Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
--- C H A T B O X --- Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 987 988 989 990 991 992 ... 2614 2615 2616 2617 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kitsoru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:33 pm
Dr_lecter1988
lurichan
Dr_lecter1988
Thundercats is god! whomever speaksdifferent blasphemes. i already hav ehte first half of hte first season of thundercats, i need to buy the rest, sadly enoughm i bought it at hot topic, for a decent price nonethe less.

It never ceases to amuse me at just how many anime related items I can find at hot topic now.... then again I still remember when they sold Sailor Moon manga. Nothing quite as amusing as seeing one of the people I knew from high school scamper in there like a scared little bunny rabbit scurrying just long enough to buy a manga and then running out again cause the store itself scared her.

hot topic's going for the Nostalgia thing now too. it's no longer "all about the music" i doubt it ever was. but i don't mind it.

yeah, it seems they've finally realized that most of their consumer base is also anime/videogame geeks XD I was wondering when they'd figure that out lol  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:33 pm
For my fellow Thundercat enthusiast...
Blundercats
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/thundercats.html

and if I were a transformer this would be my power...
It's more than meets the eye xd
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/boxtransformer.html  

Ascher

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:35 pm
Dr_lecter1988
lurichan
Dr_lecter1988
Thundercats is god! whomever speaksdifferent blasphemes. i already hav ehte first half of hte first season of thundercats, i need to buy the rest, sadly enoughm i bought it at hot topic, for a decent price nonethe less.

It never ceases to amuse me at just how many anime related items I can find at hot topic now.... then again I still remember when they sold Sailor Moon manga. Nothing quite as amusing as seeing one of the people I knew from high school scamper in there like a scared little bunny rabbit scurrying just long enough to buy a manga and then running out again cause the store itself scared her.

hot topic's going for the Nostalgia thing now too. it's no longer "all about the music" i doubt it ever was. but i don't mind it.

Hot Topic is all about making money. *Shrugs* I'm not bitter about it, I just miss the pretty dresses that used to hang on the back wall, but between spongebob stuff and anime stuff, well it just doesn't have quite the same feel to it anymore. Most of the fashion items have moved more punk, and I miss the good ol' vicotrian goth cloths they used to have. *sniffles* I miss my cloak...

Becca: Mine too. Then it pretty much turned into whatever cartoon network had on because I was being too cheap to buy anything for a long long time.... so.... *ponders* DBZ, Tenchi Muyo, Ronin Warriors, Gundum Wing, Outlaw Star, and whatever else they had on toonami before adult swim was formed.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:38 pm
You would never see your death by assassination coming from that inconspicuous cardboard box that came in the mail that had a raygun sticking out the front would you...? evil
That is why I would want that power... So I could mail myself about and assassinate people I don't like! *cackles* I would be the ULTIMATE Transformer of them all! twisted  

Ascher

Dr_lecter1988
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:38 pm
toonami had... that weird kid. johnny, johnny whatshisface, and Reboot.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:39 pm
Dr_lecter1988

Johnny Quest?

And I HATED Reboot with a PASSION! A deep seated PASSION of PASSIONATE PASSION more PASSIONATE than Christ! That's how much I hated it...  

Ascher

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:41 pm
Dr_lecter1988

REBOOT!!! *Dances in nostolgia* And Johny Bravo.... meh.

Becca: Yeah, a lot of people do kindof cross between the boundaries of gamers/goths/and anime otaku. I'm always amused at the manga they choose to carry though. I saw a copy of Fruits Basket on clearance and just laughed a little that they never have dark manga, it's always shojo.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:42 pm
Ascher
Dr_lecter1988

Johnny Quest?

And I HATED Reboot with a PASSION! A deep seated PASSION of PASSIONATE PASSION more PASSIONATE than Christ! That's how much I hated it...

yes! johnny Quest!.

i loved reboot it was a fun show.  

Dr_lecter1988
Crew

Ascher

lurichan
Dr_lecter1988

Becca: Yeah, a lot of people do kindof cross between the boundaries of gamers/goths/and anime otaku. I'm always amused at the manga they choose to carry though. I saw a copy of Fruits Basket on clearance and just laughed a little that they never have dark manga, it's always shojo.

Speaking of dark manga, Kaori Yuuki is very good ^_^ I should have bought that copy in B&N's when I had the chance ._.  
*gets bored with the endlessly looping transformer's box*  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Ascher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:44 pm
lurichan

How can you get bored?!!? It's GREAT! And the Transformers theme in the background is so robotic sounding it's cool! >.<

Maybe I'm just easily amused but still it's GREAT!!! scream  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:45 pm
Ascher
lurichan
Dr_lecter1988

Speaking of dark manga, Kaori Yuuki is very good ^_^ I should have bought that copy in B&N's when I had the chance ._.

I think my new intersting dark manga for the moment is "Kamui" 3nodding  

lurichan
Vice Captain

Kitsoru

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:46 pm
lurichan

lol ya, I noticed that too- you'd think they'd have Hellsing, Lament of the Lamb, etc....but nope, Fruits Basket XDD  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:48 pm
Ascher
lurichan

How can you get bored?!!? It's GREAT! And the Transformers theme in the background is so robotic sounding it's cool! >.<

Maybe I'm just easily amused but still it's GREAT!!! scream

Kit: oh yes, you are quite easily impressed.... *dangles sparkly jingly bell from piece of yarn*  

Kitsoru

Ascher

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:48 pm
lurichan
Ascher
lurichan
Dr_lecter1988

I think my new intersting dark manga for the moment is "Kamui" 3nodding

Well all I know is one of my friends sent me an entire manga that Yuuki wrote and drew when on AIM, I haven't read it yet but it looks good. I saw one of her works in Barnes and Nobles but didn't buy it... instead I bought a D&D Monster Manual >.>  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 987 988 989 990 991 992 ... 2614 2615 2616 2617 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games