Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
UNIVERSAL VIDEO GAME THREAD Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:28 am
Lt. Brookman
Hello there, sweet game..

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

besides the funny one-liners and conversations, i wasnt too fond of either saints row games...  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 5:33 am
fire - link
Lt. Brookman
Hello there, sweet game..

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

besides the funny one-liners and conversations, i wasnt too fond of either saints row games...
It's one of the few games where I don't act all squeamish and pretend that I've got a conscience. I was sceptical at first but after getting it and giving it a whirl, it's addictive and rewarding.

And come on now! Who doesn't like playing as a sociopathic purple wearing c**t with a very limited musical taste and even more limited vocabulary?  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:33 am
Some knob took a strange dislike to me in MW2 yesterday, on a hardcore game. I wasn't saying anything, I didn't even have my mike in, he just decided to take his time in making sure that I knew he was shooting me in the face, twice, on purpose.

So as the last seconds of the game were running down, I found him and stuck a Semtex grenade to the back of his head.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:40 am
Lt. Brookman
And come on now! Who doesn't like playing as a sociopathic purple wearing c**t with a very limited musical taste and even more limited vocabulary?

did you really just ask that...?

and @Marcus:
that is full of win.

i got the new map pack the other day for MW2, and was playing online, and i swear within minutes everyone but me had learned every bit of all 5 maps... so i was dieing instantly every damn time (i may not be pro at it, but im pretty good at MW2 too, but almost everyone else with me was on Prestige or Prestige 2... (seriously though, ANYONE who has the time and lack of a life to reach Prestige 10 needs to have his gnads removed with a rusty spoon)
in the end, i resorted to lobbing semtex's across the map whenever i spawned. one of them was the game winning kill. i spawned, lobbed a semtex, and had it land on someones face. all you saw was a slow-mo of them taking a few steps forward with a glowing red face, before they blew the hell up, taking 2 others (and one of my own team...) with them.  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:32 am
fire - link
Lt. Brookman

did you really just ask that...?

and @Marcus:
that is full of win.

i got the new map pack the other day for MW2, and was playing online, and i swear within minutes everyone but me had learned every bit of all 5 maps... so i was dieing instantly every damn time (i may not be pro at it, but im pretty good at MW2 too, but almost everyone else with me was on Prestige or Prestige 2... (seriously though, ANYONE who has the time and lack of a life to reach Prestige 10 needs to have his gnads removed with a rusty spoon)
in the end, i resorted to lobbing semtex's across the map whenever i spawned. one of them was the game winning kill. i spawned, lobbed a semtex, and had it land on someones face. all you saw was a slow-mo of them taking a few steps forward with a glowing red face, before they blew the hell up, taking 2 others (and one of my own team...) with them.

xD That's pretty awesome. When all else fails, lob grenades. It's worked for me too. Unconnected on the Semtex but on a game this morning I was in a game for about a minute and got the game winning kill. I bet that was a sickner to the guy in there who had like 34 to 4 kills.

Oh, and agreed on the Prestige 10. I've just got to level 70 the other day, and that took me about 3 months of pretty solid play whenever I had the time.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:15 pm
Never again will I rent DBZ: Raging Blast >.>

Planning on pre-ordering Halo: Reach myself, oh and I got Dragon Age: Awakening....finally I met the Architect and sided with him at the end, and saw Loghain only once before he left to report to the Wardens in Orlais, as he put it, "Now it is time for me to go. The Orlesian Wardens await my presence, daggers and all."
Still wished that on my highest lvl character, my dwarven noble, that I managed to keep Alistair, Anora, and Loghain alive...but Alistair seeing as I did not work on his personal quest this time and harden him to reality, decided that he would change his mind at the last second about marrying Anora when I spared Loghain, and just had to make me execute him for the "Greater Good" of Ferelden.

Syumerrt

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:34 am
i have a mate on prestige 2, and he says he "only plays it every so often" yeah right, hes the equivelant of a lvl 164 (prestige2, lv24)

i think im lv62... so only 8 more levels before i hit the first prestige mark... only problem is, when you reach that point, you gain practically no exp per match....

@-Syumerrt:
if your planning on getting Reach, i would rent ODST first, as just owning that gives you free access to the open multiplayer beta test (in other words, you get to play Reach Multiplayer a few months early)

obviously, even if you like Halo (which i LOVE) then if you hate a game in the series (Halo: Wars for me, it went down harder than a thai hooker...) then theres no point buying it. but i get the feeling Reach will be amazing...  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:18 am
Bah, games that reward you for such insane input of time with skills were never my forte. I prefer games where everybody starts at the same level so to say, or where the skills aren't that advantageous.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:35 am
@ fire - link, yeah, that is a bit of a bummer, but I'm spending the time unlocking the rest of the stuff for my weapons at the moment.

@ Brookman, I don't think the unlockables are really all that advantageous. It still comes down to your 'skill' (I say that, because I really disagree there is much skill. It's just getting used to the game and the maps). It's quite possible to pick the game up from start and give good competition to all the high level players.

I use Marathon or Sleight of Hand, Stopping Power (Cold Blooded if Hardcore) and Commando. You get the same basic benefits at standard or at pro, and apart from jumping off cliffs and surviving, I could probably play at the same level if they weren't upgraded  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:00 pm
Slight of Hand pro (super fast reloading + fast scoping), Hardline Pro (1 less kill to get a killstreak reward + 1 less death to get a deathstreak) and Ninja Pro (Invisble to Heartbeat sensors + silent movement)

since i tend to be a sniper, being able to reload quickly, scope quickly, move silently, not be found by enemies with HB Sensors, and able to get my Killstreak rewards sooner (Emergency Airdrop, Pavelow and AC130 gunship) comes in really handy.  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:30 am
Eh, sniping. Not a fan. I get more kills when I do it, but it's no fun.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:50 am
Its all about Reaction times...  

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:11 am
.. I was stood in one of the little stores on the Invasion map with another guy, shooting out of the big window. Two grenades came in at the same time, at either side of us. When they went, we flew into each other head first, and bounced off each other. The sounds went, in tandum, "AAhhh- Ugh."  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:42 am
The eagle searches for its prey, not knowing it is prey itself... of humanity.

The law of Nature. Some survive, some die. In the path to excellence. We heard the thunderous roar of the mighty spirit.

INDIAN OUTLAW.
pirate

Orrrrrr play as a hungry shark in MIAMI! twisted  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:57 am
Battlefield Hero's!!!  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games