Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

aoijea23487

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:14 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
Oi.

Don't hurt your head! See if you can get her head to explode first wink .

ughughugh i have all these stressful feelings inside D:<

i replied along the lines of "wikipedia's list of racial slurs and the Racial Slur Database disagree with you, and your argument is based on nothing but logically fallacious appeals and non sequitur on the bit about Wiccan Rede"

according to Wiccan FAQ, the Rede does not prohibit Wiccans from hexing people.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:34 pm
Illiezeulette
Violet Song jat Shariff
Oi.

Don't hurt your head! See if you can get her head to explode first wink .

ughughugh i have all these stressful feelings inside D:<

i replied along the lines of "wikipedia's list of racial slurs and the Racial Slur Database disagree with you, and your argument is based on nothing but logically fallacious appeals and non sequitur on the bit about Wiccan Rede"

according to Wiccan FAQ, the Rede does not prohibit Wiccans from hexing people.

I try to stay far, far away from YouTube and its discussions. I've heard horror stories from other folks about the quality of conversation there, and I can't bring myself to be exposed to it xd I commend you on your perseverance.

And that would be correct 3nodding .  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

aoijea23487

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:06 am
Violet Song jat Shariff
I try to stay far, far away from YouTube and its discussions. I've heard horror stories from other folks about the quality of conversation there, and I can't bring myself to be exposed to it xd I commend you on your perseverance.

i unsubscribed from three people today.

two think that "Christian Wicca" is valid (one is really pompous for no reason, the other one is pompous with an appeal to authority on her degree in religion).

the third is following some bullshit-itarianism called ovo-veganism [and refused to discuss it with me or listen to my arguments] and was fawning over her super luxurious suede leather Book of Shadows she bought. i want to slam my head against the wall. does she comprehend what "vegan" means?! UGHH. she's also a proud PeTA supporter =/ it was on her video that pro-g~-usage lady attacked me.

yet there is still hope. i'm contemplating subscribing to two other people. one is a 3rd degree trad Wiccan and another is a supposedly very knowledgable Thelemite, who i did see make an appeal to authority but his slamming of pompous-for-no-reason guy was just epic enough to overlook it.

so, if Wiccans can hex, how is someone of the Rroma more of a danger to me than a Wiccan? i really don't think the Rede applies at all in this situation... thus, the non-sequitur. i'll be amazed if she knows what that means.

edit: apparently calling out someone's logical fallacies is conducive for negative energy? and i'm a troll? since when did Native Americans embrace the term "Indian?" i thought they didn't like it. i'm not a pro on Hinduism, is she right? or do Hindus call themselves something different?

Quote:
Illiezeulette ~ *Don't* Bring Your Negativity Here! Charming Pixie Flora's Channel Is High~Vibrational & *TROLLS* Are Not Welcome! Columbus Was On His Way To India When He Sailed Here & Named America's Natives *Indians* ~ That Was Absurd ~They Were Not From India! It Was Later Embraced By Native Americans! Foreigners Invented The Names Hindu & Hinduism ~ Now Those Names Are Fully Embraced In India! The Title *G~* Is NOW Proudly EMBRACED By The G~s & Romani! ~*~ Blessed Be! )O( ~*~

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:32 am
Illiezeulette

two think that "Christian Wicca" is valid (one is really pompous for no reason, the other one is pompous with an appeal to authority on her degree in religion).

*shudders*
I recall hearing a bit about that battle going on over there.

I'm only subscribed to one channel on YT, and it's a pretty random channel, even for me xd It's kind of old too; the person hasn't logged onto it in like 10 months.
Quote:
the third is following some bullshit-itarianism called ovo-veganism [and refused to discuss it with me or listen to my arguments] and was fawning over her super luxurious suede leather Book of Shadows she bought. i want to slam my head against the wall. does she comprehend what "vegan" means?! UGHH. she's also a proud PeTA supporter =/ it was on her video that pro-g~-usage lady attacked me.

Wouldn't it be more correct for her to call herself ovo-vegetarian? Hm.
But "vegan" sounds cooler and is easier to spell than "vegetarian"!!

Quote:
yet there is still hope. i'm contemplating subscribing to two other people. one is a 3rd degree trad Wiccan and another is a supposedly very knowledgable Thelemite, who i did see make an appeal to authority but his slamming of pompous-for-no-reason guy was just epic enough to overlook it.

Oh what tradition is the third degree an initiate of? That might be worth subscribing to.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

aoijea23487

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:43 am
Violet Song jat Shariff

yes, ovo-vegetarian would be the correct term. she says she's vegan because she's lactose intolerant and only eats eggs from her friends' chickens. which is not what veganism is about. veganism calls for the aboliton of animals-as-property status and rejects the use and/or killing of them for any reason except survival. not a label for lactose intolerance.

also, apparently i am a troll and spread negativity because i call people out on their fallacies.

Quote:
Oh what tradition is the third degree an initiate of? That might be worth subscribing to.

not sure which tradition. his video is here.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:55 am
Illiezeulette
Violet Song jat Shariff

yes, ovo-vegetarian would be the correct term. she says she's vegan because she's lactose intolerant and only eats eggs from her friends' chickens. which is not what veganism is about. veganism calls for the aboliton of animals-as-property status and rejects the use and/or killing of them for any reason except survival. not a label for lactose intolerance.

also, apparently i am a troll and spread negativity because i call people out on their fallacies.

So vegans are against people having pets?
Sorry if that's a silly question; the only definition I've ever gotten of "Vegan" is someone who eats no animal products or by-products at all.

*comforts*

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks!  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Collowrath

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:01 am
Illiezeulette
Quote:

I just love that the video starts with the Greek intro music from Age of Mythology. =D  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 7:35 am
Illiezeulette

Quote:
Illiezeulette ~ *Don't* Bring Your Negativity Here! Charming Pixie Flora's Channel Is High~Vibrational & *TROLLS* Are Not Welcome! Columbus Was On His Way To India When He Sailed Here & Named America's Natives *Indians* ~ That Was Absurd ~They Were Not From India! It Was Later Embraced By Native Americans! Foreigners Invented The Names Hindu & Hinduism ~ Now Those Names Are Fully Embraced In India! The Title *G~* Is NOW Proudly EMBRACED By The G~s & Romani! ~*~ Blessed Be! ) ( ~*~

Technically, Columbus was trying to sail his way to the Far East and he crashed onto another continent that he didn't know was there.

Ugh. That's silly. How come every Native that has ever come to my schools when I was younger and when in residence, they had their pow wows near us, they didn't like being called "Indians"?

Also, in a sense, we were kind of forced to take on Hindu and Hinduism. Why? Hindu is never seen in the Vedas, the core scriptures. What is used is Arya and Ayrans. Yes, the same word that the Nazis ******** up and screwed over. If Hitler didn't use the word, the country known right now as India may have been called "Arya".

Arya, in Vedic, means noble, enlightened.  

Wrath of Ezekiel

5,350 Points
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Recursive Paradox

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:31 am
Youtube is a festering sore of stupid on the internet. And that is saying something.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 10:52 am
It may just be a Canadian thing, but here, you don't go ******** calling Natives Indians. They're Natives or Aboriginals. So go tell that person they're eating a crock of s**t.

It's like Eskimo. Don't ******** call Canadian Inuit Eskimo, that pisses them off, but I believe some peoples in Alaska are ok with it.  

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200

Collowrath

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:15 am
Celeblin Galadeneryn
It may just be a Canadian thing, but here, you don't go ******** calling Natives Indians. They're Natives or Aboriginals. So go tell that person they're eating a crock of s**t.

It's like Eskimo. Don't ******** call Canadian Inuit Eskimo, that pisses them off, but I believe some peoples in Alaska are ok with it.

Largely, in the US, "Indian" is acceptable but only because most people don't know better. Usually, they will prefer Native or Indigenous. Aboriginal is usually either an unknown term or is taken pretty negatively - I'm not sure where the negativity comes from.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:47 am
Illiezeulette
Violet Song jat Shariff

so, if Wiccans can hex, how is someone of the Rroma more of a danger to me than a Wiccan? i really don't think the Rede applies at all in this situation... thus, the non-sequitur. i'll be amazed if she knows what that means.

edit: apparently calling out someone's logical fallacies is conducive for negative energy? and i'm a troll? since when did Native Americans embrace the term "Indian?" i thought they didn't like it. i'm not a pro on Hinduism, is she right? or do Hindus call themselves something different?

Quote:
Illiezeulette ~ *Don't* Bring Your Negativity Here! Charming Pixie Flora's Channel Is High~Vibrational & *TROLLS* Are Not Welcome! Columbus Was On His Way To India When He Sailed Here & Named America's Natives *Indians* ~ That Was Absurd ~They Were Not From India! It Was Later Embraced By Native Americans! Foreigners Invented The Names Hindu & Hinduism ~ Now Those Names Are Fully Embraced In India! The Title *G~* Is NOW Proudly EMBRACED By The G~s & Romani! ~*~ Blessed Be! )O( ~*~

Can I see the users you unsubscribed from and the videos that made you do it?

I've been involved in youtube drama recently too... kinda. Tannhaus has been arguing with an 'agnostic theistic wiccan' for a week or two. Tannhaus and Frater Oz are the only series I really watch (aside from comedy, like CAUTIONARY TALES OF SWORDS.)  

Nattfodd

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:26 pm
Collowrath
Celeblin Galadeneryn

Largely, in the US, "Indian" is acceptable but only because most people don't know better. Usually, they will prefer Native or Indigenous. Aboriginal is usually either an unknown term or is taken pretty negatively - I'm not sure where the negativity comes from.
Could be from the same place where Australian Aboriginals sometimes don't like the term because of Aboriginee.

We actually have an even better word for them: First Nations. This term however doesn't cover Inuit and some other Northern Tribes.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:12 pm
I got hacked on the 11th. Almost all of my MCs and Cash Shop Items were sold on the marketplace and the money taken. It's kind of sad. I've been building up this account since I was in 10th grade.  

RedRoseSpiral

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:29 pm
RedRoseSpiral
I got hacked on the 11th. Almost all of my MCs and Cash Shop Items were sold on the marketplace and the money taken. It's kind of sad. I've been building up this account since I was in 10th grade.

Oh man, that sucks. I'm lucky that when I was hacked I was able to get my account locked down.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games