Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Ineffable Experiences. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:22 pm
Gho the Girl
What if God isn't omnipotent? If I take God=Agape further logically, does God really need to be a distinct entity and personality with loads of divine power?

What if God just is?

What if this is God?
And then comes the big kicker: If God just is, what if everything is God?

I always loved that thought. Still do. Sits right up there with Buddha Nature in Everything; both hold the same meaning to me. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 5:17 am
Byaggha
Gho the Girl
What if God isn't omnipotent? If I take God=Agape further logically, does God really need to be a distinct entity and personality with loads of divine power?

What if God just is?

What if this is God?
That's actually what I'm thinking at this point.
Quote:

I always loved that thought. Still do. Sits right up there with Buddha Nature in Everything; both hold the same meaning to me. 3nodding
What's your opinion on my use of the term Jesus in relation to the term a buddha?  

Gho the Girl

aoijea23487

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:31 am
I'm not sure how something like not talking to someone backfires.

Do not talk to ex-lover because you have feelings for him and talking to him twists the knife a little bit further each time. Therefore, separate yourself from him. And his new fling. Do not stalk them on Facebook. Do not stalk them in real life. Do not plot to break them up.

Instead, focus on preexisting friendships and enrich them. Do hobbies. Sleep.

My subconscious reaction?

Have a dream about him holding me intimately and whispering to me that he thinks I need to learn how to love.

WHAT THE ********.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:06 am
Quote:
What's your opinion on my use of the term Jesus in relation to the term a buddha?
I've heard argument he's a Bodhisattva, which'd put him well on the way there. Don't see why he couldn't be considered in a similar vein, really. 3nodding  

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

FlySammyJ

Liberal Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:19 pm
Gho the Girl
Byaggha
Gho the Girl

What if God just is?

What if this is God?
That's actually what I'm thinking at this point.

I've tried to express that thought around M & R and just got shut down for setting myself up to be God. emo

But that's pretty much how I feel about the relationship between divinity and reality. My animist tendencies spring from this, but I can't decide whether I'm a pantheist or a panentheist.

Relevant quote - "We are a way for the universe to know itself," said Mr Sagan.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:34 pm
demisara
I've tried to express that thought around M & R and just got shut down for setting myself up to be God. emo
See, that makes me sad. If there are claims a being/entity is omnipresent, stands to reason it's in and with everyone and everything, right? Otherwise, it is not omnipresent.  

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

aoijea23487

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:50 pm
demisara
but I can't decide whether I'm a pantheist or a panentheist.

This is essentially my problem. The best I've been able to reconcile it is that all of the gods are just gods, but all of the gods plus everything else in the universe is God. Little-g gods are a "race" of beings, so to speak.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:36 pm
There's a flicker of hope that cannot be quenched, no matter how darkly obscured it may be.

I blend and adapt and take on the mental state of those around me without even fully realizing it until it's too late to turn back. Does this make me an empath or a human chameleon? Or even socially versatile?

Also, gremlins. lol  

lexipthemudkip

6,200 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Flatterer 200

whiporwill-o

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:16 pm
Illiezeulette
I'm not sure how something like not talking to someone backfires.

Do not talk to ex-lover because you have feelings for him and talking to him twists the knife a little bit further each time. Therefore, separate yourself from him. And his new fling. Do not stalk them on Facebook. Do not stalk them in real life. Do not plot to break them up.

Instead, focus on preexisting friendships and enrich them. Do hobbies. Sleep.

My subconscious reaction?

Have a dream about him holding me intimately and whispering to me that he thinks I need to learn how to love.

WHAT THE ******** class="clear">

i, too, have experienced this... i thought maybe i was just out of my mind. ninja

happens about twice a week, but then i wake up and after a few seconds i remember what a jerk he was and thus i continue on my merry way. 3nodding i figure my subconscious is just telling me that it thinks i need someone, and since he was the only someone i have ever had it's trying to make a (failing) connection. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:48 pm
"Hello. I'm the Doctor. Basically...run."  

TheDisreputableDog

FlySammyJ

Liberal Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 9:13 am
TheDisreputableDog
"Hello. I'm the Doctor. Basically...run."

<3

The Beast Below is so good.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:28 am
Byaggha
Quote:
I've heard argument he's a Bodhisattva, which'd put him well on the way there. Don't see why he couldn't be considered in a similar vein, really. 3nodding
Had a brain wave awhile back, tell me what you think:

If Jesus can be considered a Bodhisattva, why shouldn't Siddhartha be considered a Saint?  

Gho the Girl

Cyrus the Elder

6,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:52 am
UNLIMITED POWER!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:30 am
Gho the Girl

If Jesus can be considered a Bodhisattva, why shouldn't Siddhartha be considered a Saint?
You know, I think you'd have to ask your people that. But some there may have issues with the 'no need for deity' thing, unless they link the spark of Buddhahood we all have to the concept of God you've been bouncing around here. 3nodding  

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

rmcdra

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:35 am
Byaggha
Gho the Girl

You know, I think you'd have to ask your people that. But some there may have issues with the 'no need for deity' thing, unless they link the spark of Buddhahood we all have to the concept of God you've been bouncing around here. 3nodding
Personally I don't have a problem with considering him a Saint along with a few other Christians I know.

But I know that many Churches do have issues with this because they reserve sainthood for the "best of the best Christians". Since Siddhartha wasn't a Christian, (or rather a Catholic or Orthodoxy), he's not even eligible.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff