Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Gryffindor Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:51 am
User Image
User Image
                        What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, stronger
                        Just me, myself, and I
                        Just me, myself, and I

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger x x x Stand a little taller x x x What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
                        Stand a little taller x x x What doesn't kill you makes you stronger x x x Stand a little taller

Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
                        You heard that I was starting over with someone new

Eun fly across the pitch, flying after the snitch. He was getting closer, soon he would be able to reach it. "You can do this." he said as he flew after the darting glint of gold. Come on. he thought as he drew closer.

They told you I was moving on, over you
                            You didn't think that I'd come back

I'd come back swinging

Team Gold
19+ to Spot
22+ to Catch
Position:
Seeker
AC: 17
Modifiers: + 2 (sharp eyes) + 2 (Natural Flyer) + 2 (Great Catch) + 3 (Advanced Flying) + 2 (Experience)
+ 7 Sighting
+ 7 Catch
Special Skills
: sharp eyes, Natural Flyer, Great Catch
Final Roll:
Post Number: 2/3 catch up
Lives: [ 1 ] [ 2 ] [ 3 ]

murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:50 am
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Quidditch Pitch

David wasn'y having any luck with tryouts this year. Maybe he'd have to settle for reserve. Okay that hurt to think about but still it sounded like the most likely. Why couldn't he caught a break?

With: Quidditch team

Wearing: Quidditch Uniform

OOC: 19+ = spot, (0/3 chasing) 22+ = catch (0/2 attempts)
Modifiers: +2 spotting, +2 catch, +2 dodge, +2 experience played, +3 advanced flying I & II
Special Skills: Sharp Eye, Great Catch, Deft Dodger
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:19 am
User Image
User Image
                        Just me, myself, and I
                        Just me, myself, and I

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger x x x Stand a little taller x x x What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
                        Stand a little taller x x x What doesn't kill you makes you stronger x x x Stand a little taller

Eun was growing closer to the snitch, soon it would be in his reach! Just another foot. "Come on!" he said with a smile. Yes it was in his reach now. He just had to reach out and grab it.

I'd come back swinging

Team Gold
19+ to Spot
22+ to Catch
Position:
Seeker
Modifiers: + 2 (sharp eyes) + 2 (Natural Flyer) + 2 (Great Catch) + 3 (Advanced Flying) + 2 (Experience)
+ 7 Sighting
+ 7 Catch
Special Skills
Final Roll:
Post Number: 3/3 catch up

murruelecreuset rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:25 am
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Quidditch Pitch

David wasn't having any luck with tryouts this year. Maybe he'd have to settle for reserve. Okay that hurt to think about but still it sounded like the most likely. Why couldn't he caught a break?

With: Quidditch team

Wearing: Quidditch Uniform

OOC: 19+ = spot, (0/3 chasing) 22+ = catch (0/2 attempts)
Modifiers: +2 spotting, +2 catch, +2 dodge, +2 experience played, +3 advanced flying I & II
Special Skills: Sharp Eye, Great Catch, Deft Dodger
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life]

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

PropertyofGaara

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:57 pm
User Image

Meddlesome Spectator

"Are you alright?!" The nosy first year called as he came tumbling out of the stands and hurtling onto the field towards the downed player. It was true that she was actually the one hitting the most other players, but that didn't mean she deserved to be ignored when she was probably in serious pain. After being horrified at seeing the first bludger connect, Wren had tried to fool himself that maybe it was lighter than it looked - maybe they had pain eliminating magic. Only that was pretty hard to believe while witnessing contorted faces and listening to yelps and howls. He'd seen some blood spurt from her face even from a distance - he couldn't help a hand from raising over his mouth when he saw her disfigured nose generously streaming crimson. "Why hasn't the captain called a time-out? You wizards are mad!" As tempting as it was to release a torrent of verbation berating their sport, he immediately bended his knee to offer her his shoulder. "I'll help you to the nurse." It was true he wouldn't be able to keep watching Tanya if he took this other girl - he may not make it back by the end of try outs... and with this girl out for the count, it was more likely Tanya would get hit by a bludger, wasn't it? He'd almost screamed himself when she took that hit to the arm --if anything worse were to happen... well, too late, he'd already made the offer and he surely wasn't going to retract it - but he did feel the bite of doubt ebbing into his resolve.

User Image

mc2

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:17 pm
User Image
User Image

Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 13
Year at Hogwarts: 3rd year
Height: 5'5"

Wait who is he?

Ronna glanced up surprised to see as someone rushed to her side- someone who wasn't trying out. Was he even in there house? She knitted her brows a bit perplexed as she held her nose with her right hand. Her left shoulder was throbbing, and she felt a bit lightheaded. "Time-out?" She managed. "It isn't that big of a deal. I mean sure it hurts like Hell, but I was able to land safely so it's not that big of a deal. It's not like anything is life threatening."

She glanced around, though, curious why Jacob, the vice captain, or Elli, the captain hadn't investigated. Sure she hadn't made a big scene about it but still... "And, I'm staying here till the end of try-outs, broken nose, welt on the thigh, and whatever is going on with my left shoulder or not. I want to see the outcome in the end. Besides, a few injuries and a little blood is normal in try-outs. It isn't like the Captain should be that worried and it's not like real games are called for time outs over something like this."

She was actually half surprised when she realized there was a hint of anger in her voice as she spoke up on behalf of Elli. Maybe her checking up on Ronna would have been nice but Elli had a lot to focus on and Ronna hadn't exactly scored points with Elli last year. Suddenly Ronna frowned and said, "Wait, are you even in our house?" She let out a laugh and said sure she must have just missed him in the sorting feast being sent to her house, "Sorry, that's ridiculous... but you know first years can try out too."

Doing: At the Quidditch Pitch for Try-outs
[Wearing: Try-Out Clothes]

Position: Beater/Red Team
Aiming at:
Roll:
People Hit: 6
Bludgers Blocked: 1

AC: 10 +1 (years playing) + 1 (Advance Flying I) +2 (Deft Dodger) +2 (Natural Flyer)=16
Modifiers: +2 Hit Bludger, +2 Avoiding Bludgers, +2 Flying +2 (1 year quidditch team and Advance Flying I) -3 (loss lives)
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
Lives: [X] [X] [X]

PropertyofGaara

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:29 pm
User Image

User Image

♫ Pureblood ♫ Chaser ♫ Dating Cameron Rowley ♫

۩I love this гєς๏г๔ baby, but I can't see รҭгคเﻮђҭ anymore.۩
                                                            ۩Just ∂คภςє, Gonna be ๏кคұ.۩

Elli had been watching the try outs silently from her broom. Jacob was of course doing well. The beaters all seemed to be beating the chiz out of eachother and her chasers were doing well too. It wasn't going to be an easy decision but it was one she would have to make. She turned her eyes to her notes for a couple minutes and when she looked back up, Ronna was bloody and on the ground. She raised an eyebrow and shot to the ground quickly.

As she landed, she heard the first year offer to take the girl to the hospital wing and then the girl refuse to go. She gently patted the boys head and tossed a healing potion towards Ronna.
                                                            "Bottoms up!" She said with a smirk. "When you're feeling up to it, get back up there." She looked at the rest of team and offered Ronna a smile before heading back up to continue her analysis.

OOC: Position: Chaser
                                                            AC: 18
                                                            Modifiers: (+8 for shots) (+8 for steals)
                                                            Special Skills: Good Arm, Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe
                                                            Life 1 Life 2 Life 3
                                                            Above AC steal
                                                            -/3

0-0

۩I can't гє๓є๓๒єг, but it's alright, I'm คใгเﻮђҭ.۩
                                                            ۩Just ∂คภςє, Gonna be ๏кคұ.۩

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:42 pm
User Image
User Image

Guess I wasn't wrong in having faith in Elli coming through with a healing potion.

Ronna glanced up when Elli called over to her bottoms up and laid a hand on the kid who inquired about her health. Elli hadn't mentioned healing potions this year, but she had figured Elli wouldn't leave them hanging either. She smiled through the pain, though her smile was covered mostly by her hand, and made her find a mouthful of blood, "Thanks." She caught the bottle with her left hand, wincing at the movement of her left shoulder and set the bottle on the ground and took a deep breath. She glanced over at Wren and said, "Besides, a good Captain wouldn't leave someone out to dry forever. It's a matter of having faith."

Sitting up she pinched her nose hoping to keep it straight and said before swallowing the potion, "Now, let's just hope my nose heals straight." She drank it, still holding her nose in place and didn't let her nose go as she waited for the potion to sink in. If she had broken her nose over something not so stupid as the fact she hadn't properly dodged a bludger in try-outs she wouldn't have been so worried about it healing without anyone ever knowing she had broken it in the first place. She closed her eyes as she held her nose and letting out a sigh of relief as the pain eased out of her body from the bludger hits she had gotten.

Aiming at:
Roll:

AC: 10 +1 (years playing) + 1 (Advance Flying I) +2 (Deft Dodger) +2 (Natural Flyer)=16
Modifiers: +2 Hit Bludger, +2 Avoiding Bludgers, +2 Flying +2 (1 year quidditch team and Advance Flying I)
Lives: [O] [O] [O] (Healing)

PropertyofGaara
XxXDevil-Chan

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

PropertyofGaara

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:02 pm
User Image

Meddlesome Spectator

Some how she'd made him feel really stupid, like he was overreacting - only he was darned sure that by his own standards he wasn't. This girl was definitely made of tougher stuff than he was. Well great, just his luck to agitate the injured player while trying to offer help - maybe he'd get himself chased off the field for harassment now. "Just because it doesn't kill you doesn't mean it'll make you stronger." He shook his head with incredulity, amazed she had no fear of broken limbs. "I hope at 'real games' they have medics waiting on the side lines, then."

Wren coughed and kicked at the dirt evasively as the subject of houses came up. But as if to answer all his questions, the captain herself descended upon the pair and tossed the trooper next to him a - a healing potion? Wren watched in stupefied silence as she drank it down and voila - injuries gone. Well, that would explain pretty much everything. Why people would be willing to risk breaking limbs to play the game - if they could just be magically healed in an instant by drinking a drink. He should've figured that was possible. Still, the pain seemed like a pretty good deterrent to him - even if he had flown a foot off the ground before or had a basic grasp on the rules of the game, he doubted he'd be signing up to try out any time soon. He waved to the no-longer-injured girl, still in a bewildered haze. "Go get 'em." He said listlessly.

He shuffled his feet nervously as he stood next to the captain. Great. He really had brought on the attention of the one person he'd been vaguely trying to skirt around. He felt like he should say 'thanks', but should he really bring any more attention to himself by inviting conversation? Instead he nodded politely to her and kept glancing at her occasionally out of the corner of his eyes as he looked back up at the game.

User Image

mc2

XxXDevil-Chan

The Forgotten Weasley rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:30 pm
I don't patronize, I realize
I'm losing and this is my real life
I am half asleep, and I am wide awake
This habit is always so hard to break
I don't want to be the bad guy
I've been blaming myself and I think you know why
I'm counting time, and time's counting you
Every way that I do

User Image
Tobias Philemon Walsh
- Halfblood Gryffindor - Third Year - Twin -
[feeling: hopeful] [thinking: things better go smoother than last year...] [with: Gryffindor Team] [at: Tryouts]

Toby was shocked that Ronna had gone down before him, he had thought she was in better shape... but he'd been hanging on the outskirts for a while now. He decided to throw caution to the wind and recklessly aimed at Xavier. If someone blocked this he going to scream like a girl. Okay, probably not, but he'd be very irate.

I just can't decide what I'm running from.

GOLD TEAM
Position: Trying Out for Beater
AC: 14
Mods: +1 Bludger Hits (-3 Due to 3 Lives Lost)
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Dang Healthy, Mean Swing
Lives: (X)

Did you say "please just follow me?"
I thought you wanted me
'Cause I want you all to myself
I can try to suck it up
I just can't suck it up
Make me feel like someone else
Please just follow me
I thought you wanted me

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:33 pm
User Image
User Image

Good... I feel healed.

Ronna let go of her nose as she felt it solidify in place. She was so focused on keeping her nose straight she didn't notice Wren's evasiveness when she mentioned the subject of houses-it would have tipped her off something was off- but instead she had missed it her mind elsewhere. She pulled up her tank top and wiped the blood off her face and said, "It's more about testing my limits for me and supporting my house in any way I can. Besides, the likelihood of me getting on the team-even as reserve- this year is slim. And, in actual games they do have medics waiting, and the actual games usually are less brutal than try-outs."

She let go of her tank top and said to Wren, "My nose is straight, right?" She laughed as she picked up her broom and said, "Guess now isn't the time to worry about that right? Thanks for the good luck wishes." She smiled stretching her left shoulder that had bothered her before and was happy to feel it move smoothly and it didn't pop this time. As she mounted her broom and rose into the sky, rejoining the try-outs she wondered if her lucky streak would hold out. Of course, she wondered if being the first one to be knocked off her broom would exactly be considered lucky-and she had broken her nose and her tank top was ruined unless she was ambitious enough to use cleaning charms on it to get the blood out, which she probably wasn't, since it was a fairly cheap black tank, comfy but not something worth that much effort necessarily.

She took in a deep breath of the air through her nose and let it out of her mouth and then scanned the field and sky around her, re-acclimatizing to what was going on around her and calculating her next move.

Aiming at:
Roll:
Lost All Lives: 1 time (healed with healing potion)

Modifiers: +2 Hit Bludger, +2 Avoiding Bludgers, +2 Flying +2 (1 year quidditch team and Advance Flying I)
Lives: [O] [O] [O] (Healing)

PropertyofGaara
XxXDevil-Chan

Sir Spazalots rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:57 pm
User Image
User Image
                        Just me, myself, and I
                        Just me, myself, and I

Eun was within reach of the small golden ball. "Come on!" he said as he reached out swiping for the Snitch. He hoped he could get the small golden ball again.

I'd come back swinging

Team Gold
19+ to Spot
22+ to Catch
Position:
Seeker
+ 7 Sighting
+ 7 Catch
Special Skills
Final Roll: 27
Post Number: 1/2 catch attempt
CAUGHT

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:02 pm
User Image
User Image
                        Just me, myself, and I
                        Just me, myself, and I

Eun's fingers closed on the small golden ball. He smiled widely. "I caught the Snitch!" he said as he held up the fluttering small ball. He smiled and looked at Elli. He had caught twice now, this time before David had even seen it. Could this be Eun's year? He was happy. Or now at least.

I'd come back swinging

Team Gold
19+ to Spot
22+ to Catch
Position:
Seeker
+ 7 Sighting
+ 7 Catch
Special Skills
Final Roll:
Post Number: 1/2 catch attempt
CAUGHT
[  
Sir Spazalots rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:13 pm
User Image
User Image

Keith grumbled as he missed another shot! He flew after another bludger and aimed at Toby. "Come on!" he said as he swung the bat.

Team Red
Position: Beater
AC: 10 + 3 (4 years + 1 year due to MTA) + 2 (Deft Dodger) + 2 (natural Flyer) = 17
Modifiers: +5 - 1 Health
Aiming at: Toby
Final Roll: 22

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Xistund rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)

Xistund

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:26 pm
User Image

I've paid my duesTime after time.
I've done my sentenceBut committed no crime.
And bad mistakes ‒I've made a few.
I've had my share of sand kicked in my face
But I've come through.

I am the champion, my friend,
And I'll keep on fighting 'til the end.
I am the champion.No time for losers
'Cause I am the champion of the world.

Tevye needed to get his head in the game. He needed to be more active he needed to be more things that he was not feeling right now. What was wrong with him he seemed to have no drive that he would have now. He moved after a bludger and tried to hit it to Tobias. Maybe if he hit someone he would feel more like playing like he normally would.

I've taken my bowsAnd my curtain calls
You brought me fame and fortune and everything that goes with it
I thank you all
But it's been no bed of rosesNo pleasure cruise.
I consider it a challenge before the whole human race
And I ain't gonna lose.

Position: Beater
AC: 19
Modifiers: +9 to AC, +5 to Hit.
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Dang Healthy
Lives: [] [] [] []  
Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 260 261 262 263 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games