas in a pod. Her boss loves S (my boss) because S gets us to pull some of the highest sales numbers in the region.

Honestly it's not the first time she's done stuff like this to her employees. I know two women in the last 6-7 months in which she has documented every little thing they do in an effort to build a case to fire them.
Two can play at that game.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:36 pm
TeaDidikai

I don't know who I'd take it to though. I don't know if what she is doing is actually illegal. It's shitty and on the unethical side, sure.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:48 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
TeaDidikai

I don't know who I'd take it to though. I don't know if what she is doing is actually illegal. It's shitty and on the unethical side, sure.
If she goes after you for documenting unethical behavior, it is illegal.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:20 pm
I would look into company policy. I know some companies once they have you on the schedule are not allowed to change it at the last minute.

You could also check with your local EEOC.  

too2sweet

Tipsy Fairy

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:29 pm
Good news: My Lovers card came in the mail today!

Bad news: It is slightly larger than the other cards for some reason, and thus won't shuffle well, etc.

I don't know what the ******** to do.

I feel like it's a sign of something: My deck first not having the Lovers, and now that it's here, it doesn't fit in. *tired sigh*  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:55 pm
Bad day today. I got smoked by my company CO today while at PT. I was with a new guy in the company before formation. We had about ten minutes of nothing to do and our co comes over and asks us which group we're going to run with so he'll know which group will run with him and who's going to run with LT. LT is the only guy who can run a nine minute mile in the company, so he leads the faster group, of which I'm in. So we tell him and as he walks off the new guy actually says "See ya Micro mini!!". The guy stands at five foot nothing and is extremely defensive about his size. I could feel my heart come to a stop as the captain just stopped and turned around. I was speechless and just looked at my CO, wandering what he would do. He asked where he had heard that name and the guy just pointed at me. Now, while we do joke about our superiors, we don't disrespect them in that way as to call them by their nickname. I really wanted to punch the new guy when he pointed at me. I don't even think I've done so many push ups in my life.  

0ttercha0s

Unforgiving Tactician

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:19 pm
Dear husband of mine: You know my body almost as well as I do. Perhaps changing plans to have dinner at another persons apartment so they suit your needs of not cleaning isn't the best idea when merely having the seatbelt over my lap is causing horrific cramps.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:37 pm
A Soldier is not like other people.
No, once the change has been made, the path back is forever closed.

I realize that now.
I really don't relate to others, I might feel for them, but there is not a sense of likeness and community. In the end, it is almost as if I can't trust civilians. Intellectually, I might, but in my heart, I will never feel a sense of community with them.  

Fiddlers Green

0ttercha0s

Unforgiving Tactician

6,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:58 pm
I know the feeling.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games