Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Slytherin Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 181 182 183 184 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:28 pm
User Image
User Image

User Image Location: Pitch - Slytherin Try-outs

Mira walked onto the pitch with her sister's broom in her hand. "Hey, guys." Mira said rushing over to her housemates. Taking a forum she got to work filling it out like she usually did before handing it in. Mira couldn't wait to get the season started. Hopefully they could pull off another win for the cup since Ashley was graduating at the end of the year. Since her sister wasn't playing and Gryffindor lost a lot of good people she had faith they'd be just fine. Although she had gotten Grace to try out of the Ravenclaw team so that would make things interesting if she got in.

- - - - - - - - -

Username: murruelecreuset
Character's Name: Mira Mitchell
House: Slytherin
Year: 5th Year
Advanced Flying I: Yes
Advanced Flying II: Yes
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 4 Years
Any Special Skill: Mean Swing, Dang Healthy, Deft Dodger
First Choice Position: Beater
Second Choice Position: Chaser

- - - - - - - - -

With: Teammates... Camila, Benjamin, Ashley

Wearing: Try-out Clothes

OOC:
Aimed at --- Total Roll: ---
3 or lower = miss, + 16 = save
AC: 17
Modifiers: +7 Hitting, +7 AC
Special Skills: Mean Swing, Dang Healthy, Deft Dodger
Lives: [Life] [Life] [Life] [Life]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:22 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Kyson confidently strut onto the Quidditch Pitch, ready to try his hand at the sport. He had done fairly well thus far in his Flying class, but that didn't mean he would be good enough to make the house team. Of course, he did have the physique for the job, especially for the positions he planned on trying out for. After picking up a book about Quidditch from the library, he decided that he would best fit as a Chaser or a Keeper, with his experience from playing football at his house. Hopefully that would help him. Walking up to the captain, Kyson nodded a greeting and took a form to fill out. Once it was completed, he handed it back to the boy, picked up a school broom and went off by himself to stretch. 'Let's see how this whole thing goes...' he thought as he pulled on his legs and arms.

Username: The Shiny Furret
                                                    Character's Name: Kyson Macclellan
                                                    Year: 1st
                                                    Advanced Flying I: no
                                                    Advanced Flying II: no
                                                    Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 0
                                                    Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Good Arm, Swift Swipe
                                                    First Choice Position: Chaser
                                                    Second Choice Position: Keeper

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PUREBLOOD SLYTHERIN FIRST YEAR xxx

And I can't stop 'til the whole world knows my name. 'Cause I was only born inside my dreams.
                                                  Until you die for me, as long as there is a light, my shadow's over you. 'Cause I am the opposite of amnesia.
                                                  And you're a cherry blossom, you're about to bloom. You look so pretty, but you're gone so soon.
                                                  Some legends are told. Some turn to dust or to gold. But you will remember me, remember me for centuries.
                                                  And just one mistake is all it will take. We'll go down in history, remember me for centuries.

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:15 am
User Image

User Image

Third Year │ Slytherin │ Chaser

Devonte walked onto the pitch, seeing that most everyone had arrived already. He walked up to their captain--who was only to be their captain for one more year--and filled out a form, noticing that there was only one new first year, and it looked to be like he was trying out for chaser. Well, there was no way he'd be giving up that spot, and to a first year, of all people.

Name Here

OOC:

━━━━━━

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

Username: Deviled Dregs
Character's Name: Devonte Bannister
Year: Third
Advanced Flying I: Yes
Advanced Flying II: Enrolled
Years of Previous Quidditch playing: 2
Any Special Skill: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
First Choice Position: Chaser
Second Choice Position: Anything  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:50 pm
User Image
                                                  Living risky, never scared, wander
                                                  Closer to the edge
                                                  Nothing valued think no fear,
                                                  Always wondering why you’re here

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════
                                                  ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔰𝔢𝔯 𝔞𝔫𝔡 ℭ𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔞𝔦𝔫 || 𝔖𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔥 𝔜𝔢𝔞𝔯 || 𝔖𝔩𝔶𝔱𝔥𝔢𝔯𝔦𝔫 𝔓𝔞𝔯𝔰𝔢𝔩𝔪𝔬𝔲𝔱𝔥
                                                  ════════════════════════

Ashley crossed his arms and cocked an eyebrow at Benjamin before deciding to ignore the younger Slytherin. He was certain that by this point, Benjamin was doing this just to get a rise out of him, and he wasn't biting. He instead watched as people trickled into tryouts and he counted heads as he collected forms. When finally it seemed as though everyone was here, he whistled to get everyone's attention. "All right, listen up! This year, we're doing things a bit differently. Normally for tryouts, we have the group split up into teams, but we're not doing that this year. Devonte, Kyson, and Evander, I want you up in the air trying to get the quaffle from each other and scoring. Seymour, you're going to be defending. Tristan, Mira, I want you both up and trying to hit the chasers. I don't want to see anyone knocked out. Sera, you and Kenny are going to be trying for the snitch. Camilla and I are going to be observing. We'll do a switch-up of the positions after a bit, so I want to see you do your best." Ashley released the balls and mounted his broom, then shot up in the air. When everyone was ready, he chucked the quaffle up for the toss-up.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Heh, I only have to do this for one more term...
                                                  OOC: IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE PM EITHER EZZY ZE NINJA OR MYSELF. WE WOULD BE GLAD TO HELP OUT. ALSO, PLEASE REFER TO THIS THREAD FOR INFORMATION ON QUIDDITCH.
                                                  Ptolemy and Hecate

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

All your purposes are gone, nothing’s
                                                  Right and nothing’s wrong
                                                  Nothing ventured, nothing gained
                                                  Feel no sorrow, feel no pain

Essy ze Ninja

The Forgotten Weasley

mc2

murruelecreuset

Deviled Dregs

The Shiny Furret

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
mc2 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:59 pm
User ImagexxxxxxSera Maybelle Avery
<2nd Year Slytherin>

Playing Seeker

AC: 13
Mods: (+3 Spotting) (+3 Catching)
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Great Catch, Sharp Eyes
Roll: 20 (+3 Spotting)(+3 Catching) = 23 (SNITCH SPOTTED)
Seeking: XX/03
Catching: xx/02

-------------------------------------------------

Sera raised a brow when Ashley end up just sending her and Kenny to do seeker for now. That worked for her, though, Evander was the one closest to her skill level and would be who she was fighting against. Kenny... well he'd outdo either of them, but he was a great seeker. It was probably why he was left alone despite being so quiet and probably easy bait for the more vicious and petty Slytherins to focus on. Everyone had to have their niche in the house, and Kenny was their seeker. Plain and simple. Now, Sera just had to prove herself as a someday great seeker, and now just a decent enough one with potential. Cracking her knuckles, she picked up her broom and took off to begin her search at the start of the try-outs. She needed all the time she could get for an advantage.  
The Shiny Furret rolled 10 10-sided dice: 8, 9, 7, 9, 2, 10, 2, 10, 6, 8 Total: 71 (10-100)
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:06 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Kyson was ready to go when the Captain called them all to attention, giving them their instructions. So he was going to be after the Quaffle, competing with two other boys for it. It seemed easy enough. Mounting his broom, he took off into the air, coming to a hover around the center of the pitch. When the Quaffle was tossed, he darted ahead, reaching for it.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

And I can't stop 'til the whole world knows my name. 'Cause I was only born inside my dreams.
                                                  Until you die for me, as long as there is a light, my shadow's over you. 'Cause I am the opposite of amnesia.
                                                  And you're a cherry blossom, you're about to bloom. You look so pretty, but you're gone so soon.
                                                  Some legends are told. Some turn to dust or to gold. But you will remember me, remember me for centuries.
                                                  And just one mistake is all it will take. We'll go down in history, remember me for centuries.

Slytherin Chaser
                                                  Nat. Flyer | Good Arm | Swift Swipe
                                                  AC: 12 | Mods: +2

| |

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
The Forgotten Weasley rolled 10 10-sided dice: 8, 4, 3, 5, 10, 4, 4, 10, 2, 3 Total: 53 (10-100)

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:09 pm
There's a war inside of me burning red and honestly-
Any idiot could see that I killed all the hope that I had.
There's a war inside of me, and you watch it silently...
And I wave it constantly like a flag, like a flag, like a flag.
This knife that's in my back keeps twisting; anxiety attacks!
This is a battleground; I'm caught in the crossfire;
My words are weaponry and I'm waiting patiently...

User Image
ᵉ ᵛ ᵃ ᶰ ᵈ ᵉ ʳ
ᵗ ʳ ᶤ ˢ ᵗ ᵃ ᶰ
ˡ ᶤ ˡ ˡ ᵃ ᶰ ᵗ ᶤ ᶰ ᵉ

ˢˡʸᵗʰᵉʳᶤᶰᶠᵒᵘʳᵗʰ ʸᵉᵃʳᵖᵘʳᵉᵇˡᵒᵒᵈʰᵉᶤʳ

Vander was hardly surprised he was starting off tryouts playing chaser once again. The position wasn't his favorite, but he could tolerate it. He wasn't going to let a bloody first year outdo him at it, anyways. He shot up after the quaffle.

OOC:
Position: Chaser
AC: 18
Mods: +6 Catching Snitch, +4 Spotting Snitch
Special Skills: Great Catch, Deft Dodger, Natural Flyer
Lives: (X) (X) (X)
Catching Up to Snitch:
Seeking Snitch:

Username

You win the battle now, but I will return the fire.
'Cause I'd crawl on broken glass to be the one who laughs last!
You're advancing mercilessly; unprovoked and needlessly-
And I'll march you into the sea just to watch you drown in the end.
I am used to these black eyes, to be bruised; antagonized;
But it overwhelms my mind to believe that I call you a friend.
Down the trenches I will go, fight the armies on my own...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:28 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The quaffle slid into his hands like it was meant to be there. Kyson grinned, diving to avoid Evander's attempt to grab the ball. Well, lookie here. The first year wasn't doing so bad after all. Now, if he could keep it up, he would make the team for sure. Speeding up, the blonde shot towards down the field towards the goals.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Slytherin Chaser
                                                  Posts to the Goals: (1/3)

| |

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Deviled Dregs rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:21 pm
User Image

User Image

Devonte watched as a first year grabbed the ball and flew off with it, going in after it once Evander had missed.

Name Here

OOC:

━━━━━━

AC: 14
Modifiers: +4 to stealing and scoring
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
Lives: x x x
Posts to goal: /3
Final roll: 19 (STEAL)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:23 pm
User Image

User Image

He grabbed it away from the younger boy, tucking it under his arm and flying off.

Name Here

OOC:

━━━━━━

Posts to goal: 1/3
Final roll:

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
The Shiny Furret rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:44 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Just as soon as he had it, he lost it. Devonte swooped in out of nowhere and snatched the Quaffle from under Kyson's arm. How dare he! With an irritated huff, the boy swiveled around and went in to steal the ball.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Slytherin Chaser
                                                  Posts to the Goals: (0/3)
                                                  Final Roll: 19 (steal)

| |

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:46 pm
User Image

User Image
                                                  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Success! Kyson slipped the ball right out from under the older boy's arm, clutched it to his side, and took off. He was headed for the goals once again, and this time, he was determined to hold onto the Quaffle.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Slytherin Chaser
                                                  Posts to the Goals: (1/3)
                                                  Final Roll: -- (?)

| |

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Diamond Wales rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:52 pm
User Image
                                                  I know we got it good, but they got it made,
                                                  And their grass is getting greener each day,
                                                  I know things are looking up, but soon they'll take us down,
                                                  Before anybody's knowing our name

User Image
                                                  ════════════════════════
                                                  Sᴇᴠᴇɴᴛʜ Yᴇᴀʀ || Sᴇᴇᴋᴇʀ || Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Pʀᴇғᴇᴄᴛ
                                                  ════════════════════════

Kenny nodded toward Ashley and mounted his broom, already aware that Sera had a head start on him. Well, he had plenty of experience, and he was certain his spot was almost guaranteed. Almost, however, wasn't good enough, since he could easily lose it to a younger student. He started searching for the snitch, trying to see if he could find the golden orb.

AC: 18
                                                  Modifiers: +8 for spotting, +8 for catching
                                                  Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Sharp Eyes and Great Catch
                                                  Lives: [☑] [☑] [☑]
                                                  Final Roll: --
                                                  -/3 Catch Up
                                                  -/2 Attempts

════════════════════════
                                                  Thinking: Wow, my last year already...
                                                  Taken By: Persephone Tempest
                                                  OOC:

[x]

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Do you think I'm special? Do you think I'm nice?
                                                  Am I bright enough to shine in your spaces?
                                                  Between the noise you hear, and the sounds you like
                                                  Are we just sinking in an ocean of faces?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:13 pm
User ImagexxxxxxSera Maybelle Avery
<2nd Year Slytherin>

Playing Seeker

AC: 13
Mods: (+3 Spotting) (+3 Catching)
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Great Catch, Sharp Eyes
Roll: 20 (+3 Spotting)(+3 Catching) = 23 (SNITCH SPOTTED)
Seeking: 1/03
Catching: xx/02

-------------------------------------------------

Sera grinned having spotted the snitch. Who knew she could have such good fortune so early. Or better her calculations on where to start looking panned out. She rushed forward in her chase of the snitch. The earlier to it the better.  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Deviled Dregs rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:18 pm
User Image

User Image

The younger boy grabbed the ball back, and well, he just couldn't have that. He swooped back to hopefully steal it and keep it. He wasn't going to give up his position without a fight.

Name Here

OOC:

━━━━━━

Posts to goal: /3
Final roll: 11 (miss)

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 181 182 183 184 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games