Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
The topic which rapidly degenerated... [MISC] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 103 104 105 106 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:30 pm
[Finrod]
Yesterday, I had it re-emphasised to me by the laws of physics that hitting the front brake on a bicycle while cycling downhill at speed is a really poor idea. sad

(Me picking up speed to get up the next hill + small blind spot where a car might be = car actually there and me slamming on an emergency stop. Turns out my recently acquired second-hand bike actually has disc brakes at the front)

Apparently my front flip over the handle-bars was quite dramatic - I suppose I was lucky to get away with some grazes (the bleeding stopped within a few hours) and one ripped suit.

My best, most expensive suit, naturally. crying

Oh well. At least it was on the way home from work.

Somewhat more dramatic than freshers flu.

Everyone seems to have started now. I still have a week before I even leave.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:38 pm
Foetus In Fetu
Freshers flu.

More of a cold though really.

Same.

b***h, isn't it?

Nebelstern
Crew

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:48 pm
Nebelstern
Foetus In Fetu
Freshers flu.

More of a cold though really.

Same.

b***h, isn't it?

Yes.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:28 am
*Wanders in with Lemsip loaded ammunition belts*

(Even though I personally can't stand Lemsip? Yep. Anything's better than the garlic based cough-syrup I made after reading a medieval remedy book in Year 7, though.)

I've still got a week until I go as well. Excitement mixed with nerves, stilled with boredom. Reading inordinate amounts.

And typing inordinate amounts... I finally answered in the politics subforum, Finrod! (One day, the special task force for the proper detainment of people who don't do things when they should will come for me, and rightfully so.) I should probably add an arm's length of disclaimers to it, but it'll become apparent... sweatdrop

Hmm, the London meeting thing appears to be in six hours or so.
*Checks train times*  

Heterodyne

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:31 am
Heterodyne
*Wanders in with Lemsip loaded ammunition belts*

I'm using a combination of paracetamol, Hall's blackcurrant soothers and rest.

I have a feeling my ailments stem from lack of sleep, too much alcohol and lack of fruit/vegetables.

Bah, I start my course tomorrow and I still haven't got my Romanticism anthology!
crying  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:08 pm
Nebelstern
Creatio ex Nihilo
Nebelstern
I imagine that inhaling any liquid isn't overly pleasant... sweatdrop

Well...yes, of course but the wine stang my throat... sad Oh well...any news? How's uni? Or whatever it is you're doing..

It's going well actually, I'm in Kent and meeting some new people at the same time as getting absolutely plastered every night on copious amounts of...er...wine. rolleyes

Ah, Kent..Vampire Queen (Georgina) wants to go there and do astrophyisics.. Meh..School's a bum.. -__- What subjects are you studying? Say..I remember we used to speak a bit via PM, but my school's blocked that...any chance of chatting over msn?  

Creatio ex Nihilo

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:35 am
Creatio ex Nihilo
Nebelstern
Creatio ex Nihilo
Nebelstern
I imagine that inhaling any liquid isn't overly pleasant... sweatdrop

Well...yes, of course but the wine stang my throat... sad Oh well...any news? How's uni? Or whatever it is you're doing..

It's going well actually, I'm in Kent and meeting some new people at the same time as getting absolutely plastered every night on copious amounts of...er...wine. rolleyes

Ah, Kent..Vampire Queen (Georgina) wants to go there and do astrophyisics.. Meh..School's a bum.. -__- What subjects are you studying? Say..I remember we used to speak a bit via PM, but my school's blocked that...any chance of chatting over msn?

I'm just doing English and American Literature and Creative Writing, so the whole mix. Had my first seminar today and it basically focusses on making a sentence properly. Some module this is going to be. stare
Sure I'll PM my MSN address off at some point.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:45 am
Nebelstern
Had my first seminar today and it basically focusses on making a sentence properly. Some module this is going to be. stare

Dude... I just had a French class about conjugating THE PRESENT TENSE.

Don't complain.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:54 am
Foetus In Fetu
Nebelstern
Had my first seminar today and it basically focusses on making a sentence properly. Some module this is going to be. stare

Don't complain.

That's just patronising! gonk
Probably about your level too. =] xx  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:48 am
At least I can construct a sentence correctly.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:04 pm
Foetus In Fetu
Nebelstern

Don't complain.

I had a physics class when we had a displacement/time graph, and we had to obtain a velocity/time function by drawing a load of tangents to the graph, writing down their gradients in a table, graphing them, and trying to obtain a function for that by inspection (basically just guessing). Because apparently just differentiating is CHEATING, and calculus isn't supposed to be a part of the physics A level course, because it's too difficult or something. And A levels suck.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:13 pm
I did calculus in my physics AS...  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:20 pm
What board?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:22 pm
I think it was OCR.  

Foetus In Fetu
Vice Captain

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:24 pm
Okay. Remind me to do OCR when I do physics A level in my next incarnation.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 103 104 105 106 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games