Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Worst Things You Can Ever Say As A Pagan Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShadowSharrow

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:27 am
Quote:

I'm 54 female and the founder and titular head of the Sharayean Tradition Reformed Druidic Wicca commonly known as the OOS, past AD of the Tulsa Area Missionary Order of the Celtic Cross (MOCC) convocationary,

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:33 am
ShadowSharrow
Naomi Kuiveya
"I call The Morrigan as my Earth Mother"

LINK please, pretty please.

It was something some middle aged woman had said during Samhain. xp  

Ashaelia Caeruisce

7,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100

patch99329

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:34 am
ShadowSharrow
Quote:

I'm 54 female and the founder and titular head of the Sharayean Tradition Reformed Druidic Wicca commonly known as the OOS, past AD of the Tulsa Area Missionary Order of the Celtic Cross (MOCC) convocationary,

*sneeze*
Jesus, I'm having trouble breaking that down into something understandable.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:36 am
patch99329
ShadowSharrow
Quote:

*sneeze*
Jesus, I'm having trouble breaking that down into something understandable.

Yeah, that's a mouthful, lol.  

Ashaelia Caeruisce

7,650 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100

StrawberryDaifuku

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:19 pm
This thread reminds me when my ex boyfriend spent two months pretending he was Satan... It was absolutely dreadful. That boy was such an idiot...
Stupid, stupid boy.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:42 am
'buddha is my god aspect'  

patch99329

ShadowSharrow

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:27 am
patch99329

Well it depends on what they mean by aspect...

Every buddhist is trying to reach the same state of enlightenment as buddha...  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:52 am
ShadowSharrow
patch99329

From a 'wiccan'?  

patch99329

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:54 am
ShadowSharrow
patch99329

Ummmm... The Bodhisattva's are trying to maintain their place in order to help others.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:01 pm
TeaDidikai
ShadowSharrow
patch99329

Ummmm... The Bodhisattva's are trying to maintain their place in order to help others.

And Buddha is not a god.

What is a god aspect?  

Bastemhet

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:19 pm
Sophist

And Buddha is not a god.
That depends on the sect of Buddhism, the definition of divinity etc.

Quote:
What is a god aspect?
Within soft polytheism the idea is that there is One or sometimes two sources of deity, which present to different people by different names.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:56 pm
The person who said this wasn't a Pagan (obviously) but it's still pretty awful. A person had asked how a person defines a Pagan:

"A devil worshipper.

1: heathen 1; especially : a follower of a polytheistic religion (as in ancient Rome)

2: one who has little or no religion and who delights in sensual pleasures and material goods : an irreligious or hedonistic person"

And unfortunately, this guy got "Best Answer" too eek

In other news today, faith in humanity drops to hanging on by the skin of its teeth....  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Bastemhet

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:06 pm
TeaDidikai
Sophist

And Buddha is not a god.
That depends on the sect of Buddhism, the definition of divinity etc.

There are some traditions that worship him as that, true. From what he's said, though, Buddha did not wish to be worshiped as a god. He said that gods will not help man and that we must tend to our enlightenment ourselves (he did not address whether gods exist or not). The only part of the definition of divinity that I think could apply to Buddha would be: "of superhuman or surpassing excellence"

At least from the books I read and classes I attended. If there are any original documents that you've read that support otherwise then I could be wrong.

Quote:
Quote:
What is a god aspect?
Within soft polytheism the idea is that there is One or sometimes two sources of deity, which present to different people by different names.

I see.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:09 pm
Ultraviolett1127
A person had asked how a person defines a Pagan:
Is there a reason that Webster is an invalid answer?  

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:12 pm
Sophist

There are some traditions that worship him as that, true. From what he's said, though, Buddha did not wish to be worshiped as a god. He said that gods will not help man and that we must tend to our enlightenment ourselves (he did not address whether gods exist or not). The only part of the definition of divinity that I think could apply to Buddha would be: "of superhuman or surpassing excellence"

At least from the books I read and classes I attended. If there are any original documents that you've read that support otherwise then I could be wrong.
Well, it isn't so much a function of what Buddha said, but what god has come to mean.

Between Theistic, Deistic, Pantheistic and Monistic ideologies, the use of god could be applied to Buddha, and really- anything that has escaped the birth/death/birth cycle.

Mostly as a function of Transcendental Monism.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 90 91 92 93 94 95 ... 227 228 229 230 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games