Welcome to Gaia! ::

POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying guild focused on fun and entertainment! We try to keep our members in mind in everything we do! 

Tags: Pokemon, Roleplay, RPing, Gaming, Revolution 

Reply POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ
Questions, Comments, and Concerns Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:40 pm
So "Paper Lantern: An illuminating lantern that summons ghost pokemon at level 10 for 24 hours. "

Does that mean ANY ghost Pokemon, not just first stage like incenses? How about special ghosts like Spiritomb or say Dusknoir which needs trading to usually be obtained?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:11 pm
Shadow - Dragon
So "Paper Lantern: An illuminating lantern that summons ghost pokemon at level 10 for 24 hours. "

Does that mean ANY ghost Pokemon, not just first stage like incenses? How about special ghosts like Spiritomb or say Dusknoir which needs trading to usually be obtained?

Any ghost pokemon, any stage, so long as it's not a legendary; that's what makes it different from the mysterious incense with a ghost typing rolled : )  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:08 am
Does this ability work with confusion as well as poison/burn/paralyze? What about sleep?

Ability: Synchronize - if inflicted with status effect gives stat to foe as well  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:37 pm
Shadow - Dragon
Does this ability work with confusion as well as poison/burn/paralyze? What about sleep?

Ability: Synchronize - if inflicted with status effect gives stat to foe as well

I'm not quite sure what you're getting that description for that ability, because it's terribly unclear, and I don't blame you for your confusion, but if you look at our attack and ability list, it clears your questions up:

Synchronize: When this Pokémon becomes poisoned, paralyzed or burned, so does the opponent. However Fire Type Pokémon and those with Water Veil cannot be Burned. Poison & Steel Type Pokémon and those with Immunity cannot be Poisoned and those with the Limber Ability cannot be Paralyzed.

So Synchronize only works with poison, burn, and paralysis. That's how it works in the games, it's what's stated in bulbapedia, and so that's how it works in our guild.  

SpectralEternity

Crew

Angelic Guardian

43,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:46 pm
SpectralEternity
Shadow - Dragon

I'm not quite sure what you're getting that description for that ability, because it's terribly unclear, and I don't blame you for your confusion, but if you look at our attack and ability list, it clears your questions up:

Synchronize: When this Pokémon becomes poisoned, paralyzed or burned, so does the opponent. However Fire Type Pokémon and those with Water Veil cannot be Burned. Poison & Steel Type Pokémon and those with Immunity cannot be Poisoned and those with the Limber Ability cannot be Paralyzed.

So Synchronize only works with poison, burn, and paralysis. That's how it works in the games, it's what's stated in bulbapedia, and so that's how it works in our guild.

That's actually a good thing, I have a horde battle with Wingull who know supersonic and that in itself with six Pokemon would just confuse me too much.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:05 am
If you're in an area with lower level Pokemon and you RGN for a trainer's Pokemon could you just go with the first stage one?

An example would be if you were training lower level Pokemon in Santalune City and face off against a trainer who you RNG a level 10 Houndoom, since that's impossible, Houndour evolves at level 24 into Houndoom, can I just use a level 10 Houndour or are you forced to use Houndoom. It would just be a bit crazy to be battling against a level 10 Volcarona since they evolve at level 59  

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:05 am
Shadow - Dragon
If you're in an area with lower level Pokemon and you RGN for a trainer's Pokemon could you just go with the first stage one?

An example would be if you were training lower level Pokemon in Santalune City and face off against a trainer who you RNG a level 10 Houndoom, since that's impossible, Houndour evolves at level 24 into Houndoom, can I just use a level 10 Houndour or are you forced to use Houndoom. It would just be a bit crazy to be battling against a level 10 Volcarona since they evolve at level 59

Well, considering you can claim level 5 and 10 fully evolved pokemon, there would have to be some explanation for trainers having them. Since the purpose of the rng is just to make sure people aren't battling pokemon that benefit them most, you can probably go with a lower evolution, so long as you don't do so to benefit yourself. Just be sure to note in your post or the rng roll that that's what you did, so that it's clear what happened  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:26 pm
So there's achievements for DC Vs Marvel that requires catching 15 of each type, but there's nothing for having 15 normal type Pokemon, is that on purpose?  

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

CLCyrus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:53 pm
I'm pretty sure I asked this before, but since I can't remember, I'll ask again.

Are there any rules regarding regular members making events or mini-events? If I wanted to turn Mitsu's sister's movie premiere/after party into a sort of event for other members to attend, what would I need to do?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:06 pm
CLCyrus
I'm pretty sure I asked this before, but since I can't remember, I'll ask again.

Are there any rules regarding regular members making events or mini-events? If I wanted to turn Mitsu's sister's movie premiere/after party into a sort of event for other members to attend, what would I need to do?

There are no rules aside from the fact that you can't giveaway items or Pokemon, unless you wanted to hand out items or Pokemon that you already had on a character. If you want to make a mini event then that's fine, just advertise it in the OOC and if anyone is interested they'll let you know :0  

SpectralEternity

Crew

Angelic Guardian

43,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100

CLCyrus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:11 pm
SpectralEternity
There are no rules aside from the fact that you can't giveaway items or Pokemon, unless you wanted to hand out items or Pokemon that you already had on a character. If you want to make a mini event then that's fine, just advertise it in the OOC and if anyone is interested they'll let you know :0

That takes all the fun out of it....After parties hand out goodie bags, and making custom items would be fun. So, never mind. There's no point if I can't get creative with it.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:15 pm
CLCyrus
SpectralEternity

That takes all the fun out of it....After parties hand out goodie bags, and making custom items would be fun. So, never mind. There's no point if I can't get creative with it.

No one said you couldn't hand out goodie bags, they just can't be items that are for anything but RP purposes. Just because you can't hand out items doesn't mean you can't get creative. If you have ideas for guild items, you can suggest them at any time, and we might incorporate them in a guild event, giving credit where it was due. Aside from that, it's a perfectly reasonable rule, we can't have members running around and creating user run events with item giveaways everywhere unsupervised. If you would like to turn this into a legitimate event with giveaways and your own custom made items, that's fine as well, however you need to run it by the mods, and you need to have the event be open for anyone and everyone to join. Members have been, and are free to suggest events, items, and ideas any time they like.  

SpectralEternity

Crew

Angelic Guardian

43,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100

CLCyrus

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:36 pm
SpectralEternity
No one said you couldn't hand out goodie bags, they just can't be items that are for anything but RP purposes. Just because you can't hand out items doesn't mean you can't get creative. If you have ideas for guild items, you can suggest them at any time, and we might incorporate them in a guild event, giving credit where it was due. Aside from that, it's a perfectly reasonable rule, we can't have members running around and creating user run events with item giveaways everywhere unsupervised. If you would like to turn this into a legitimate event with giveaways and your own custom made items, that's fine as well, however you need to run it by the mods, and you need to have the event be open for anyone and everyone to join. Members have been, and are free to suggest events, items, and ideas any time they like.

I already ran it by you, I believe....I'm happy to work it out with you and the mods if you're willing.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:58 pm
CLCyrus
SpectralEternity

I already ran it by you, I believe....I'm happy to work it out with you and the mods if you're willing.

You ran the idea by us, yes, but we need the complete concept in order to approve it. For instance, you mentioned making items. If you plan on making custom items, then you need to explain to us what they do, and how many you plan on giving away in each goody bag so to speak. You also need to let us know if you just want those items to be exclusive to your event, or if you wouldn't mind just adding them to the guild event item list. If you're giving away items that are already in the guild, again, you need to let us know which items you will be giving away, and how many. From there we can approve or suggest edits, and then you can give us a set length of time you want the event to last, where it is located, and what the announcement for the event should look like, and so on. Then your event will be live and everyone can have fun. :0  

SpectralEternity

Crew

Angelic Guardian

43,250 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100

StarlightSchism

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 7:52 pm
So I heard we can suggest items and events and I'm ready to go ham (honestly just random ideas, but I figured I'd throw them out there ho ho ho)

Rainbow Cookie- Feed it to your pokemon, generate 1-7 (or more) for a color, then recolor your pokemon what you got. A poor man's crystal shard

Water gun (and other type-appropriate items) - held item, consumed on use, turns first damaging move used by pokemon into the type of the item (water for the water gun, etc.). Or some kind of similar effect

Bait (or something cooler idk) - use once to fight the evolved form of a wild pokemon instead of its unevolved form. Or it could just be used to rng & fight a pokemon without having to use the post counts for it

I ran out of ideas fast lol

Also I guess a question. If we wanted to host our own small events, could we make a thread in the secret base forum just for that event? What if you wanted to do a roller derby, picnic, etc., where it would be cool to have a place to do it.

I really like the idea of people being able to host their own mini events, it seems like it could be fun. Also, this reminds me, I really should make Arezu's house some time...  
POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games