Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
The Black Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:51 am
Couldnt sleep at all last night (yay jetlag~) so I decided to read shadows of treachery. Maybe its just me, but a lot of those stories are verrrrrrrrrry familiar as in, Ive read those before somewhere!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:07 pm
Unfortunately most of the stories have come from previous audio dramas. A few new ones from ADB and John French. There's also a Games Day exclusive story from last year, and one from the Horus Heresy art book.  

Angels Sonata

Fashionable Friend

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:16 am
The first story was boring. The last story tho, that one was okay tho I cant help but feel that ADB writes the same character over and over and over and over again!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:18 am
Shadows of Treachery is mostly a promise BL made years ago to publish their limited stuff in one format or the other for all to read. The Dark King and the Lightning Tower started out as a limited edition novella that got turned into an audio drama.

The Prince of Crows was okay, not as "hot" as many say it to be. A pity really.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Angels Sonata

Fashionable Friend

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:30 pm
Well that's Sword of Caledor finished, and it is freakin awesome. William King has written another fantastic story featuring the Elven Heroes, and when reading from Malekith's point of view, you get to see a different side to the simple destroy Ulthuan for what happened eons ago. He actually has a somewhat noble (in a way) purpose for doing what he is doing. He's also shown to be a very fair ruler.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 5:40 am
Still waiting on the much-loved (not really) Royal Mail to send me my copies of Pariah, the Emperor's Might and Brotherhood of the Storm. Here's hoping that one is €40,-- well spent. gonk  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Angels Sonata

Fashionable Friend

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:54 pm
Sucks to hear that you still haven't received your books yet. I never liked the Royal Mail when it came to delivering books.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:49 am
Lt. Brookman
Brotherhood of the Storm.
If you could send me a synopsis of it whenever you receive it.. ninja  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:03 am
Lady Blodwynn
Lt. Brookman
Brotherhood of the Storm.
If you could send me a synopsis of it whenever you receive it.. ninja
Whenever I get it, I will.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:30 am
Well, Brotherhood of the Storm will dispatched to me by the end of the day, so it's another week or so before it reaches me. Fffffff- crying  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:01 am
Okay, got Brotherhood of the Storm yesterday, BL was playing tricks on my. Gave it a start yesterday and so far, eh, it's okay. Nothing too flash.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:26 am
I know there's a few aspiring writers in here, has anyone actually tried contacting Black Library to try and get something published?  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:31 am
Black Library doesn't exactly work like that. Either they contact you (or your agent), or for aspiring talent, you enter one of their (themed) annual writing contests that will see your short story published in a future anthology book and if you're lucky enough, get a contract to write full novels for them.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:56 am
Themed annual contests, you say? That sounds relatively promising, any further information on that, or a place I could find such?  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:04 am
DarkElf27
Themed annual contests, you say? That sounds relatively promising, any further information on that, or a place I could find such?
I think they already had one this year, or the last, themed around Chaos Space Marines IIRC.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games