Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
The Black Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:16 am
Have you started reading the Primarchs yet?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:03 am
Jason Kharo
Have you started reading the Primarchs yet?
Nope, still need to read DL and KNF first, but for the time being HH is dead to me, quality has really taken a dip over the last few novels.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:05 am
Really? I feel it was at a high in the first half dozen books, then fell to a still very enjoyable level, with little highs from the likes of First Heretic, Aurelian and Know No Fear.

Started reading The Primarchs, the Alpha Legion and Emperor's Children stories are rather captivating.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:33 am
Jason Kharo
Really? I feel it was at a high in the first half dozen books, then fell to a still very enjoyable level, with little highs from the likes of First Heretic, Aurelian and Know No Fear.

Started reading The Primarchs, the Alpha Legion and Emperor's Children stories are rather captivating.
We'll see, I'm halfway through the Emperor's Finest now and burned through the Emperor's Gift in one go yesterday. Ben Counter can go screw himself, his GK novels can be burned in a bonfire, AD-B has made another chapter his b***h.

When done with Cain I'll move on to Deliverance Lost.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:06 am
Just finished Finest, which was actually a fun read and damn it, Cain is actually likeable in this one, which is odd considering this is in his early years, despite it feeling like he's older and wiser now. Also, less of a drinking game this time round, seems the author finally wizened up and stopped using the same old sentences every umpteenth time.

Le sigh, time to dig into Deliverance Lost.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:35 pm
I think DL is like Marmite, either you will love it, or hate it. It portrays Corax in a very different way to what most people would think, as well as the leadership of the Legion.  

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:43 am
Can't stand it, I've decided to postpone DL in favour of Imperial Glory, so far, eh, it's okay.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:26 am
Just found out I still have your tattered Ravenor novel.. sweatdrop  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:40 am
Kaori Kapoigne
Just found out I still have your tattered Ravenor novel.. sweatdrop
Keep it, read it to your little piglet when she's the right age.

Other news, finished Imperial Glory, it had a rather nasty downer ending.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:08 am
I don't want to revive a somewhat dead thread, but I have some news from Games Day (A day late but what the hell, work comes first) and I have some info from the mouths of the authors. Dan Abnett is going to be returning to the Ghosts next year, and there will be another information book regarding the Sabbat World crusades. With the release of the Ravenor Vs Eisenhorn series, the Ghosts have been pushed back to a schedule of every other year. He shall also be returning to the Fantasy world with Darkblade sometime either next year or 2014.

Nick Kyme is working on another trilogy for the Salamander Space Marines. The stories in the upcoming Tome of Fire book (It's a good book from what I've read) are a bridge between the first trilogy and the next. He also has a coming Horus Heresy story.

You might have already heard, but A-D-B is working on a Sister's of Battle novel for a release date of next year, might be late 2013.  

Angels Sonata

Fashionable Friend

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:55 am
Angels Sonata
You might have already heard, but A-D-B is working on a Sister's of Battle novel for a release date of next year, might be late 2013.
ACE! blaugh  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:30 am
Vikki Stardust
Angels Sonata
ACE! blaugh
I thought that might make people happy  

Angels Sonata

Fashionable Friend

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:21 pm
Angels Sonata
Vikki Stardust
Angels Sonata
ACE! blaugh
Hes one of the few authors I actually like. His nite lords stuff was pretty deep!  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:26 pm
Vikki Stardust
Angels Sonata
Vikki Stardust
Angels Sonata
ACE! blaugh
Hes one of the few authors I actually like. His nite lords stuff was pretty deep!
If you get the chance, try and get hold of the 2012/2013 Games Day Anthology. His story in that is awesome.  

Angels Sonata

Fashionable Friend

7,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:51 am
I decided to re-read both Promethian Sun and Aurelian in anticipation of Brotherhood of the Storm, though seeing as it won't ship until November I might have been a bit premature with preparing.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games