Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Ineffable Experiences. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:06 am
rmcdra
Byaggha
Gho the Girl
Had a brain wave awhile back, tell me what you think:

If Jesus can be considered a Bodhisattva, why shouldn't Siddhartha be considered a Saint?
You know, I think you'd have to ask your people that. But some there may have issues with the 'no need for deity' thing, unless they link the spark of Buddhahood we all have to the concept of God you've been bouncing around here. 3nodding
Personally I don't have a problem with considering him a Saint along with a few other Christians I know.

But I know that many Churches do have issues with this because they reserve sainthood for the "best of the best Christians". Since Siddhartha wasn't a Christian, (or rather a Catholic or Orthodoxy), he's not even eligible.
Buddha taught the need for loving kindness. That's very Christian.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:10 am
Gho the Girl
rmcdra
Byaggha
Gho the Girl

If Jesus can be considered a Bodhisattva, why shouldn't Siddhartha be considered a Saint?
You know, I think you'd have to ask your people that. But some there may have issues with the 'no need for deity' thing, unless they link the spark of Buddhahood we all have to the concept of God you've been bouncing around here. 3nodding
Personally I don't have a problem with considering him a Saint along with a few other Christians I know.

But I know that many Churches do have issues with this because they reserve sainthood for the "best of the best Christians". Since Siddhartha wasn't a Christian, (or rather a Catholic or Orthodoxy), he's not even eligible.
But he didn't believe in a personal God and the Catholics and Orthodox, the ones that canonize saints, require that belief to be Christian. He was just a virtuous pagan who was close but no cigar. Doesn't mean he didn't go to heaven, just means they think he went to purgatory first like everyone who lives a good life will go, Christian or not. Saints basically are those who skipped the purgatory step, or that's what Noora says anyway.

Have you looked at how the canonization process? I know even if I was a saint, I'd never be recognized by them as one since I teach things against the orthodoxy.  

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

CuAnnan

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:14 pm
Depression, it shapes belief.
Coming through it shears off everything but the Truth we glean from Revelation.
What I believe is real. But filtered through the lens of being a subjective entity.
I know the Truth. I have seen it. But what I saw was me seeing it, so I did not see "the Truth". I saw "the Truth as I saw it".  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:25 pm
CuAnnan
What I believe is real. But filtered through the lens of being a subjective entity.
I know the Truth. I have seen it. But what I saw was me seeing it, so I did not see "the Truth". I saw "the Truth as I saw it".

I know that feeling all too well. sad The first big step out of it is being able to recognize the difference.  

AvalonAuggie

4,050 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:51 pm
So, you all get to laugh at me.

While in the shower, I was thinking about the purposeful objects I create, and how I've got a certain method I go about it.

So when I got out, it crossed my mind that I looked all clean, when it hit me that I thought the exact same thing every time I cleansed something to become a purposeful object. And that if I wanted, I could do the exact same process with myself, and be a purposeful object.

Yeah, that's right. It only took me my whole life to figure it out.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 5:10 am
AniMajor

While in the shower, I was thinking about the purposeful objects I create, and how I've got a certain method I go about it.

So when I got out, it crossed my mind that I looked all clean, when it hit me that I thought the exact same thing every time I cleansed something to become a purposeful object. And that if I wanted, I could do the exact same process with myself, and be a purposeful object.

Why would we laugh at you for that?

Spiritual realisation isn't quick and easy. It's often hard and slow. We may think we get something, but for us to REALLY GET SOMETHING it might take much longer.

Instead of feeling ashamed of how slow you think you go, take satisfaction in how far you've come.  

Gho the Girl

aoijea23487

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 10:11 pm
I feel like I have been biking up a hill, and I am so close to the top, and the last few feet before the top is generally the toughest part of the climb.

And then there is the top--apex, stillness, relief, realization--and then easy coasting down to the bottom.

I am at the cusp of something.  
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 12:34 pm
AvalonAuggie
CuAnnan

I know that feeling all too well. sad The first big step out of it is being able to recognize the difference.

Stepping out of the subjective condition is about as easy as stepping out of your own body. Is it a condition to be rectified or adapted to? Is there a day when I will look back and say, "Ah yes, now I know the Truth," or is this life spent in constant refinement of a conception of something that, hopefully, grows closer to the Truth the more I See?  

FlySammyJ

Liberal Dabbler

FlySammyJ

Liberal Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 12:40 pm
Gho the Girl
AniMajor

Why would we laugh at you for that?

Spiritual realisation isn't quick and easy. It's often hard and slow. We may think we get something, but for us to REALLY GET SOMETHING it might take much longer.

Instead of feeling ashamed of how slow you think you go, take satisfaction in how far you've come.

I didn't start caring for my body in a ritual fashion for a long time after I started tending to objects I saw as sacred. It's a habit one has to get into, perhaps, but nowadays my corporal vessel is my favorite of those objects, and I spend by far the most time sanctifying it. After I'd been told my whole life that my body should be a temple, it wasn't until I saw it as the temple to my own soul that I started cleaning and maintaining it with the same thorough mindfulness that I give to the tools and stones and feathers I've collected.  
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:25 pm
Dear God. Thank you for these days. Thank you for misfortunes that make me grow. Thank you for lessons in new places. Thank you for serenity. Please help me keep a face of Welcome, and turn my ear to that of the Holy spirit.

Dear St. Siddhartha. Thank you for having the courage to give your teachings. Thank you for exemplifying divinity and humanity.

Amen.  

Gho the Girl

Brass Bell Doll

3,750 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 4:31 pm
rmcdra
Gho the Girl
rmcdra
Byaggha
Gho the Girl

But he didn't believe in a personal God and the Catholics and Orthodox, the ones that canonize saints, require that belief to be Christian. He was just a virtuous pagan who was close but no cigar. Doesn't mean he didn't go to heaven, just means they think he went to purgatory first like everyone who lives a good life will go, Christian or not. Saints basically are those who skipped the purgatory step, or that's what Noora says anyway.

Have you looked at how the canonization process? I know even if I was a saint, I'd never be recognized by them as one since I teach things against the orthodoxy.

The Catholic Priest I spoke to this morning about Purgatory stated that even Saints experience Purgatory. I believe the reasoning behind it is that since purgatory is a process of purification that allows unity with God, that only someone who was perfect would be able to skip it- and since not even Saints are perfect, but are perfected through grace, even they undergo the process.  
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 3:49 pm
Getting old is getting old. 3nodding  

Fiddlers Green

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 5:01 pm
Fiddlers Green
Getting old is getting old. 3nodding

I still feel like I'm constantly being told that I'm so young.  
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 7:22 pm
I thought that all that teenage anger at the world was supposed to go away when I grew up, or at least turn into something productive.

Instead, I still want to force the world to change to my ideals, possibly with the use of fire.  

AniMajor

8,000 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Mark Twain 100

FlySammyJ

Liberal Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 10:15 pm
...did you really set me free? Just like that?

Is this a trick?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces