Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
The topic which rapidly degenerated... [MISC] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 103 104 105 106 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:53 am
I had a haircut today.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

I'm procrastinating.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:18 pm
Nebelstern
Heterodyne
But the real question is - what shall be played on the xylophone? ninja

The Funeral March would be quite fitting, I'd imagine.

Nah. It's got to be "Always look on the Bright Side of Life"

"Invictus": Our very own Drunken Musical Councillor Monkey (DMCM).

In all seriousness, however - a hearty well done for getting involved. I may well need to draw upon your campaigning experience if and when I get around to applying for the Tory A-List after I leave the RAF.

(And if you become an MP before me - I'll ... um ... sulk!)  

[Finrod]

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:01 pm
I think our Bono Vox is more likely to get to the Commons before I do. He has a proper tory blog, and is probably better-connected than me at the moment.

Standing in such a hopeless local council seat is good though. I'll have been blooded, as it were..

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:41 am
18th january 1993 i feel really young compared to ya all!! biggrin biggrin  

Pinklikemyhair

Heterodyne

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:17 pm
Invictus_88
I'll have been blooded, as it were..

I just knew the Tories were vampires... Michael Howard... *cough*

sweatdrop Aheh. That would make Labour the werewolf party then.

I sat in on a few council policy meetings when I was campaigning for Votes at 16, and the split personality of Suffolk County was amusing. It was roughly half-and-half with Labour and the Conservatives, so the direction of the votes for each day was pretty much decided by which Councillors had decided to turn up.

...I thought I was being so very sensible when I got a PC instead of a laptop for uni. More power and storage for less money. Less likely to crash and burn when I run seven programs at once...

I didn't count on the GIANT BOXES, and the upper-body workout, manouvering heavy things in CONFINED SPACES. Also, duct tape and long hair continue not to mix well. [/rant] I'm sure I'll be happy when I get there, though.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 3:41 am
Quote:

You should really be more worried about desk space because that's the real bugbear here.

I have a problem with desk space.

I have 3 desks! 3 full sized desks with way too many drawers, 4 chairs, 2 beds, a bedside table, a sinkside table and a wardrobe. And, if I climb out one of my windows I have my own balcony.

Its amazing. I only choose this residence becuase it was the cheapest.

My problem is I don't have much stuff since I had to cut everything down to 2 full sized suitcases and 2 pieces of hand luggage inc kitchen and bed covers.

It's such an unbelieveable house. We keep finding new things, theres a climbing wall in the garage! And we have an apple tree.

Oh yes, be jealous.  

Nebelstern
Crew

[Finrod]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:57 am
Invictus_88
I think our Bono Vox is more likely to get to the Commons before I do. He has a proper tory blog, and is probably better-connected than me at the moment.
/color]

Oh, where's his blog?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:05 am
Ah - no worries, found it.  

[Finrod]

Heterodyne

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:30 pm
No more angst... the computer is contained, along with the saxophone, a box full of oil paints and canvas, a suitcase which could pretty much be a wardrobe on handles, and various things which didn't fit...a pirate coat and hat...and my towel, for some reason. sweatdrop

I'm hoping for a desk the size of a small island, a la a NatSci I'm friends with at Emmanuel. Not that he needed it with his bizarre disappears-when-you-turn-it-side-on Mac setup. stare But I'm at Trinity, and the aesthetic is probably more medieval and cramped. I doubt that the mega-secret on that particular floor in Emmanuel is repeated anywhere else, as well: through the back panel of a wardrobe in one of the student rooms is an attic with a full size air hockey table in it (and a mattress that time and decency forgot...) . Someone had a sense of humour...

Nebelstern
Not that I've anything against laptops, I'm on mine now at home because 'the beast' is in Canterbury. By 'beast' I mean PC. And by Canterbury I mean...well...Canterbury.

Heh. ^__^ There's a really old laptop which is still hanging around the house,(way over a decade now...) that statically charges anyone who goes near it. My new PC's a pretty inoffensive black box, however much the quietly glowing sentinals in the corner whispered to me. Not a bad hard drive, though. Naturally, I've neglected to do a data transfer, and my external hard drive is being difficult, so I'm running off music data CDs with my shot-to-pieces CD drive. It's paper-clip assisted.

I'm going to be without a graphics tablet for a bit, but with a decent scanner. Thinking about starting a comic blog.

Finrod, sorry for my delay, I will return to the politics subforum soon! Your history of Conservatism is worthy of a monograph. I've been reading the Direct Democracy site, which is a fair bit more collected and forcefully put than the Euston Manifesto... typical. rolleyes (I did a word count, and it's roughly fifty words counting in base 28... Well. Base 27.7, or similar, if I remember... mrgreen ) Hopefully there'll be a politics student on my staircase I can organise some ideas with...

Apologies for the waffle, everyone. It must be because I'm so excited. heart

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:09 am
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=TPhpsIK7pDc  

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Heterodyne

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:31 am
*Resurfaces in Cambridge*

So far, it's been a compelling mixture of fabulous and terrifying.
...And standing around talking about things.
Edit: ...And going on a pub crawl... well, 'tour', as they so designated it... only to see Stephen Hawking coming back to his house late at night. *General awe*  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:24 pm
That would be quite fun.  

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Creatio ex Nihilo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:48 am
Right, this is going to be really random, but I need help finding a decent group song which both juniors and sixth form could sing for our House Music festival. It's really short notice but I honestly reckon that we'll lose if we go up there and try to sing YMCA... I tried pursuading them to sing "With a Little Help From My Friends" but no....
Any suggestions please?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:37 am
Creatio ex Nihilo
Right, this is going to be really random, but I need help finding a decent group song which both juniors and sixth form could sing for our House Music festival. It's really short notice but I honestly reckon that we'll lose if we go up there and try to sing YMCA... I tried pursuading them to sing "With a Little Help From My Friends" but no....
Any suggestions please?

I've had Bare Neccessities stuck in my head all day. It's a pretty good group song, my house went to an open mike night in a local pub last night and everyone loves that song.  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:51 pm
Nebelstern
Quote:

You should really be more worried about desk space because that's the real bugbear here.

I have a problem with desk space.

I have 3 desks! 3 full sized desks with way too many drawers, 4 chairs, 2 beds, a bedside table, a sinkside table and a wardrobe. And, if I climb out one of my windows I have my own balcony.

Its amazing. I only choose this residence becuase it was the cheapest.

My problem is I don't have much stuff since I had to cut everything down to 2 full sized suitcases and 2 pieces of hand luggage inc kitchen and bed covers.

It's such an unbelieveable house. We keep finding new things, theres a climbing wall in the garage! And we have an apple tree.

Oh yes, be jealous.

I'm confused as to how I wrote that without even posting it. eek  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 103 104 105 106 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas