Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
The Black Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:24 am
Angels Sonata
Lady Blodwynn
Angels Sonata
I missed out on the HH book. Still, Aurelian and Promethean Sun which are good enough for me :3
How could you miss it? It was on sale for a whole week? eek
Lack of funds for the week, I got paid the week after XP
Its best to just wait for a cheaper version to be released IMHO. So far its been one bad book and book that was okay.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:27 am
Vikki Stardust
Angels Sonata
Lady Blodwynn
Angels Sonata
I missed out on the HH book. Still, Aurelian and Promethean Sun which are good enough for me :3
Its best to just wait for a cheaper version to be released IMHO. So far its been one bad book and book that was okay.
That's how I'm going with this one. It's a shame that there wasn't a set amount of copies already made. They'd probably sell them off at events. I managed to get a copy of The Unkindness of Ravens at Games Day the other weekend.  

Angels Sonata

Fashionable Friend

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:57 am
Angels Sonata
Vikki Stardust
Angels Sonata
Lady Blodwynn
Angels Sonata
That's how I'm going with this one. It's a shame that there wasn't a set amount of copies already made. They'd probably sell them off at events. I managed to get a copy of The Unkindness of Ravens at Games Day the other weekend.
Whats that? Another novella?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:06 am
Vikki Stardust
Angels Sonata
Vikki Stardust
Angels Sonata
Lady Blodwynn
Angels Sonata
Yeah it was released earlier this year. Its the last in the series regarding the Brazen Minotaurs and the Raven Guard written by George Mann. The other stories in the series include Helion Rain and Labyrinth of Sorrows.  

Angels Sonata

Fashionable Friend

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:40 am
Angels Sonata
Vikki Stardust
Angels Sonata
Vikki Stardust
Angels Sonata
Yeah it was released earlier this year. Its the last in the series regarding the Brazen Minotaurs and the Raven Guard written by George Mann. The other stories in the series include Helion Rain and Labyrinth of Sorrows.
Boring! sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:45 am
Vikki Stardust
Angels Sonata
Vikki Stardust
Angels Sonata
Vikki Stardust
Angels Sonata
Boring! sweatdrop
It's not so bad. There are some awesome pieces of artwork included.  

Angels Sonata

Fashionable Friend

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:47 pm
Angels Sonata
Vikki Stardust
Angels Sonata
Vikki Stardust
Angels Sonata
Boring! sweatdrop
dunno if that justifies the price tag tho gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:50 pm
Vikki Stardust
Angels Sonata
Vikki Stardust
Angels Sonata
Vikki Stardust
Angels Sonata
Boring! sweatdrop
dunno if that justifies the price tag tho gonk
Yeah that's true, though you could say that about most things these days.  

Angels Sonata

Fashionable Friend

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:16 am
Angels Sonata
The limited novellas in particular are a cheap cash-in that preys upon a loyal fan base.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:12 am
Lady Blodwynn
Angels Sonata
The limited novellas in particular are a cheap cash-in that preys upon a loyal fan base.
Guilty! sweatdrop

Yeah, it is a shameless display of money-grubbing, but keep in mind that these novellas do not withhold any important information pertaining to 40k lore. You do NOT have to read these just in case it is referenced later in a different, more mainstream novel. They add little bits and bobs to the bigger picture, which I do appreciate.

As before, the Kyme novella was a bit of a let down, while the Dembski-Bowden novella was ace and really did add an extra layer of flavour to the First Heretic. Then again, the Kyme story might actually mean something when we finally get a HH Salamanders novel! Slowly but certainly we're getting to those other legions, the ones that haven't been featured yet.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Angels Sonata

Fashionable Friend

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:24 am
Well we have a HH book being released next year by Nick Kyme that focuses on the Salamanders. While I don't think it adds anything, Promethean Sun did give us an insight to Vulkan's upbringing and the fateful night he took on the Dark Eldar. It also works as a double to the story he released in the Primarchs anthology Feat of Iron.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 1:24 pm
I dun gots me a bunch of black library publications on sunday! biggrin
I bought , thousands sons, fear to tread, the second Blood Angels Omnibus and the Agents of the Emperor art book!  

Orkronos

Gracious Sex Symbol

6,575 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:14 am
A Thousand Sons in particular is a most rewarding read. And I take it that the Agents of the Emperor book is the Emperor's Will?  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2012 1:23 pm
Well that's Pariah finished, and it was bloody awesome! Mystery, intrigue and a bit of humour thrown in here and there for good measure. It's a shame that there will be another year before Penitent, the second book in the Bequin trilogy.

As for the bundle of books you've brought there are some good choices. Thousand Sons is a brilliant story, and the second Blood Angels Omnibus is also a good collection of stories.  

Angels Sonata

Fashionable Friend

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Angels Sonata

Fashionable Friend

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:09 am
Well that's the Unkindness of Ravens finished, now to find another book to read. It will either be the Games Day anthology, or Sword of Caledor.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games