Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unashamed - A Christian Discussion Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Christian, Discussion, Religion, Theology, Philosophy 

[OFF-TOPIC] Post here, earn gold!!!!! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:25 am
`Though thy crest be shorn and shaven, thou,' I said, `art sure no craven.
Ghastly grim and ancient raven wandering from the nightly shore -

Then I'll keep randomly streaking <.<

-cough-

Tell me what thy lordly name is on the Night's Plutonian shore!'
Quoth the raven, `Nevermore.'

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:10 pm
Requiem Arc
Hmm... I joined the guild thinking of bringing up some things to discuss, yet now I find that I'm reluctant to discuss them. Lol.

Why? D:  

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Lord Maxdom

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:36 pm
Yeah, bring up whatever you want to discuss. You won't be judged, well..Maybe a little bit. But not in a bad way...Well, maybe in a bad way if you say something pretty offensive...But we'll be fine with talking about it...Unless it's boring, in that case don't bring it up....But you can trust us to no cause any problems...Unless you talk about a creepy subject in which case I might object...But you can totally.

Okay I'm done, I had my fun with that. mrgreen

Just bring up whatever it is you want to talk about dude/dude-of-the-female-kind, no regrets.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:15 pm
"Dude of the female kind"? 8D  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Lord Maxdom

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:23 pm
It's such a politically-correct term isn't it?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:33 pm
I'm ... hmm. 8D  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:18 pm

Well if any other discussion points come up from my weekly Mormon study I'll post them here and see if it can persuade some discussion..

Now while I don't like the Book of Mormon myself however I've realized I don't have to like it. You can use the different verses and come up with a discussion that has some common ground with everyone else. Like a meeting of the minds.

And I'm almost done with my book, so I'm going to make an essay type thing tomorrow and post it probably tomorrow night as another discussion. smile Maybe we should have a book of the month club type thing xD

Course knowing my weird butt, the books I choose will be on other things, not necessarily Christianity. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:33 pm
My vote is a religion of the Month to study!  

Lord Maxdom

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:38 pm
That would actually be sort of cool. Though I'm not sure how it fits in with the rest of the guild, considering this is a Christian discussion guild. Though we could do like, a book (from the Bible) a month or something.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:57 pm
Well, it would be Christians, Discussing, wouldn't it?  

Lord Maxdom

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:30 am

I tend to be more uplifted by reading secular or other religious books versus reading something written by other Christians. I'm weird.

However as Christians, we should at least expand our horizons and do at least some research into other religions and familiarize ourselves with it, that way we can gain some understanding from our non-Christian neighbors. I mean it doesn't hurt to try something new.

Though wasn't it a few years ago that we were trying an interfaith discussion type deal?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:08 pm
This is true. I was trying to organize an interfaith discussion with the rest of Gaia, but it got to be too much work, and it was hard (surprisingly) generating interest outside of the guild, and with other religion-affiliated guilds. confused So I sort of gave up on it. sad  

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

freelance lover
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:16 pm
Ravynne Sidhe

I tend to be more uplifted by reading secular or other religious books versus reading something written by other Christians. I'm weird.

However as Christians, we should at least expand our horizons and do at least some research into other religions and familiarize ourselves with it, that way we can gain some understanding from our non-Christian neighbors. I mean it doesn't hurt to try something new.

Though wasn't it a few years ago that we were trying an interfaith discussion type deal?

Yes and yes. I've already got a ton of research on other faiths, thanks to Coexist. I'd be more than willing to share it.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:36 pm
I'm always a fan of studying other religions, the issue though is always learning from other people while noticing some bias they may have as explaining to you. Otherwise you can end up very easily misinformed. That's why it's always best to ask various numbers of people from said religion, rather than a single group.  

Lord Maxdom

Ravynne Sidhe

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:19 pm

Yeah interfaith discussions can be difficult especially within the Christian community since one group of people are adamant about not agreeing to it for whatever reason, and then the group of non-Christians are convinced that Christians are evil and out out to get them.

I've been wanting to start a interfaith chatroom on imvu, when I get either access pass or vip. But there are people who wouldn't be cool with it on either the Christian or non-Christian side. So I know I'd have my work could out for me -.-

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces