Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
In a bad mood? come here and rant till you feel better Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

will you sticky this? (for Nuri only)
  Yes
  NO
  who are you?
View Results

aoijea23487

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:33 pm
why are all of my dreams about defending my cosmology, defending Wicca, or stressfully sorting out problems in my personal life?

why can't they be like having nice chats with gods and goddesses, flying on puffy white clouds, or running through beautiful fields of wildflowers?

i need to pick up lucid dreaming. ):

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:17 pm
Illiezeulette
why are all of my dreams about defending my cosmology, defending Wicca, or stressfully sorting out problems in my personal life?

why can't they be like having nice chats with gods and goddesses, flying on puffy white clouds, or running through beautiful fields of wildflowers?

i need to pick up lucid dreaming. ):

Do you deal with a lot of those things in your daily life? I find that when I am stressed about things, it plays out in my dreams. Perhaps a daily time of relaxation, be it meditation, participating in a hobby, or something, would be a help. Something to take your mind off your troubles, if you have any, and smooth out the kinks in your mental processes.  

IH_Zero

Fiddlers Green

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:52 pm
Shearaha
Freaking bank scream How can you charge me for overdrafts that didn't happen? That are not reflected in my account at all and then tell me, well just because it hasn't posted doesn't mean that it hasn't left? Isn't that what posted means? scream

I really, really want to hurt someone right now. Unfortunatly the people I want to hurt are on the other end of the phone somewhere and I refuse to hurt just anyone in the vicinity. I have forewarned my co-workers of my foul mood. I almost feal sorry for the next staffer that does something stupid or incompetent.

In my state, that would be grounds for a lawsuit.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 4:11 pm
Shearaha
Freaking bank scream How can you charge me for overdrafts that didn't happen? That are not reflected in my account at all and then tell me, well just because it hasn't posted doesn't mean that it hasn't left? Isn't that what posted means? scream

Hard posted means that we've both sent it and it has been received. Are the items located in your pending (which you may not see)? And in your balance?

But if you can't find it anywhere in your account, it might be located in your pending items. At my bank, those count towards your balance and you can get overdraft for them (although, those usually post with the item that caused it).

Go over day by day balances. Banks should be taking credits first and then debits, so look at the end of day balances. But if a bank paid for something that bounced (checks, bill pays, some debit card stuff. I rarely see returned items, to be honest) then they will charge an overdraft fee.

Be polite and persistent. Most customer service reps have an authority level they can waive fees up to. My own is about $200 or so. If this is the first time you had overdraft fees, or can prove it is a mistake, then they will be more likely to waive them (and if you get me, I'm the fee ******** fairy. I love refunding them), and politeness pays off more than getting angry.

Ask them to re-explain. You may have gotten a rep that just can't explain what happened well. There might be a technical error with batch processing (has happened before with my bank)

What bank do you use?  

maenad nuri
Captain

aoijea23487

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 6:16 pm
AngryRobotsInc.
Do you deal with a lot of those things in your daily life? I find that when I am stressed about things, it plays out in my dreams. Perhaps a daily time of relaxation, be it meditation, participating in a hobby, or something, would be a help. Something to take your mind off your troubles, if you have any, and smooth out the kinks in your mental processes.

philosophy & religion are my hobbies X3

my main concern is that my subconscious mind is not in good functioning order. i wish someone would fire pointed questions at me so i can dig deeper.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:25 pm
Illiezeulette
AngryRobotsInc.

philosophy & religion are my hobbies X3

my main concern is that my subconscious mind is not in good functioning order. i wish someone would fire pointed questions at me so i can dig deeper.

Is it causing you any undue stress in your day to day life. If it is, I'd consider seeing a therapist. It can often help dig up issues you may not even realize were stressing you out.  

IH_Zero

Shearaha

Aged Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:33 am
maenad nuri
Shearaha

Hard posted means that we've both sent it and it has been received. Are the items located in your pending (which you may not see)? And in your balance?

But if you can't find it anywhere in your account, it might be located in your pending items. At my bank, those count towards your balance and you can get overdraft for them (although, those usually post with the item that caused it).

Go over day by day balances. Banks should be taking credits first and then debits, so look at the end of day balances. But if a bank paid for something that bounced (checks, bill pays, some debit card stuff. I rarely see returned items, to be honest) then they will charge an overdraft fee.

Thanks Nuri, can I call you Nuri?

Looking at my running statement nothing went into overdraft. Several of the items they listed to me over the phone as overdraft are still pending. Not once in my statement does it show a negative. My end of day balance each day was positive. Which is why I'm having such an issue with this. If I put money in before the charges go through then it's not an overdraft. And five charges? The total ammout they're saying I overdrafted was 25 bucks. Each overdraft charge is $37.50.

maenad nuri
Be polite and persistent. Most customer service reps have an authority level they can waive fees up to. My own is about $200 or so. If this is the first time you had overdraft fees, or can prove it is a mistake, then they will be more likely to waive them (and if you get me, I'm the fee ******** fairy. I love refunding them), and politeness pays off more than getting angry.

Ask them to re-explain. You may have gotten a rep that just can't explain what happened well. There might be a technical error with batch processing (has happened before with my bank)

I'm usually the nice one when it comes to contacting customer services, but I did loose it a little yesterday. I ended up speaking with the guys supervisor and still didn't get anywhere. I'm going to the bank bank today to talk with someone and see if I can get this straightened out. I really don't like getting angry with people. I usually leave that up to my husband.

maenad nuri
[What bank do you use?

Huntington.

I've never had an issue. When there's been issues before they were always able to explaine things in a way that made sense and at least work with me on things. Just last week they called with a customer service survey and I gave them excellent rating on all of my interactions with them.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 3:39 pm
of course you can call me nuri.

Yeah, that does sound fishy. We don't overdraft fee until anything has hard posted. yes, go to the bank bank. If they know you better, you'll probably get farther.

On the customer service side however? I feel like utter s**t today. We had a horrible day, long wait times, calls that went on forever about just odd stuff, systems breaking. But worse? I made a woman cry because we couldn't not refund/return both a check and electronic transfer to her mortgage. I went to bat for her, figuring everything out, but because of her history, we couldn't change a damn thing.

So she started bawling and I felt even worse.

Today just sucked.  

maenad nuri
Captain

aoijea23487

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:34 pm
AngryRobotsInc.
Is it causing you any undue stress in your day to day life. If it is, I'd consider seeing a therapist. It can often help dig up issues you may not even realize were stressing you out.

nah. i am considered a high-stress individual. it's not undue stress if i actively seek it because it's my hobby. i'm not going to go see a therapist just because i'm having stressful dreams.

when i'm not in school, i tend to freak out about it in my dreams. i hate not being in school. at this point i do not doubt that lack-of-school is the root cause of all this.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 3:24 pm
Illiezeulette
AngryRobotsInc.

nah. i am considered a high-stress individual. it's not undue stress if i actively seek it because it's my hobby. i'm not going to go see a therapist just because i'm having stressful dreams.

when i'm not in school, i tend to freak out about it in my dreams. i hate not being in school. at this point i do not doubt that lack-of-school is the root cause of all this.

Makes sense. If you have the funds, perhaps you should look into taking local classes when you're out of school. It won't be nearly as frequent as school, of course, but might help alleviate some stress.  

IH_Zero

aoijea23487

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:06 pm
AngryRobotsInc.
Makes sense. If you have the funds, perhaps you should look into taking local classes when you're out of school. It won't be nearly as frequent as school, of course, but might help alleviate some stress.

i was definitely looking into it, but my mother wouldn't let me register at the local community college because she's class-ist and doesn't want me to be around people of "questionable backgrounds and/or habits." =/

last night i had a dream that involved school and people being total a-holes. last summer my nights were usually filled with dreams about lost schedules, getting lost on campus, being late to class, etc. everything stopped when vacation ended. bad dreams during summer is typical, i'm afraid. i'm just going to have to ride this one out.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:29 pm
oh. my. gods.
i saw someone say the g word on youtube and called them out on it. all i said was "g~ is a racial slur =/"

i got this [racial slurs edited out, otherwise capitalization and squiggle lines are original]:

Quote:
*G~* Certainly Is *NOT* A Racial Slur! I Know Many True G~s! Sometimes Some Call Themself Both G~ & Romani! Most Have Their Roots From India! G~ Sometimes Advertise As G~ Fortune Tellers To Earn Some Cash! There Are "G~ Tarot Cards" Crafted By True G~s! Don't Insult A G~ To Their Face ~Ever! They Are Holders Of Powerful Magick! They Don't Bind Themselves To The Wiccan Rede! They Are Pround To Be G~s! Calling The G~ Tribes Name A Racial Slur Brings Misfortune!

apparently Tea is going to hex me because i said that g~ was a racial slur. also, this lady is an absolute a-hole for using g~ every chance she got.

edit: the lady who gave me the rant is a giant fluff. her youtube channel is here. BE WARNED. Severe culture rape ahead, and do not click if you are on LSD or epileptic.

aoijea23487

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:41 pm
Illiezeulette
oh. my. gods.
i saw someone say the g word on youtube and called them out on it. all i said was "g~ is a racial slur =/"

i got this [racial slurs edited out, otherwise capitalization and squiggle lines are original]:

Quote:
*G~* Certainly Is *NOT* A Racial Slur! I Know Many True G~s! Sometimes Some Call Themself Both G~ & Romani! Most Have Their Roots From India! G~ Sometimes Advertise As G~ Fortune Tellers To Earn Some Cash! There Are "G~ Tarot Cards" Crafted By True G~s! Don't Insult A G~ To Their Face ~Ever! They Are Holders Of Powerful Magick! They Don't Bind Themselves To The Wiccan Rede! They Are Pround To Be G~s! Calling The G~ Tribes Name A Racial Slur Brings Misfortune!

apparently Tea is going to hex me because i said that g~ was a racial slur.

edit: the lady who gave me the rant is a giant fluff. her youtube channel is here. BE WARNED. Severe culture rape ahead, and do not click if you are on LSD or epileptic.

More proof the interwebs isn't always reliable since any moron with a computer can post any s**t they want on the internet.
I wish she'd figure out how to properly use her ******** shift key (among other things, of course xd )

You should ask her if she's ever been to Italy or Hungary and bounced around, proudly proclaiming herself as a g~.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:07 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
You should ask her if she's ever been to Italy or Hungary and bounced around, proudly proclaiming herself as a g~.

XD

she had the charge of the goddess on her page. i just had the feeling, once noticed that things were changed around, that she would have reworded the part about being naked in your rites. i was right. it's something like "and as a sign that you are free, you shall be as free as the sky in your rites." what's wrong with saying "naked?" "skyclad?" also, it makes no logical sense. how is being free a sign of being free?

also, her 'magickal' path is called Green Celtic Wicca.

my head wants to explode.

aoijea23487

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:09 pm
Illiezeulette
Violet Song jat Shariff

XD

she had the charge of the goddess on her page. i just had the feeling, once noticed that things were changed around, that she would have reworded the part about being naked in your rites. i was right. it's something like "and as a sign that you are free, you shall be as free as the sky in your rites." what's wrong with saying "naked?" "skyclad?"

also, her 'magickal' path is called Green Celtic Wicca.

my head wants to explode.

Oi.

Don't hurt your head! See if you can get her head to explode first wink .  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 292 293 294 295 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games